“2nd Visit - Perfect Location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Thara Patong Beach Resort & Spa

You added Thara Patong Beach Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Thara Patong Beach Resort & Spa
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   170, 170/1 Thaweewong Road | Patong Beach, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand   |
Ranked #63 of 285 Hotels in Patong
Wales, UK
“2nd Visit - Perfect Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

Just returned from a 10 day break at Phuket and at the Thara Patong. When we arrived, we were pleased to be given a room upgrade to a Deluxe room - very spacious and clean. We like this hotel as it is very central to the beach in Patong and also Bangla Road where the bars are and near the stalls / shops. Staff are always very helpful and sociable. Also, breakfast is also a very good selection and plentiful. We were happy with the service we received at the Thara and we are confident that we will be returning there in the future.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, Duty Manager at Thara Patong Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 2, 2012
Dear jugs5
Thank you for taking the time and posting a review. It sounds like you really enjoy our location in Patong. Our location really is hard to beat. It is always good to hear from our Valued Guest when we render good service through-out the entire stay; as this is a team effort from the entire Resort. Glad you liked our breakfast and selection. We do look forward seeing you on your next trip to Patong. Happy Travels! Sincerely, Bryan Duty Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

I've stayed here many times over the last 10 years. The large Premier rooms are now looking pretty tired though I understand will be renovated soon. I had a smaller Deluxe room which was renovated about 3 years ago and it was good (previously these were called Superior rooms & after renovations they renamed them Deluxe). Breakfast was good too, and so were the other meals I ate at the hotel. Service for the most part is good too, particularly the front desk staff during the day.

Location is hard to beat in Patong. Just across the road from the beach, and even though you are 'near' all the action, the hotel itself is quiet due to its design where all rooms face the central courtyard and pools.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Dear WorldGolfTraveler
Thank you for the review. It is always a pleasure in serving long time patrons of the Resort. I believe you will be pleasantly surprised on you next trip. We look forward to serving you and the entire Golf group again next year. Happy Travels! Sincerely, Bryan Duty Manager
istanbul, turkey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

Stayed at the Thara Patong for a week in Sept. of 2011.

Pros:

Great location. Near all the action but built in a secluded manner as to not be disturbed by noise or the sleaziness of the Patong nightlife.

Beautiful hotel. I was given a pool room. Was worried about the noise of bathers but it was never a problem. Spacious room despite having two double beds. Would’ve preferred a bigger walk in shower. Loved how could walk from my room to the pool and back.

Room service and the restaurant was decent.

Two big beautiful pools.

Cons:

Booked a massage for my room, I was told the person would come in 15 minutes. After half an hour, I called and the person just lacked the ability to speak Eng. Or understand me. Another person called back and assured me it would be another 15 minutes. Wait a full half hour (a total of one hour waiting). At that point I walked over to the massage admin office. The girl just couldn’t understand me despite being the one who booked the massage. I gave up and told them to never mind. I think they just took my business for the money and all their girls were booked so tough luck for me.

The AC started leaking water. Called the office and kept recalling for 45 minutes. They said the Engineering Room was “on it’s way.” Fortunately the room was near me so I walked over, they then came over very quickly all four of them. But had I not walked over, Lord knows how long it would have taken them. You’d think water leaking into the room would concern them a little more than the seemed to exhibit.

Gym was rather small and limited in its options. Confusing how they can find room for two huge pools but just throw some weights in a corner and call it a gym.

Sometimes it was a little difficult to understand the Front Desk Staff. I don’t expect everyone to speak my level of Eng. And I am an ESL teacher.

All in all a decent hotel. Very relaxing with a very convenient location.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Dear Viri
Thank you for your comments and appreciate you taking the time in posting a review. I remember you and the mis-understading with the Spa staff and massage booking. On this account we do apologize and the Spa Supervisor has been notified. However our Engineering department is on the other side of the property from the room you stayed in, so I am not sure what room you may have visited. If the Engineering personal are busy it is our job to correctly inform you…our Valued Guest when the Engineer will arrive. Again we must apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused you no matter how small it may be. We do hope you will come and stay with us again. That will give us the opportunity to give better service starting with a one hour Free massage. Please come see me directly and we will take care of you. Happy Travels! Sincerely, Bryan Duty Manager
sydney
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012 via mobile

