“Good stay at Banthai for 8 days.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Banthai Beach Resort & Spa

Save Saved
You added Banthai Beach Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Banthai Beach Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   94 Thaveewong Road | Patong Beach, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand   |
Ranked #28 of 274 Hotels in Patong
Sydney, Australia
“Good stay at Banthai for 8 days.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

Banthai was an excellent location, right on the beach, a 5 min walk from Bangla Road, good restaurants and pubs and markets.

The hotel room was clean and well maintained. All of the staff were extremely friendly. With 3 pools to choose from there was always an available beach chair.

There were 5 restaurants to choose from in the complex. For some excellent margaritas head to Coyotes Mexican restaurant, which is part of Banthai.

Don't get the buffet breakfast, there are cheaper places with better food (both local and western).

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (304)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is perfectly positioned in Patong close to beach, nightlife and shops (therefore save a fortune in cabs! ). Yet once in your room not a sound to be heard. Fabulous ambience and very chic communal areas. The staff very helpful and friendly. The rooms spacious with all amenities. Very comfy super kingsize bed! Hotel supplies toiletries, dressing gowns, umbrellas, flip flops, beach towels and beach bag. This of course saves loads of baggage weight. Breakfast was superb everything you could think of and more. Pools were beautiful with plenty of sun beds. HOWEVER big problem the pool area was running alive with rats! We had ground floor deluxe room that opened onto the pool and we watched the rats running around the pool edges at night and even saw them running from the water feature during the day. Surely this could cause diseases if peeing in the pool! Please hotel manager you have a wonderful hotel get a grip on pest control to save your reputation.

• Stayed November 2013
Bremerton, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Stayed here during a port call while on deployment. The hotel was beautiful. Rooms were very nice. Probably smaller than what people are accostomed to in the U.S. but I had no issues with it at all. Hotel staff was very friendly. There is a bar downstairs and also a very nice pool with a bar. The location is excellent as it is just one block off the beach. Within very easy walking distance of anything of interest in the Patong Beach area. Lots of good food and scenary close by.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Heidelberg, Victoria, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

I stayed at Banthai in June with my family, I found the Resort lovely & Fantastic to go back to the cool room after a hot day! After a mix up after arrival about our breakfast booking, everything went fine, the staff were lovely & made you feel at home.
I must say I had the best 11 nights sleep I have EVER had, Beds are Awesome!
The only issue I had was the wifi, it was only included in the pool room, so I had to pay for it, I think it should be included in any room for the money you pay!
Would stay again if in Thailand again

Room Tip: If you want free wifi, stay in pool room
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Brisbane, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

Booked at the start of the year with a group of 8.
Requested and paid for poolside twin rooms.
Numerous emails to and fro confirmed this.
Arrived at hotel at 10 pm, after traveling all day.
Initial issues: Only 2 of the 4 rooms had twin beds, and the rooms were not together. So sorry was the excuse. Group not happy.

Room 1108 was ours.
Noted funny smell on entering room.
This smell intensified as the night progressed, smelt like sewerage through the Airconditioning, and made the 2 occupants cough all night, have no sleep and feel unwell. As I am asthmatic it was dreadful.
Conversation held with dirty manager next morning: suggested putting some "chemicals" through the aircon. I was not happy to stay in the room, and we were told we could be moved at 2pm. Not near our friends, of course. Asked to pack our bags by 9am, and vacate the room so it could be treated.

We returned at 12, and the room was untouched. We could not use it, the smell remained, and when we had to stay by the pool and wait till 2pm for our new room. Our Wifi was disconnected, and we were unhappy.
Numerous conversations with staff and the duty manager occurs until we eventually got into our new room at 4:15pm. We could not use our room, or the amenities we had paid for all day.
Room 1108 was never treated, and new occupants in their by 5pm -I hope their lungs managed better than ours!

We spoke of our displeasure with several of the duty mangers, requesting a refund of the first night. Instead we received a fruit basket -thanks.

At the end of our stay we again spoke with another duty manger. She noted that our concerns had been documented, that she had been unhappy with how her staff had managed our issues, and apologized. We again requested a refund of the first night, to no avail. She stated this was not possible and we argued that we could not use the room so should not have to pay. She offered some vouchers for our next visit- really!
As if I would stay at this establishment again.

I have travelled to many places around the world, and never experienced such bad customer service. While the surroundings of the hotel and pool area are lovely, my view, and those of my friends was tainted by the terrible management of our experience. 2 weeks later and I am still treating an awfulI lung infection and am off work, so wonder what nasty bacteria were coming through that Airconditioning unit.

Shame on you Baan Thai.
Shame...

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Swindon, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

The Banthai hotel is located in a good position in Patong. Only a few steps from the hotel and you'll find the hustle and bustle of busy Patong bay with all the usual restaurants, Thai, European and Japanese. The beach is also just across the road so it's location is perfect for entertainment.
The hotel itself is rated as four star but this really is incorrect. It reminds me of a Butlins holiday camp from back in the fifties!! The rooms are definitely not special and the breakfast lacks quality and taste. In fact it's much more than disappointing.

The hotel charge for wifi, I think it's 100 baht for an hour and 400 for 5 hours. All hotels should include wifi as standard in my opinion.

The staff are generally good but most Thai hotels have friendly staff

I can't understand why other reviewers rated this hotel a excellent or even good because it simply isn't that great.

If you want to feel as though you are in a luxurious resort that is also four star I would recommend staying at Centara Villas a few miles away, it's much better quality and you actually feel like you're getting a good experience. The surroundings are beautifu.

Overall I'm very disappointed with the Banthai.

4 star used to be luxury but now I think 5 star will be the only option in future.

• Stayed November 2013
Tamworth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

I and my wife when staying in Patong traditionally stayed out at the Sheraton Grande Laguna, however my wife wanted to mix the recent trip up, so on advice from one of our well travelled friends she booked us into the Banthai beach resort. This resort is hidden just off the main beach in patong along Thaveewong Road. Its a short stroll from Bangla Road, Thai Boxing centre and the Jungceylon shopping centre. There are many traders and stores at a short stroll in either direction, so if your keen for that morning barter its not far to walk off that wonderfull buffett breakfast that is available at the banthai, Mr egg at the banthai is awsome, scrambled, poached or an omlet its no hassle and its delicious. The room we occupied for our stay was well above what we expected ( after all you do get spoilt at the sheraton). It was clean, recently updated, the bed was extremely comfortable and we had a small balcony overlooking one of the cyrstal clear pools. Speaking of the pools i tended to occupy these mid morning to lunch as the swim up bar opens and the fun begins. A few relaxing drinks, some conversation with other holiday makers then off for a stroll and lunch at one of the many small restaurants located near bye. Back to the room which at this stage has been cleaned by house keeping. A little sleep, then back to the pool....ahhh you just have to love swim up bars.. The staff at the banthai are extremely helpfull and often go well above what you would expect. Nothing is a hassle or issue and I found that dealing with most Thai people even if you are frustrated if you remain polite you get better results. ( Not that i had any issues). As the banthai is hidden down a small street, it doesnt seem to pick up any of the hussle and bussle and associated noises that one would expect when your in the middle of Patong. There is a chemist, ATM various restaurants all bascially located on the complex. The seven eleven is a short stroll. My wife and I were so impressed we are heading back and taking our two older children along with several other couples and there children for our next trip. The banthai is a resort which is more than i expected, the service and ammenities are excellent and the location is the overall winner it is indeed as its in the heart of Patong opposite the beach and is indeed the perfect hideaway.

Room Tip: All rooms are being updated so you shouldnt be dissapointed.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Banthai Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!