“New Contemporary Hotel in the Heart of Patong” 5 of 5 stars
Review of ELLA Bed

You added ELLA Bed to your Saves list
ELLA Bed
3.0 of 5 Lodge   |   100/19-20 Soi Permpongpattana, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand   |
Ranked #21 of 155 Specialty Lodging in Patong
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Edmonton, Canada
“New Contemporary Hotel in the Heart of Patong”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

This review is long overdue. Even though I stayed at ELLA Bed back in March, I feel I need to give ELLA the review it deserves. I chanced upon this boutique hotel, while I was out for a walk. I was actually staying at another hotel. I immediately knew I had to stay at ELLA. It was so new, beautiful and reminded me of a New York loft. The management were really nice and gave me a tour of all the rooms, which immediately sealed the deal. I stayed at ELLA for a week, and it was my mini oasis from the craziness of Patong. Overall a great stay at ELLA, and hopefully I'll be back to stay in one of their amazing Deluxe suites.

Rooms
-Beautiful industrial minimalist rooms that seem to be meant for a couple or solo travellers.
-The shower in the smaller rooms are divided by a glass wall and the bathroom is open concept-love it!
-The rain shower and optional handheld shower head were great.
-The big rooms (which I didn't stay in) are AMAZING. They are really beautiful with lots of space and had this amazing tub.
-The first day my air con was not working properly, but management had it fixed by the time I returned from the beach.
-It can be a little noisy if guests come back late at night and are not mindful. Their voices seem to echo through the halls. However, it only happened a couple times.
-Awesome fluffy duvet and great crisp sheets.

Location
-Very central. It's a five minute walk to Bangla Road
-It's literally across from Patong Beach

Amenities

-Great products to use at my disposal: hand soap, shower gel, shampoo, etc. They even smelled great; I've stayed at so many hotels and their products didn't have that yucky "hotel product" smell to them.
-Cable tv... but they didn't have many English channels, a couple English news channels at most. However, I was hardly in my room so it wasn't a problem.
-Good rooftop view, but they need to put something awesome up there like a pool or a rooftop bar
-Great little sitting area on the first floor of rooms.

-Management is very nice and accommodating
-As a solo female traveller I felt safe here. Even though reception is closed overnight, there is always someone there in their bistro.
-Awesome music always playing down below. Music does not seem to travel... maybe it's because of all the concrete.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
LED
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

I stayed at Ella for over a week and really enjoyed my time at this brand new, cool guesthouse. The location is very central and convenient for Patong: under 5 minutes away from the beach and, perhaps, 10 from Jongceylon. The owner and his staff are friendly, welcoming and helpful, and seem to genuinely care about the quality of the service they provide. The common areas are kept clean.

My room was ideal for one person. The layout was very simple, with minimal furniture; fun, different industrial design. There was quite a bit of noise from the restaurant downstairs and the street shops in the evening, but, hey, central Patong is not the best place for the lovers of peace and quiet anyway.

The only aspect of my stay I didn't like was the room cleaning - it wasn't very consistent. Sometimes the cleaning lady would enter without knocking; bed linens weren't changed once during my stay. I also had company in the room: a few tiny little ants and a not so tiny cockroach. Another minor problem was the air-con, which didn't feel cold or powerful enough.

I would still definitely recommend ELLA for a short stay in Patong. The place is very new, and I have no doubt that the caring owners will keep fine-tuning and improving things.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Austin, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

We found this place online when looking for accommodations in Patong and were so incredibly happy with our decision to book! Our first stop on our Thailand "backpacking" trip, our flight did not get into Phuket until midnight. Despite a flight delay, an ELLA staff member was there waiting and made what could have been a terrible cab ride into a perfect first experience (we arranged for a pickup with the hotel ahead of time, not wanting to deal with a cab). Once we arrived at the hotel, we were greeted with ice cold mango juice and shown to our room, our AWESOME room. The hotel itself is brand new and incredibly cool. The AC in our room was a godsend and everything was super clean and very cozy (which is hard to do in a modern place). We had a balcony with an incredible view of neighboring streets, buildings and even a little beach! Speaking of the beach, it's less than a minute away from the hotel, which is the closest we saw while in Patong. Additionally, there are tons of bars and restaurants around, and the staff had some great recommendations. That being said, you'd be fine to eat all your meals at ELLA, because their bar/bistro downstairs is delicious (breakfast is included each day)!! I could go on and on, but all you need to know is that this place is a perfect oasis in the heart of a fun city. You won't be disappointed!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
ELLA2555, Owner at ELLA Bed, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Well what an awesome review! Anyone would think you have shares in ELLA ;)

But seriously, it's great to read such comments from such a satisfied/impressed guest.

We hope to see you again :)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Great location if you are coming here for a Patong experience. Comfy European style rooms probably meant for couples or single occupancy as the baths don't have any separation.

Great bar and bistro at the ground floor with probably the best breakfasts in patong. And for all you drinkers their happy hours has unlimited drinks from a choice of 10 cocktails for 500B.

What it lacks- probably a small jacuzzi or a plunge pool on their rooftop area. As the morning view of the beach from the rooftop is pretty neat.

Clean. Simple. Hassle free. Definitely recommended.

@Peter - sorry if we were too noisy and you got complains from other guests. Thank you for a wonderful stay. Keep them Jager-bombs ready for the next trip.

• Stayed March 2013
ELLA2555, Owner at ELLA Bed, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Hello!

Excuse the late reply. I thought I had responded to your review already.
Glad you liked ELLA Bed, and made use of the Unlimited cocktail orders promotion.
Plans for a Jacuzzi or something along those lines for the roof top are in the works!

Never mind about the noise - it happens.

look forward to seeing you and your group at ELLA Bed again.
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I found this hotel purely by accident because it's still very young, about 2 months I think. Probably 3 months now, because I ended up staying here almost the whole of my 3 weeks in Phuket!

What are the main reasons?

1. It made me feel great.

It's a really stylish new hotel with a great bistro and bar below. It's got a sort of New York Loft Style throughout the building so I felt like I was in Manhattan in the middle of Patong Beach...
Rooms have great beds with beautiful soft white linen...Slept like a baby. Wifi is free and works beautifully which is not common in Patong. Really, a place like this in London or New York you'd pay at least 3 times as much so it was great value.

2. Food is great.

They have a fusion menu in the bistro. Authentic Thai dishes, and a range of internal classics. With great options for their all day breakfast. The chef is great. My favourites were the blueberry pancakes, the filled omelette, the khao tom with fish (I basically ended up eating here every day of my stay)!

3. Drinks are great.
Great coffees, proper lattes during the day...great cocktails in the evening...been to more expensive places near Kata Beach...Ella's cocktails are better. Thanks to the super precise bartender.

4. Great staff. Personable hands-on owners.

The rare thing about Ella is that even though it's cool and funky and stylish, it's also a really warm place with very nice people and a real family vibe. I felt like I was with friends here after a day or two. The owners are around a lot and ultra helpful just like the staff. They have great live music evenings with great singers so that the vibe is really cool. At all other times they have one of the best music selections I've ever come across.

If they can keep the great team together both the bar and the hotel will be packed in 2013 and I'll have to try to twist the owner's arm to get a room when I come back.

I am trying to find a way of making this review not sound overpositive...I guess I could say they don't have a gym. That's my minus. But I guess I am struggling to find fault because I felt so good there. And that's what it's all about, right?

Room Tip: The rooms to the front get some of the music from the bar below up until around midnight...