Having stayed in patong many times over the years I feel comfortable to add a rounded review of thara patong. We stayed in pool access rooms $145 a night. Rooms are spacious and nice but the bathroom and shower really needs a Reno. Like many resorts in patong they are showing there age. Great central location to all patongs attractions which you pay for in the rates. Breakfast is okay but make sure you there well before 10.30 as the staff work overtime to let you know breakfast has finished. The Resort staff are friendly enough for patong. There are many Russians staying at the resort you can make your own mind up regarding that. The issues I and others who stayed are the lack of hotel marketing promotions of pool bars etc compared to all other similar resorts i previously stayed at. the pool was good for swimming until 7pm only a "the pool had to have chemical treatment till 7am next day every night??? This I an excuse to stop people swimming past 7pm which is silly when paying for pool access room. I only saw a staff member pouring some chlorine in by hand at 11pm one night. Overall I want be returning to patong as it has become expensive and after staying at resorts in Vietnam it does not compare in any way or price.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
, Duty Manager at Thara Patong Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 22, 2012
Dear grant3
Thank you for taking the time and posting a review. We appreciate your comments as we discuss all guest comments weekly. As far as our pools are concerned; if you don’t mind. The pools close at 8pm nightly. Chemical treatment is automated, you will not see it. Thara Patong is most concerned with the welfare of its Valued Guest. There is no pool staff and most of the times no one around at night. If a person finds themselves in trouble in the water for whatever reason and no one is there to help…We truly hope everyone understand the logic with our Resort policy. Safety first! We do hope you will return again to enjoy yourself. Large properties are always doing something new to improve themselves. Happy Travels! Sincerely, Bryan Duty Manager
Istanbul
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

We had a great time, staff were freindly and could not be faulted, facilities excellent, food great, room service super fast and room amazing. Location is very good. if you want to party or shop in Patong in comfort or just laze about by the pool this is the place to stay. The room was big, clean, shiny, modern and convenient.
I would go there again for sure.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Dutytharapatong, Duty Manager at Thara Patong Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 21, 2012
Dear Boby2007
Thank you for the review. Sounds like the kind of Resort everyone should visit. On a more serious note. We are glad you had a most pleasant stay at Thara Patong and a fun time in Patong. We must thank you as our Valued Guest for giving us the chance to serve you. Please come visit us again. Happy Travels! Sincerely, Bryan Duty Manager
Sentosa Island, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

As a honeymooner, I was excited to tour around Asia and I could say I love this place. Staff are friendly, nice location. Only that some of the staff are not friendly and they dont help you with your bags. Their breakfast is extra special too

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear iloveasia90
Happy Honeymoon from Thara Patong! Thank you for the review. Thara Patong makes for a great honeymoon destination Resort. Close to everything, yet quiet, peaceful and undisturbed. We have addressed your observation with the Bellmen. Every Resort colleague is duty bond to help every Valued Guest. We look forward to seeing you; for the anniversary. . Happy Travels! Sincerely, Bryan Duty Manager
Hervey Bay, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

Arrived at Thara Patong 1.00am in the morning for a 10 night stay, to be greeted by very friendly smiling receptionists (2 males).
We were given a complimentary upgrade from3 x Deluxe Palm rooms to3 x Premier Rooms. Reception staff were very organized and checked us in quite quickly.
We found the Premier rooms to be quite spacious and very clean with large balconies. Next morning my husband and I asked to see a Deluxe Palm Room (like we had originally booked) . We were shown a Deluxe Palm room straight away and fell in love with it then and there and asked if we could decline the upgrade and move into the Deluxe Palm. No problem, no worries, all organized straight away for us.
There were 3 couples and one single in our group,two couples opted to stay in the Premier rooms , we went to our Deluxe Palm Room and the single person in our group has a Superior Room.
We were all very happy with the rooms. The Premier Rooms were on the 3rd Floor, both with large walk in shower and separate bath. Our Deluxe Palm room had a huge walk in shower that I am sure you could easily fit 4 - 6 people in with room to spare!.
All members of our group commented on how comfortable the beds were and how quiet the rooms are.
The staff were tremendous, from the ever smiling bellboy Suttisak, reception staff (both male and female) to Wilaiwan the housekeeping staff member that did our room, all were very friendly, courteous and very helpful. nothing was too much bother for them.
The Resort is in a great location, across the road from the beach, money changer beside the hotel, markets galore outside of the hotels' beach side entrance, a 7/11 store across the road from the front entrance for those icy cold drinks (alcoholic and soft drinks) chips, lollies etc.
Tuk tuks, taxis,etc all at the front entrance for convenience.
The resort has 3 fantastic pools (every room has a balcony view of the pools), all the pools very well maintained and sparkling clean, the grounds are very tropical and spotlessly maintained. Plenty of spare sun lounges each day around the pools and even saw many assorted flotation rings etc for the kids to use.
Two restaurants, one Italian with plenty of Thai dishes available as well, the other seafood. Food at both was delicious and cheaply priced, always greeted with big smiles from restaurant staff.
Breakfast consisted of a buffet, plenty of choices for all tastes. (Loved the green tea cakes to finish off my breakkie each day).
We holiday in Patong every year or so and have stayed at several other Resort/Hotels in Patong in the past but we are all unanimous in saying that the Thara Patong is the best so far in terms of friendliness of staff, value for money, location and facilities. We thoroughly recommend it.
I had corresponded via several emails with Bryan the Duty Manager prior to our stay and have to say how impressed I am with the promptness that he answered my inquiries.
We shall definitely be staying at the Thara Patong again for our next holiday to Phuket.

Room Tip: Premier Rooms have lift access to each of the 3 floors as well as a separate bath and bigger room sp...