“Nice and not too Expensive” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Phuket Patong Beach Central

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Phuket Patong Beach Central to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Phuket Patong Beach Central
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8 Hatpatong Patong Beach, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #16 of 261 hotels in Patong
mumbai
“Nice and not too Expensive”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for two days. The hotel was new, hence very clean and nice. The swimming pool was very neat too. The hotel staff is friendly and helpful. The buffet breakfast is ok and nothing to look forward to. The hotel was priced well as compared to the other hotels around. It is located well.

Room Tip: Not a resort but just a simple hotel.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
DominicEgger, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Phuket Patong Beach Central, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
Dear “kusum782”

Appreciate you taking time to write a review for our Holiday Inn Express Phuket Patong Beach Central and glad you enjoyed our value for money offered in a great location. I will share your positive comments with my team in the next July meeting where we review all the comments.

425 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

The hotel is new and this has a number of advantages but also areas where it can improve...

On the positive side:
* Decently sized rooms but not large, most have a small balcony with a chair & table
* Nice pool
* Offers free towels which you can take to the beach as well
* Walking distance to the sea side
* Great breakfast
* Nice location not far from the 'action' (everything is within walking distance) but far enough to be quiet at night

On the things that need improvement:
* The hotel is a complex of many buildings not connected with covered walkways thus if it rains (and it does often) you get really wet trying to get in or out of your building and to the lobby.
* Not the hotel's fault but there is a major construction project very near the hotel so some of the buildings (like No 3) have a lot of NOISE and DUST.
* Power outages happening out of the blue and lasting a few hours, not something anyone likes!
* Service can be improved, when asking for a shower towel you need it 'soon' not a few hours later...
* When you are arrange with the internal transfer service to get a taxi at 5 you expect it near that time, not half an hour later because they forgot to inform the driver.

Overall you will either love or hate Patong, it is a place of many things happening but generally reminded me a lot of the industrial level tourism resorts of South Europe.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms facing the road and at least Building No 3 as there is a lot of construction work ha...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
DominicEgger, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Phuket Patong Beach Central, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear “Kostas_V”

Thank you for tacking time to review our Holiday Inn Express Phuket Patong Beach Central.

We appreciate your positive comments regarding location with being close to everything but far enough away from the noise, our guest rooms design which are all identical and all have balconies.

However, I would like to offer a sincere apology on our teams delay with the towel delivery and will address this with our housekeeping team to ensure request are completed promptly. Whilst I do understand the power failures are an inconvenience, we have no control over it and during the period from June to August we experience infrequent power outages with the increased rain patches where our generator is producing emergency power supply to all buildings. The Building in front of us is in the final stages and we will be all happy when it is complete, nice Portuguese style architecture fitting into the history of Phuket.

I will speak with the operator of the transfer & tour desk and would like apologies to you for their mishaps of the missed booking.

Please feel free to keep me as a point of contact when you are planning your next visit to our hotel as I would be more than happy to help you with your arrangements.

Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

The hotel is fairly new, the rooms are really nice, comfy bed, nice shower, the staff were very nice, friendly, courteous and helpful. The breakfast is a small buffet but is good, We were disappointed that the restaurant isn't opened for lunch or dinner even just for small meals like hamburgers chips, as at night we were tired and didn't what to go out for dinner, but we could not get any food unless you go walking down the street. The Hotel is within walking distance to all the main spots in patong. The swimming pool is nice but not very deep. Would stay again.

Room Tip: We had a pool view on the second floor which was really nice.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
DominicEgger, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Phuket Patong Beach Central, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear “holidayPrincess”

Thank you for taking time to review our property and acknowledging our great location in Patong, mentioning our relaxing rooms and my friendly team. I will share your comment with the team in our next meeting.

With our great location we have Mam Café just around the corner to eat something international or Thai from there menu and further around the corner there is just one restaurant after the other with Indian, Middle Eastern, Russian, Irish or Thai selection.

We look forward to welcome you again in the near future.

Stay Smart with us again!

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Stayed here for 5 nights in May 2013. Travelling with my wife so looking for a comfortable, clean hotel that has the usual amenities, as well as close enough to the main attractions in Patong and easily accesible.

