“Excellent Location, Great Value!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Marq

You added The Marq to your Saves list
The Marq
78 / 4 Soi Nanai 8, Phang Muang Sai Kor Rd., Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand   |
Ranked #23 of 155 Specialty Lodging in Patong
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Mount Shasta, California
“Excellent Location, Great Value!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

We spent just two nights at The Marq while passing through Phuket on our island hoping adventure along the Andaman in January. We would have gladly stayed longer if our schedule had permitted. The rooms were new and clean with modern decor. Excellent A/C. The staff was very attentive to our needs, and the complementary breakfast made us feel close to home. There was a travel agent right next door that helped us with transportation arrangements for transit to our next local, and Malley's, a bar half of a block away on the corner, offered a relaxing spot for a little whiskey and a Manchester United football match. Would recommend to anyone looking for a hotel to call home while they take in all that Patong, Phuket has to offer.

Room Tip: Rooms that face the street are fine, but if you are a light sleeper request a room that faces away f...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Korean first
Shouguang, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I stay at this hotel only 1 night. I pay for another hotel but they move me here. I am glad they did. This hotel are nice and clean and new. Only stairs but it is ok. I like my room very good feel, shower water is hot. I walk everywhere beach, food, bar, shopping 15-20 minutes. Everyone at hotel is nice. I only go to Patong for 3 days next time I stay here.

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

We stayed at this hotel two different times in Jan. mainly because the owner went out of the way to help with anything he could. He when above and beyond letting me use his personal phone to call when I had a problem with my credit card. The staff were nice and eager to help.

The rooms were cozy, clean, modern, the beds in the deluxe and superior rooms i stayed in were the best in my 4 weeks in SE Asia.

Location- away from the noise of the town but close enough to walk to the beach or mall in 10-15 minutes and 15-20 to Bangla Road when I wanted a loud night.

The prices even in high season were well worth it.

Oakland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

We stay for 10 day in Jan. The hotel was very clean and new. The staff is all friendly some have better English. But they always try to help. The owners were always helpful and gave us great suggestion for beach and restaurant. Location is good for the price. We hope to visit again someday.

Shanghai, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013 via mobile

New build hotel three streets back from beach. Reasonable mid price option more like an up market hostel than 3 star hotel..
On the plus side..clean room with great hot shower, flat screen and dvd plus free bottled water. Downsides noisy on street side, rock hard bed and a good 20 minute walk from jungceylon,beach and Bangla.

• Stayed January 2013
Santiago, Chile
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

This is a difficult review.
The hotel is a new place, the location is ok, cause you can walk to the beach (15 to 20 minutes)and is away from the noise.
I stayed in a double bedroom, and it was very nice and well decorated, with aircon, tv, balcony, frigobar, and toilet...here is one of the proble, the toilet was terrible smelly. We noticed, but the staff didn't do anything.
The owner is very nice and helpful, but when he's not at the place, things go very bad.
We decided to stay 1 more night, so we noticed a lady at the front desk.
What a surprise, at the next morning the guy on the front desk asked us "so you guys are finally leaving today?" ina very bad mood. We explained to him that we were noticed that, but he didn't receive the message, so he said that they lost custom, and he insisted many times that we hadn't notice as we were lying.
After that, we were leaving, so we needed to pay, and the same guy was asking for more money becasue he said that we eat more chocolates that we really did...you know how he supossed to know??? Because they check the rubbish bin, so he insisted again that we were eating more than we "wanted to pay"...so we were lying again...really horrible service.
And to finish, we asked him for his name, becasue we noticed that we'll complain, and he write in a card "boy"...I'm sorry, but of course it wasn't his name, so we was also laughing of us.
So, a message for the owner...this could be a very good place, but he has to choose better staff.
If you don't mind, and you stay here, go for breakfast to the next cafe, for the same price you get a wonderful breakfast and is running by the owners that are one of the nicer thailand people that I met.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
The_Marq, Owner at The Marq, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
First and foremost, I'm extremely sorry to hear about your experience!! I can confidently say the issues you mentioned have been resolved.

It was quickly apparent within the first month that I had made the wrong decision in the hiring process. The individual in question was let go Jan 1. I’m sorry you had the unfortunate experience of meeting him.

As for the toilets the building leasing company had to uninstall and reinstall all the toilets because they were not connected correctly during the construction. This problem was only first noticed during the high season with our high occupancy rate and has been then fixed.

Once again I’m apologize for your experience during your stay and I appreciate your candid comments.
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

New hotel clean friendly owners that are more than happy to help you. I found my stay a good experience and I would recommend this hotel to people. The beach I about 10 to 15min walk. We rented a bike next door at DDC. I managed to drop the the bike and it got a few scratches on it. I was worried that I was going to have to pay a lot of money to fix as I have heard some story's about Thailand and the scams. But to my surprise ploy the owner was more worried about me than the bike and didn't charge me anything. Thank the Marq and thank you ploy.

• Stayed November 2012

Been to The Marq? Share your experiences!