“Value for money in a prime location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Phuket Patong Beach Central

You added Holiday Inn Express Phuket Patong Beach Central to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Phuket Patong Beach Central
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8 Hatpatong Road, Patong Beach, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #21 of 285 Hotels in Patong
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Perth, Australia
“Value for money in a prime location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 10 days in mid January and it felt like my home away from home. The staff were always so welcoming and happy to help in any way they could. The complimentary breakfast was a great way to start the day, I loved the fresh fruit and bakery goods on offer.

The brand new hotel itself is well thought out in it's design features, with many electrical outlets that today's hi tech travelers will love; not only for the number but for the fact that most of them are also universal outlets - no adapters needed!

The beach is a mere 100m away on Thaweewong Road, where you will also find lots of great restaurants and markets as well as road side food hawkers (try a banana pancake!). It is also a 5 - 10 minute walk to the shops of Jungceylon or the madness that is Soi Bangla at night time.

The one let down, for me personally, being a wheelchair traveller, is that currently, there is no access to the amazingly beautiful pool deck. I did bring this to the attention of the hotel and was very happy that they arranged the use of another pool during my stay, which was very much appreciated, and, they assure me, their engineers are looking into how to making their pool accessible as it was an unintentional oversight.

Because of this, and the rest of their amazing accessible features I am still happy to give this review a full 5 stars as I believe that this hotel really sets the standard for the Holiday Inn Express Brand.

I would happily stay here again if holidaying in Patong, Phuket!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
DominicEgger, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Phuket Patong Beach Central, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear Aly

Thank you very much again for your visit and as well your help with reviewing the soon to be finished wheelchair accessible rooms. Your constructive feedback enabled us to ensure the requirements and access is provided in an easy way for those particular room types, additional to what we have already put in place. All items we have discussed are now in the works to be installed

Appreciate your extensive and lovely review of our hotel facilities. You are the first to mention the fix installed international power adaptors at the night table and the work desk. Very convenient, isn’t it. Glad you liked our location and surrounds within Patong and we will hopefully see you again soon at the hotel and for another Banana Pancake…

Dominic

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

The location is very good, just beside the Beach, and walking distance to Bangla road. It's a brand new hotel, so, all the building and rooms are nice. In my case, i went there for the new years Eve for 3 nights, and compare the price of all hotels in Patong, it's was the best Quality/Price choice, because other hotels was fully book or overpriced for the new years eve... But be aware about "Express" Concept, because it's mean simple, just one kind of room, no restaurant and less services... They only have breakfast and it's basic. The Front Desk Staff was helpful. I just have 3 complains and the hotel should improve these points to be a good hotel. First, no Bell Boy, so you need to take a buggy and bring all your thing by yourself. You need to pass by a little door, not enough large to pass with the buggy... They must fix this or create a ramp just beside the stair. Also when you check-out, if you have more than one suitcase, you need to go to the lobby to bring the buggy... My opinion is, why not have at least one bell boy, it's not cost a lot for the hotel, ... Second point, at the Gym, no towels, so you need to bring your towels from your rooms. It's another thing the hotel can put in place and cost nothing... Last point is the house keeping. I know it's a new hotel and Staff will probably improve, but a minimum is required.. They clean very fast and forgot somes little thing. When we arrived, we found something from the last guest... Also, my wife was in the shower, and they came and clean the room and the bathroom when she was in the shower, she asked them to go out and wait but they still there and continue... House Keeping must improve!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Pierre

Thank you for your stay over the New Year and leaving us with your feedback. We are pleased you liked the great location and price point of the hotel.

We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. The concept of our Hotel is we offer all you need and nothing you don’t. We offer free WiFi and the free breakfast bar with 4 hot dishes, 3 whole and 3 cut fruits, 2 yoghurts, 3 cereals and a variety of breads and toasts. For lunch and dinner, we do not have a restaurant at the hotel except the snacks and meals we sell at the lobby bar. On both sides of the road we have an amazing selection of restaurants at the door step. Minibar fridges are there for your convenience to be filled with what you like with choice of vending room, lobby bar r from the shops just outside of the hotel. This is why our price point is not as high as some other hotels in the same location. We provide the luggage trollies for ease of check-in and we are considering building another ramp down the stairs. For the gym we have put the towels and laundry basket in this month and have additionally provided a paper-towel dispenser to clean the fitness machines after use.
With the service levels, I have addressed your concerns with my house keeping team to ensure that we respect the guest privacy, cleanliness standards and including “lost&found” procedure.