Holiday Inn Express is located a little bit away from the nightlife of the infamous Bangla Road. However it is still walking distance - over the 4 days we stayed in Patong, we went to Bangla Road or further almost every day, and it is only a 5 minute stroll. This is a good distance that you are away from the noise and traffic, however still close enough that you can get to everything without needing a tuk tuk.

The resort itself is fantastic for the price. We stayed in a standard room, on the 4th floor overlooking the pool. Room is very clean and has it's own balcony overlooking the pool, and the mountains that surround Patong. Also handy for drying clothes out.

The bathroom is modern, with a large shower. Only a single sink (no his and hers), but plenty of ledge space for cosmetics. One thing to keep in mind is that the door to the shower, is also the door to the bathroom itself - it swings completely out to close the bathroom from the rest of the room.

Bed was a kingsize and very comfortable. The AC is a must in a climate like Thailand's (especially in monsoon season, when we went) and there were no complaints with how it ran. There is a large flatscreen tv, his and her robes and slippers, and a safe for valuables.

There is no restaurant at this Holiday Inn, however this is not a concern at all, as just a few minutes walk will bring you to Ratuthit Songroipi Road, which had plenty of restaurants and cafes to eat at. There is a buffet breakfast on site, which isn't expansive, however does have several choices, including cereals, several breads, eggs, sausages, baked beans as well as fresh fruits and juices.

There is a 24 hr gym on site which has a couple of treadmills, a cycle and some free weights. There is the main pool and a kiddie pool adjacent. There is also a reading room, which is an airconditioned room for relaxing.

Front desk service is very helpful; whether checking in late at night, asking for directions or recommendations for dinner options. When I asked about seeing a show on Bangla Road and how to go about booking it, one of the hotel staff actually walked me all the way down to Bangla Road! That's top service.

Overall, would definitely stay here again if travelling with my wife - it is more suited towards couples and families, as it is in a quieter part of town.

Room Tip: Choose a room overlooking the pool - the views from the outside of the hotel buildings is nothing sp...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
DominicEgger, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Phuket Patong Beach Central, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Dear “Shats86”

Wow, thank you very much for taking the time to write such an extensive and great review for our Holiday Inn Express Phuket Patong Beach Central. I am glad you and your wife enjoyed our Holiday Inn Express Brand and made the most out of our facilities and our great location in Patong.

Plenty of restaurants of all choices and tastes very close by and as you highlight close to everything but far enough from the noise. You mentioned the great value for money which is one of the key items for our hotel. We do not offer all the services such a restaurant for dinner, luggage delivery to the room but all those savings are translating into a fair price and very good value for money just across the beach.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you make another trip to Thailand.

Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

The Holiday Inn Express Phuket Patong Beach Central is new and clean. The lobby is huge, bright and airy. The Hotel's check-in Staff, Sontaya, was very courteous. When we arrived at 10am, he mentioned that the actual check-in time is 3pm, but he took his initiative to help us check whether the previous occupant had left and the room was cleaned. Indeed it was vacant then and we were given the much needed early check-in.

I was allocated a room on the 4th floor (highest floor) facing the swimming pool. When I entered the room, I found it well-appointed. Everything in it was new, clean, bright, and cosy. I love my balcony which overlooked the swimming pool!

The amenities in my room included a TV with multiple cable channels, a safe deposit box, a large shower but no bathtub, free WiFi, a nice couch, a round dining table, a nice balcony with a small rattan table, a rattan arm chair, and a clothes hanging bar which we found it very useful in hanging our soiled clothes and wet swim wear.

There are 2 swimming pools here, one for adults and the other for kids. The jacuzzi is situated with the kids' pool. The breakfast room was huge, new, clean, and bright. We loved the food and beverages there! The Hotel has a very large and cosy air-conditioned reading room. There is a huge TV inside. My family and I went there late one night and we tuned up the TV volume, tuned down the lights, and it was like watching a show in a mini theatre! There is also a very small air-conditioned gym consisting of 2 threadmills, and 2 rows of dumbbells.

