“Perfect Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Banthai Beach Resort & Spa

Save Saved
You added Banthai Beach Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Banthai Beach Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   94 Thaveewong Road | Patong Beach, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand   |
Ranked #32 of 272 hotels in Patong
“Perfect Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is lovely. My mum and I have just come back from a 8 night stay and we had no problems. The reception staff always greet you when you request something and speak pretty good English. When you arrive, they put you in a air conditioned room while they process everything. The staff in blue shirts are the managers, and one of these managers told us some information about the hotel, check out times, breakfast times etc, and then took us to our room. He showed us everything in the room, and came back to set up the in room safe for us, shortly after our luggage arrived. We had a superior room on the second floor, room 1214. This block was at the back of the hotel, away from the music at night. We did not hear any noise at all. We were on the left hand side block of reception. No problems. We booked a package which included wifi and we never had any problems with the connection. Breakfast is great, wide selection with the typical western breakfast, freshly cut up fruit, fresh pancakes and waffles. Mr Egg was great. Flips your eggs without a egg slice in sight. All of the breakfast staff were great. Reception is also 24 hours which is handy. In our room the beds were a little hard so the next day we asked our room keeper to organise a mattress topper and within 5 minutes we had mattress toppers. Our room was made up everyday and when we came back from shopping it was done up. Nothing ever went missing, nothing moved or touched and if it was moved, it was so they could clean the area. The pools were chemically treated early every morning, which meant they were clean for that day. We met two lovely sisters whilst we were there and towards the end of their stay, one got seriously sick. They had to call the hospital doctor for some medication, and when the illness got worse the next morning, a hotel manager sent the sisters to hospital in a private Ban Thai van with a hotel staff member driving. The manager gave his personal phone number to the sisters for anything they needed. At the time the hotel was close to full capacity and organised for them to stay another few nights. The work to make the girls comfortable while one was sick was amazing. They got to stay in their same room for the extended stay. The next day the manager sent flowers to the hospital to send his condolences, for his sick guest. Amazing care if you ask me. On the day before we were to check out, we requested a late checkout to 2pm, however the hotel was at 100% capacity and they did their best to do a late checkout, but they could only do till 1pm, which was fine anyways as we left at 1.30pm. The staff are not one bit rude, but instead helpful and friendly. The hotel is centrally located and close to everything. Music runs till late at night but if u stay on the left hand side of reception, you here nothing. Deluxe room 1111 is perfect location. On a corner close to the pool and at the back of the hotel, so you will here no noise at all. Overall, staying at the Ban Thai was a really great choice, the rooms are good size as you don't spend much time in it anyway. Shower was clean as well as the toilet, the basin is located in the room which is good because one can have a shower and the other can put on their make up etc. Will deffinately recommend this hotel and will be returning very soon.

• Stayed November 2013

1,248 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (279)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Banthai for 5 nights before going to Koh Samui. The hotel is in a perfect location. Only a few minutes walk to the hustle and bustle but you would never know when you are inside the hotel- in it's own little paradise. The room was great (we were located in the new wing) and was very modern. Our balcony overlooked the pool. We never heard any noise or music from inside our room which I have read in other reviews. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful and the breakfast buffet was fantastic. I would definitely recommend this hotel for its location and rooms. Will certainly stay again.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Bundaberg, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

This is a lovely place to stay, very clean, lovely staff, close to everything (restaurants, entertainment, chemist, markets etc). Our rooms were cleaned everyday, housekeeping was lovely and very helpful when we were sick. The pool staff were great, very friendly and kind. I was there for my Birthday, housekeeping left a beautiful Happy Birthday on my bed with flowers and a bunny made out of a washer, I received a bowl of fruit, birthday card and a birthday cake and the manager came up to the room to sing Happy Birthday to me. The food was beautiful and fresh. We will go back and stay.

Room Tip: We were on the second floor and our balcony faced the pool. No complaints at all.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

Just came back from 5 nights at Banthai and we stayed in a the deluxe poolside room. Staff were friendly, rooms were clean and internet was free. Hotel is very nice and they have a complimentary shuttle to Phuket Town. Would definitely stay here again! They have no shuttle from the airport however we didn't need one, the 1 hr ride in a minibus cost $6 each per person, so cheap.

The resort is in an excellent location as well!

The breakfast with the resort was too expensive, you might as well go down the road to Coffee Club or other local restaurants!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

Hi just booked out of the banthai never again. Disinterested staff poor service tired rooms dry noisy especially if your room faces the lobby bat. Cockroaches in room . No free internet they charge for everything no free pickup from the airport. Banthai bus costs 100 bhat more than a taxi charges.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

What can I say except Banthai is possibly the best hotel in Phuket (if not the whole of Thailand).Just came home from my fourth stay at the Banthai resort and still can but fault the resort.I celebrated my birthday while in Phuket and the staff at the Banthai all made sure I had a memorable and beautiful day.They started off with leaving a fruit basket and lovely card in the room followed by a gorgeous cocktail made by the amazing Tim at pool bar 2. Later in the afternoon they surprised me with a birthday cake which was so yummy and then when we came inside from the pool the wonderful housekeeping staff had decorated my bed with flower petals saying happy birthday.I have never been treated as well as I am at the Banthai.A special mention to Jack at pool bar 2 for his wonderful help and friendliness and what can I can about Tim that hasn't been said before?? Tim would have to be the most amazing,beautiful person I have ever had the pleasure of meeting.He always makes sure we are happy and everything is ok.He is truly an asset to the Banthai resort and deserves every success in life.I can't thank the gorgeous staff at Banthai enough for making my 4th stay as pleasant as every other stay and I WILL be back for a 5th stay next year...And if you're ever needing transfers/tours see Naike out the front of Banthai.He does an amazing job of looking after his guests and is the most patient man around--waits while you shop/go to the market/touristy things and always has a smile on his face and is so helpful.

• Stayed November 2013
Udaipur
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

BanThai is a good 4* Hotel what I would rate it as.

Few Positives About Hotel.

1) Excellent Location Right on Patong Beach Road. The Beach is Across a Busy street.

2) Good Rooms. (Although I couldn't understand why Wash Basin is placed in the room and not in Bathroom )

3) Good Buffet Breakfast menu every morning

4) Courteous Staff for Services both in the Hotel and in Restaurant

5) Easy Walking Access to Main Patong Beach Areas, shopping Areas, Restaurants, Night Life
Areas

6) They have Got a Band Which plays on most of the evening called Manila Machines. They are awesome. So Your Evening Entertainments are taken care off.

Overall a Good Hotel to stay in. No Complaints.

Room Tip: Choose the Pool Access Rooms
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Been to Banthai Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!