Best regards,
U.K
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

we were concerned looking at all places thus why we booked 3 rooms for 2 days only, once we arrived and had seen this resort where it was, the pool, the rooms we ran back to book the 3 rooms another 8 nights.
it is so close to everything it is for family, close to patong beach, very clean resort staff are very friendly will help you heaps, breaky is fine.

if your looking for a very clean place close to all holiday inn express is all you need

we had 3 rooms in for jan this is a must stop place is great

Danny Queensland

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Danny and family

Thank you very much for your great review of our hotel and the Holiday Inn Express team. We all enjoyed having you and your family at the hotel. I hope you are doing well and the current weather situation in Queensland is getting back into control and looking forward to see you again in the near future.

Best regards
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I'll start by saying that this is a beautifully built, modern hotel at the north end of Patong beach Phuket. The design of the hotel is very refreshing and airy, and the pool and dining area are very comfortable and appealing to the eye. The rooms are average sized, but comfortable and well designed. The GM is a very friendly fellow who kindly responded to a problem we had after the first night at Holiday Inn Express Phuket. The Wifi is fast and reliable - major plus. There is no in-room mini-bar or decent food outside of the daily breakfast (frozen microwave dinners are available for purchase outside of breakfast).

There were primarily two problems throughout our stay though: we were unable to get much rest due to noise and the staff are still fairly untrained and need development and coaching (the latter will surely improve with time). Here's why:

I was visiting Phuket on a work trip with a business colleague and our objective was to get plenty of work done at the hotel property. I have to say that we weren't able to due to our inability to get good sleep at the hotel. The first morning we awoke to a BOOMING sound system, a concert directly across the small street, pointing straight at the hotel and specifically our room. The second morning we were awoken by hotel maids barging into the room (in their defense the "do not disturb" signs fall off the door handles horribly often). The third morning we were awoken by a false fire alarm that went off for maybe a half hour, all the guests were evacuated and then told to return to their rooms. The fourth morning we were awoken by a bunch of rowdy Russians in the hallways, the walls being possibly very thin, then there was another false fire alarm. So, every single night of my stay at the Holiday Inn Phuket I was rudely awakened :(

The other issue was the professionalism of the staff. During our stay I called down to reception/guest relations four times, each time with a different request or concern. All four times the person on the other side of the phone said they would address the request/concern and call me back. They called back zero times, which is just not right for a hotel this nice. The last time involved ordering a taxi to the airport, which just never got done and so it was stressful going down to the lobby and re-asking them to call me a cab, worrying that I might miss my flight.

I'm sure with the great GM they have there and the generally smart Thais they have in the hospitality industry there, they'll get these staff issues worked out (the hotel had only been open three weeks at the time of my stay). The thin walls/noise issues though, I don't know if can ever be mitigated. I guess my only advice here is to ask for a room well away from the main road and perhaps on a lower floor despite the nicer views from the upper floors, to try to insulate against some of the noise.

In all this was a nice place, but I wouldn't stay there again for business purposes, but perhaps if I were on a rowdy holiday of my own.

Room Tip: Tell them you want a quiet room, away from noisy areas of the hotel since the walls are very thin.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear hawksblue

I certainly appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. It is our goal to consistently ensure our facilities and services are efficient and on-brand. We strive to provide friendly service, comfortable and modern accommodation to all of our guests. I apologize for the inconvenience with the external noise impact you experienced during your stay with loud music from the public event at the beach for children’s day. We take safety very seriously and unfortunately we had a “Pull Alarm Station” triggered which is causing an immediate evacuation.

For the Do Not Disturb signs we are just trialing a different version which is heavier and should not get blown away from the doors anymore. Your feedback is used to further improve the level of our service.

