We had a deluxe sea view room. Check in was pleasant with their signature tea in the big lobby. Everyone in the resort were friendly and eager to help. Room was big and clean with a nice balcony that has city view and a distant sea view. King size super comfy bed. Big bathroom. No bathtub but I prefer that as I don't like shower over bathtub.The best part was the GORGEOUS POOL with a pool bar (you get to enjoy your drink while sitting on stools inside the pool). We didn't order anything but they weren't bothered by us sitting there as there were no other guests at that time. About 15 minutes walk to Jungceylon (but there's a steep hill down the hotel which makes walking less pleasant).
There were some minor issues:
1. The fridge turned off when we left the room, not sure if it was just the one in our room or electricity for the fridge shuts off when we take out the key from the power supply slot. Pretty disappointing as we were looking forward to a nice cold drink after a long day out.
2. Water takes AGES to get hot. You would have to turn it on for at least 10 minutes to get decent hot water. However that would be a waste of water and we didn't really want to do that. We basically had to shower in lukewarm water.
3. The hotel is situated on a hill so there is a steep slope up. If you ride a bike it's a little dangerous depending on how experienced you are. Walking is really tiring. Not that much of a problem if you have car transport. I wish the hotel can provide some kind of escalator/lift/transport to the bottom of the hill.
However considering how affordable it was I would still give it 5 stars! Highly recommend!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Senses Resort offers a unique ambiance of relaxation, with supremely comfortable accommodation creating a haven of tranquility and wellbeing. With stunning views over the city and azure-blue Andaman Sea beyond, the welcoming resort is an ideal respite for romantic couples and families to unwind and be pampered, yet is only a short distance from the gorgeous tropical beach and colourful streets that Patong is famous for. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Agoda and Asiatravel.com Holdings so you can book your The Senses Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Senses Resort Patong, Phuket