The location of the Hotel is at the north end of Patong Beach. It takes about 1 minute by foot from the Hotel to the beach, about 10-15 minutes by foot from the Hotel to the popular Soi Bangla nightspot, and about 15-20 minutes by foot from the Hotel to the beautiful Jungceylon shopping mall, where we stocked up our soft drinks and chips from the Big C Extra supermarket there. There are coffee shops near to the beach but these tended to be more expensive and the waiters there tended to tout aggressively for our business. By walking perpendicularly away from the beach, there are many coffee shops along Ratuthit Songroipi which offered cheaper food.

I must mention Hotel Staff Sontaya again. When I accidentally cut my finger, I went to the counter to ask for a plaster. Sontaya went into a back room and emerged with 2 plasters, and out of his initiative, he also handed me a gauze and he told me "Sodium Chloride". I was very impressed!

Upon my last day, as I was walking towards my taxi, a Hotel Staff came up to me, smiled, and addressed me by "Mr (surname)". I was so impressed! He carried on to thank me for my loyalty. I guessed that it was either because I had stayed for 4 nights and/or I am a member of Holiday Inn IHG® Rewards Club Member.

I love this Hotel very much! In short, this is a hotel that is new, clean, comfortable, bright, cosy, has courteous staff, and definitely value for money.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear “Actuarial_Math”

Thank you for taking the time to write such an extensive and great review for our Holiday Inn Express Phuket Patong Beach Central. I am glad you enjoyed our Holiday Inn Express Brand and made the most out of our facilities.

Holiday Inn Express is a young Brand for South East Asia and we will have further growth with the next property opening in Singapore on the 22nd July. Thank you very much to attach some great picture of the ambiance of our hotel. The pool shot is absolutely stunning.

Thank you for recognizing Khun Sontaya as an excellent team member. I will pass on your comment in our Team meeting and nominate him for his service excellence.

Chisinau, Moldova
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

help-your-self breakfast- simple but good enough. 15 min. walk to the Patong central. dont relay on Morning Call (maybe staff dont clear understand Emglish) I ordered 2 times morning calls and they never called- I missed Phuket Maraphon. And dont stay in building Nu.1- its facing busy road- too noisy (buildings 3-4-5 are the best)

Room Tip: Not in Building 1- its facing busy road- too noisy
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
DominicEgger, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Phuket Patong Beach Central, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
Dear “sveta s”

Thank you for your feedback and I would like to apologies that the wake-up call has not been executed. To minimize any language barriers with our international guest and our local team we have in all of our guest rooms radio alarm clocks with iPod docking stations and guest room telephones with automated wake-up call function for ease of use but never the less there is no excuses that the team has not followed through.

Please feel free to keep me as a point of contact when you are planning your next visit to Holiday Inn Express Phuket Patong Beach Central as I would be more than happy to help you with your arrangements.

Pattaya, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

The Express brand is designed - according to the GM of the hotel who, along with the rest of his staff, was very friendly - for people who do not require a full resort. The restaurant only serves breakfast and offers a take-away option for people who need to eat on the move and the hotel is centrally located for those who want to get right into the action. It is maybe a two-minute walk to Patong Beach. The rooms are fantastic and extremely comfortable.

Room Tip: If you want to sit out on the balcony, don't choose a ground floor room. For reasons best known...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear “Chindit76”

Thank you for your great comments and it was a pleasure to meet you.

The Holiday Inn Express brand is for the adventures and independent traveler who likes a great room but do not wonna stay in the hotel the whole day. To relax in our hotel after a busy day we have the balcony in every room except the ground floor which has a terrace and our pool to refresh before going out again.

To start the day we serve the Express breakfast bar with the Grab & Go concept. If you go on a tour early in the morning you can take the take away option to have it on the tour bus. During the day we have the lobby bar for a drink and snack and the beverage vending and ice machine available for our guests.

Many guests do not want to eat in a hotel restaurant anymore. As we have such a great location just 2 minutes from the beach and 5 minutes from multiple restaurants you do not have to go far to find something for everyone’s taste.

We look forward to have back with us on your future visits

Dominic

Been to Holiday Inn Express Phuket Patong Beach Central? Share your experiences!