“Visit Every Trip” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: German, Austrian, Asian, Greek
Perth, Australia
“Visit Every Trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

We always go to the Grillhutte when we visit Phuket (3rd trip). The staff are attentive and the location is tucked away from the main hustle and bustle on the street. We enjoy the food, and the kids are always happy to eat sausages or schnitzel. It has ceiling fans but suggest going in the evening when it is slightly cooler - but this is no different to most other restaurants in Phuket which do not have air conditioning.

It is reasonably priced and the German beer is always good. Unlike the other reviewer we did not see any 'wildlife', but we have seen then around Phuket generally. Oh, and we recommend the apfelstrudel and ice cream if you have room for dessert.

We are going back tonight for dinner

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Phuket, Thailand
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

I was excited to visit the Grillhutte as I'm Austrian and living in Phuket. The location is good but the place is old and hot. The menu is impressive and at first glance I thought I found a place I could visit regularly but that changed as the night carried on.

I ordered an Almdudler of the menu, an Austrian soft drink I have never found outside of Austria but was very disappointed when I was brought a can of Gingerale. I sent it back and ordered a water instead for which I was charged 60 BAHT!! The same as Coke. It should have been only 20 BAHT. What a rip off.

Ordered the Linsensuppe, and it was very thin and tested like vinegar...
The Wienerschnitzel was the thinnest I have ever seen and it was okay. The potatoes were good. However watching a cockroach the size of a baby's fist climb the entrance kind of made me loose my appetite.

Overall I would have come again if I wasn't overcharged for the water. Very disappointing.

• Visited June 2013