“Excellent 3 star hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Phuket Patong Beach Central

You added Holiday Inn Express Phuket Patong Beach Central to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Phuket Patong Beach Central
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8 Hatpatong Road, Patong Beach, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #19 of 278 Hotels in Patong
Muscat
“Excellent 3 star hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Booked directly online for a 4 night stay. Check-in was excellent, smooth with no issues and within 5 minutes we were at our room. The tastefully designed room was clean and inviting.

The location of the hotel will please most people. It's not bang in the middle of all the commotion so you don't have to worry about noise. It's a 5-10 minute walk away from Bangla road and Jungceylon mall.

The free wifi coverage was excellent throughout the hotel. Breakfast was not spectacular but adequate. There aren't too many lounge chairs by the pool and were all usually taken. The hotel was not completely full during our stay and I suspect some things may become an issue when it's full. There is a laundry room where you can do your own laundry. Tokens for the washer and dryer can be purchased at the reception desk.

Overall I enjoyed the stay and the room served our purpose well. We were not looking for hotel dining or staying in during the day. For us it was a place to come back to for a good night's sleep and this was a lot more than that.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
DominicEgger, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Phuket Patong Beach Central, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear "terry2782"

Thank you for taking time to write a great review for our Holiday Inn Express Phuket Patong Beach Central.

We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate you are highlighting our amazing location with walking distance to everything but away from the noise and our range of facilities including a clean room and self service laundry room.

We look forward to welcome you back to the Holiday Inn Express Phuket Patong Beach Central and stay smart with us for your next visit.

Dominic

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Arugam Bay, Sri Lanka
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Guest from October 14th-18th, stayed in Room 2302, Building 2, Priority Club Memebr

The Good:
Brand new, nice rooms, great bed, excellent breakfast buffet, internet speed excellent, pool really nice, no crowds, staff reasonable friendly ( better than most Thai people now who appear to be "touristed" out ), great location, in between the beach road and the main tourist strip so no traffic noise.

The not so good:
The hotel, brand new has all tile floors in and out of the rooms. The noise carries all the way through the hotel and I am sure this will become a major issue for the hotel. All I can say is thank goodness the hotel wasn't full. Every door that closes you can hear it from your room. Every screaming child in the corridors you can hear it from your room. Late night drunk guests coming home and continuing the party in their room, you can hear it from your room.

Would I stay again:
Probably yes, but only in off-season, the noise would be incredible when hotel is full.

I hope this helps.

Room Tip: Make sure you request a room overlooking the pool, i.e.; away from the front street
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
DominicEgger, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Phuket Patong Beach Central, responded to this review, October 19, 2013
Dear “R0bdub”

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Holiday Inn Express Phuket Patong Beach Central. We are thrilled that you had a great stay with us. It is unfortunate that you did experience the internal noise and I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced. However I am happy that you like our nice room, great bed, excellent breakfast buffet, internet speed excellent, swimming pool and friendly staffs.

Please feel free to keep me as a point of contact when you are planning your next visit to Holiday inn Express Phuket Patong Beach Central as I would be more than happy to help you with your arrangements.

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights in October 2013.Great hotel to stay with, breakfast was good. Many of the attractions were within walking distance. The staff at holiday inn express were also very friendly.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear “Alf M”

Thank you very much for your fantastic feedback and glad you enjoyed your trip to Patong and your stay at our Holiday Inn Express Phuket Patong Beach Central.

Shanghai, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

CHECK IN - no rewards for loyalty program.
Check was fast and easy enough but they refused to give me priority club points on check in because I booked through hotels.com. This may be their policy, but I never saw this before and they should state this clearly both on their website and on hotels.com. They do not. They showed me the T&C wording later and it wasn't very clear in that either. So this definitely needs improvement. Anyway it should be just like an airline... I am staying in the hotel, so I should get the reward points regardless of what I pay or who pays or whatever. That's the standard people will expect so regardless of your policy you should provide good service. They did not do that and they said I would get all the rewards of being a member... well what is that? nothing except the points as far as I could tell. I got nothing special.

TOO NOISY
I paid for two rooms and had specifically requested they be right next to each other so I could be with my brother whom I paid for his flights and hotels to travel with me. They first put us in building 5 and the rooms were not next to each other but in the same building on the same floor. OK, good enough. But my room was next to the party room of some Indian group that was playing Bollywood music and shouting in their room and moving furniture around all night long. I put up with it until midnight but we were diving and needed to wake up at 6am so I complained to the front desk at midnight. The hotel sent staff to the room but the guests didn't quiet down. The hotel went back 10 min later and again the guests did not quite down. I complained again at 1am.. but no change. The Indians kept partying in their room until 3:30am... and then they started again at 5:30am... impossible situation. I requested a room change and I got a new room that night at 8pm but it was in a different building from my brother and I was told they could not put us in the same building/floor anywhere in the hotel. Terrible way to deal with this.

POOL
Small, insanely cold, and very dirty. Visibility in the pool was only 2 meters! wow. that's bad. I understand it's an outdoor pool and that weather affects it but you need a better filtering/cleaning system on this because other hotels are not this bad.

BREAKFAST
Terrible food. And almost identical every morning. We stayed a week here and it was torture.

NO FRILLS
There is nothing here at this hotel for you to enjoy. You can't lounge by the pool and order food/drinks... even if the weather had been good.. you need to go to the front desk and just order a coke or water or juice... it's not like most hotels in Phuket. SO when you think about saving money, realize that there is a steep trade off which means you are really staying in a motel with no service and no frills... so yes, if you want to save money then this is accomplished but you will not be able to relax and enjoy a nice vacation by being in this hotel.