With our brand we have removed the Minibar items and provide a fridge in each guest room for the guest own selection of items and provide two still waters per room. We have beverages and snack’s at the bar and at the vending machine for your convenience. A lot of our guests preferring to have the space in the fridge for their own purchases instead the traditional stocked minibar leaving no space for the items you buy during the day.

Thank you once again for staying with us, and we hope to have an opportunity to welcome you again.

Kuala Lumpur
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Me and my son Madhav checked in on the opening day of the hotel. That was a really nice feeling to be the first guest in your room. It was Madhav's year end holiday and we enjoyed or stay for 4 nights. Lovely hotel, warm staff and excellent house keeping. very near to the beach, peaceful, nice pool, nice Gym and an OK breakfast. This is probably the best Holiday Inn express that I have stayed. Well Done!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
DominicEgger, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Phuket Patong Beach Central, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear NarayananManoj

A great way to finish the year end to spend some quality time with your son in Phuket .

I am pleased to hear you have been one of our first guests and enjoyed your stay with us at the brand new Holiday Inn Express Phuket Patong Beach Central. We pride ourselves on our great location of the hotel and the great work our team does to ensure our guests have an enjoyable stay.

Have a great 2013 and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Stay smart with us!
Sincere regards
Redwood City, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

We were three couples and all of us were very satisfied with the hotel. It is new, modern, airy, has super-nice rooms with balcony, a large infinity pool, exercise room, a large breakfast area with decent choices, etc. The service was also good and polite.
Hotel is 2 minutes walking distance from the beach and 10 minutes from the night life on Bangla Str.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Travelbliss

We are glad to hear that you and your friends loved our design of the hotel, location and got to take advantage of our proximity to the beach and entertainment road during your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Stay smart with us!

Sincere regards
SINGAPORE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

As this hotel was so new, we didn't know what to expect from our stay as there wasn't that many reviews or photos about it yet. In the end, it was better than what we had expected. Check-in was fast and efficient. We managed to check into our room even though we reached the hotel at 10+am. The four-storey hotel has a resort feel. Everything was brand new and the room was really modern, roomy and the bed so comfortable. The shower area was big and the air-con was the best so far especially after coming back to our room from the beach. Every room comes with your own balcony and the room even has an iphone/ipod dock with speaker for us to charge our iphone or play music (only for iphone 4S or 4 or older model). The free wifi worked well in our room. There are also two PCs at the lobby for you to surf the net for free. The swimming pool was nice and there's also a gym room, laundry room and vending machine room. Buffet breakfast consisted of fried rice, porridge, sausages, eggs, toasts, pastries, cereals, fruits and juice. There is also a hot drinks machine where you could select your own hot drink like coffee or tea or hot chocolate or mocha. The hotel is very thoughtful that it also provides guests with plastic cups at the breakfast area for you to takeaway your hot drinks/juice.

The hotel is very conveniently located - just a few minutes from the beach (near Loma Park). Convenience shops and eateries are located 5-7 minutes walk away. Jungceylon shopping mall is about 10-15 minutes walk away. Tip : If you're taking a taxi to the hotel from the airport and the taxi driver is unsure where this new hotel is located, just tell him that it is on the same road as The Nap Hotel, The Sea Hotel, Embrace Hotel. Near Loma Park. We paid 500 baht flat rate from airport to the hotel.

The hotel consists of seven blocks and when we were there on the 3rd week since they opened in December, three out of seven blocks were fully operational and fully occupied.

Some teething issues as the hotel was brand new - the fire alarm was accidentally activated on two different days during our stay at the hotel. Though it was a false alarm, it still caused a little panic. The General Manager was at the lobby to handle the situation and re-assure guests but it would be better if the hotel had followed up with a 2nd announcement that there was no call for alarm and no emergency. Other than that, our overall experience at this hotel was good.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Wienprater 4

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed and great review of our brand new Holiday Inn Express Phuket Patong Beach Central. You should work in our sales team! You touched an all our key points, with great location in Patong, great sleeping experience with the soft and firm pillows, free WiFi and free breakfast bar and all with great value for money.

I take the comments on board with the secondary announcement of the false alarm and will action this with our team. Thank you for the feedback.

Dominic

Been to Holiday Inn Express Phuket Patong Beach Central? Share your experiences!