“Enjoyable Nice days in Patong” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Marq

You added The Marq to your Saves list
The Marq
2.0 of 5 Lodge   |   78 / 4 Soi Nanai 8, Phang Muang Sai Kor Rd., Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand   |
Ranked #23 of 137 Specialty Lodging in Patong
Hong Kong, null, Hong Kong
“Enjoyable Nice days in Patong”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

We Hong Kong family of four stayed more than a week with this hotel, why ?
Not only because it is clean, neat and tidy. Not because it is just opened and newly furnished.
The main reason is the American boss Mr. Marcus McCown is a very nice guy.
He is friendly, helpful and always shows warm hospitality all the time.
Also, its rate is attractive and the location is quiet but convenient, only ten minutes walking to the beach or the main shopping area.

I will stay with it again if I go to Patong the next time and of course no doubt to recommend to you.

Room Tip: Don't forget to reserve the twin bunk beds room if you have four.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
marcus_m411, General Manager at The Marq, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Thanks for the review. I hope the girls are settled back in to school. Hope to see you on another vacation here soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Korean first
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

This was my first experience using TA and was pleasantly surprised at the results. I found the reviews helpful and accurate!! My girlfriend and I stayed at the hotel 5 days 2 more than we expected before moving on to Phi Phi. The staff was very accommodating helping us with anything they could ie meeting us at the door with a towel when it was raining, helping us ordering delivery etc. They were knowledgeable about local activities, restaurants and things to do. The rooms were cozy and comfortable. I loved Phuket and The Marq I will start saving my pennies and hope to return soon. I am a tripadvisor convert!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
The_Marq, General Manager at The Marq, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Happy to know we helped convert someone to TA. Were happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and took the time to write about it.
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

Even though it was the low season and the hotel just opened. Mark the owner was so attentive and addressed all of our questions. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

Our room was great. Nice little modern touches everywhere. By the way, this place has the only FREE & FUNCTIONAL high speed Wifi in Patong. (What's up with all these places advertising wifi that is at the dial up speed? I can't even open an email).

We had such a blast at the bar at night (ok, it was the slow season and we didn't feel like venturing out after a day of boating). Great conversation and great drinks!

By the way, there are so many nooks and crannies around the hotel to have great local thai food. I definitely highly recommend this place. If this hotel was in Boston or NYC, they could have charged $200 to $300 a night easily. I felt I cheated on Mark.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
The_Marq, General Manager at The Marq, responded to this review, October 27, 2012
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again soon.
Guangzhou, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We found the hotel staff to be exceptionally friendly and helpful when compared to other places we stayed in Thailand. I’ve taken a few trips to Phuket before and this was by far the best value for the money. Some of the things I liked about it the most were:
• The Marq is really well located yet on a quiet street so it’s removed from the noise
• It’s got a nice style to it, modern but still makes you feel like you’re in a home
• The rooms and beds are really clean and comfy, I had the best night sleep on my whole trip
• Their cocktails were delicious
I’d recommend the Marq to anyone travelling to Phuket, and will definitely stay there on my next visit.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
mybeach101
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

The Marq hotel is close to the party street and next to really good restaurants. If you want western or Thai food its there. There is also a family mart and 7 11 really close to the hotel. The bed is very soft. Every thing about the hotel was amazing. Best place I stayed on my whole trip in Thailand. The staff are really nice and will help anyone that wants to know where to go in Phucket. I will come back next time I am in Phucket for sure.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. As a Top Contributor on TA we appreciate your feed back!! We look forward to see you in the future.
Vancouver, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

Hip. Modern. Fun.

We just returned from a fabulous stay at The Marq which was a perfect fit to our Phuket vacation. From the planning stages, Marc’s timely and courteous responses to our multiple questions assured us we had made the right choice. Arriving at The Marq, we found the hotel to be clean, fun and hip. The staff were extremely friendly and accommodating. Traveling with a 2 year old can be challenging, but the owner and staff went above and beyond to ensure that our needs were met. For a hotel that recently opened, we were impressed that our stay went smoothly from beginning to end.

Our room was clean and the beds were comfortable. The air conditioning worked well and we found the in-room refrigerator handy. Our bathroom was large and I loved the rain showerhead which I wish that I could have brought home with me. There was plenty of room for the three of us and overall we found The Marq to be a true value for the price. We’ll definitely return.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Honolulu, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

I travel solo. And I'm quite sensitive to noise at sleep. I simply can't stay at noisy hotels in busy area, so my strategy is to book one night at a hotel, try it, if it's noisy at night and my sleep quality is bad, i switch to another hotel, but if the sleep quality is good, I extend the stay (learned a hard lesson from my Bali trip). Not so easy to find a quiet corner in busy tourist areas, so it takes extra efforts to try and decide to stay or move after one night. Through Google I found this one on Agoda, and booked it to try one night. Good sleep. Unusual quiet corner in the busy Patong area. So I extended for another 4 nights, and quite glad I did through the treasure hunt for quiet clean hotels.

Details: King size bed, good quality. Brand new room, in the brand new building. Sheets and towels are new, fresh and clean. Free internet (both Wifi for my iPhone and desktop in the lobby). Free water from bar. 24-hour convenience store FamilyMart is right at the street corner, very convenient, which I really like. The owner is American, accepting payment in cash. Very Thai style already.

The hotel is 10-minute walk to restaurants and shopping streets. 15-walk to Patong Beach. I did not rent a scooter, just walked around to explore the area. The hotel is blessed with good location, at the quiet clean corner on a new street, and has great price for this popular beach area (luckily good weather in those days of my stay too). I'm quite glad I found this new hotel to stay under my budgets. And most of all, with good sleep quality I need during my travel. Overall good experiences in Phuket here.

I would recommend this hotel to travelers who need good location and clean quiet corner for sleep quality.

Room Tip: Brand new street, new building, new room, at a quiet, clean corner in the busy Patong. Recommend th...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Been to The Marq? Share your experiences!