ROOM
Rooms are OK. Nothing special, but nice enough since the hotel is only about a year old.

GENERAL MANAGER
We met the GM named Dominic. A wholly likeable guy who was kind enough to explain the T&C and apologize for the bad experience, etc... and offered to give me some reward points also though not the full credit. That was nice of him. I enjoyed talking with him, but in the end... my experience at the hotel didn't change for this. Really, it was a bad experience. I would never stay again... I would have been much happier paying more money for a real hotel with real service.

You make your own choice about what you value on your holiday - but I hope this helps you be aware of what you give up by saving money staying here. Safe travels to all!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
DominicEgger, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Phuket Patong Beach Central, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear “blandmc”

Holiday Inn Express stands for great value for money in a fantastic location. Holiday Inn Express is not a full service resort hotel and we do not advertise ourselves as such either. In all the guest reviews responses in the TripAdvisor forum we are very clear and honest what we offer and what we do not provide. Holiday Inn Express is for the Smart adventures and independent traveler.

As explained in our chat the other morning in the lobby, our loyalty Program IHG Rewards Club is giving points when booked through our channels such as IHG, Holiday Inn Express or the IHG Rewards Club website. We offer a best price guarantee for the bookings on our websites. For qualifying rates our loyal members are getting recognized with the points to redeem free accommodation. Qualifying rates are excluding third party online travel agents, tour groups, industry rates all listed on the IHG Rewards Club Terms and Conditions.

For the concept of our hotel, we offer great value for money in our select service hotel and this across the road to the beach in less than two minutes, five minutes around the corner is a multitude of Thai and international restaurants, Bangla road 10 minutes away with all the entertainment options and about 15 minutes away is the JungCeylon shopping center. We do not have a restaurant, room-service, pool bar or stocked minibar. We have the vending & ice machine and offer drinks and snacks at the bar in the lobby with very reasonable pricing. We have three menus from different external outlets available to order food to the lobby if you would like to eat in the hotel.

Our Express Breakfast Bar is included in the room price same as the WiFi. Our selection includes four hot dishes such as daily changing rice soup, fried rice - , an egg dish - and a sausage dish. On the cold selection we have the three cereals’, 3 cut fruits, 2 whole fruits, salad bar, 2 different yoghurts, bakery selection with danish’s, muffins and croissants and white & whole meal toast. 3 juices and coffee, tea, chocolate and Mocca as hot drinks. A lot of guest like as the “Grab & Go” concept when they go on tours to take the breakfast conveniently with them when they board the tour buses.

We do not have bell boys or concierge service to deliver the luggage to the rooms but we have luggage trolleys same as at the airport available for your convenience.

Same we do not have s SPA and Massage shop in the hotel but available on both sides of the hotel. To the left is the Holiday Massage besides the Dive center which get’s great remarks from our guests on TripAdvisor.

If you look for the full service resort experience - Holiday Inn Express is not the right choice. If you look to stay in a great location where you can save money with us and spend elsewhere during your trip in Patong - that’s what we are.

I understand that you are looking for different service levels and apologies that the offers we made to you have not satisfied you. I enjoyed talking with you about your past trips to Thailand and your diving experiences which I will look forward to take up again in the near future.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Great hotel to stay in which is within walking distance to many of the attractions. The hotel is modern and new. The lady at the 'tourist' counter is simply amazing - very helpful. Breakfast was good too.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear “SiABan”

Appreciate your great comments for our Holiday Inn Express Phuket Patong Beach Central hotel for great value for money and convenient location. It is great that we are located close to everything but far enough from the noise of Patong. I will pass on your comments to Khun Bee at the Holiday Tour Desk.

We look forward to welcome you again in the near future.

Stay Smart with us

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I stayed here for 2 weeks in September 2013. It was very comfortable and the staff were friendly. The free Wifi in the room was great. The only fault I have is that a few messages left for me at reception did not get through to me. On balance though I was very happy. I tried to book another stay in October 2013 but it was full! There was no actual room service but plenty of places to eat nearby.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Dear “Ian Y”

Thank you for your stay and your nice comments about the friendly team. Glad you enjoyed a comfortable stay at our Holiday Inn Express Phuket Patong Beach Central and enjoyed the good WiFi connection.

I will work through with the team what happened with the messages that they have not been passed on and will look into the process. Apologies for the missed occurrences.

For you next visit please drop me a line and whilst we like to be fully booked we love to have our return guests as well.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

New builiding with balcony. Modern swimming pool that looks like a massive bowl. They have simple free breakfast for the guest but self serivce. Short walking distance to the beach bar street. Excellent Spa and Massage right next to the hotel (to the right when walking out of the hotel entrance).

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear “Amy L”

We are glad that we could make an impression on you with our Hotel and the great location. One of our hallmarks is the great location and being just over the road to the beach, there are multiple Thai Seafood restaurants and international restaurants around the corner which is making the stay a very interesting food experience. The Bangla Entertainment road is close enough to walk but far enough away not to have the noise. Many guests come as well for the shopping experience and Jungceylon shopping center has a great choice available and it is all in walking distance.

Please let us know when you are making your way back to Patong.

Dominic

Been to Holiday Inn Express Phuket Patong Beach Central? Share your experiences!