“Beautiful secluded hotel resort” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Avista Hideaway Resort & Spa

You added Avista Hideaway Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Avista Hideaway Resort & Spa
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   39/9 Muen Ngoen Road, Tri-trang Beach, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand   |
Special Deal
Free WiFi+Breakfast
Ranked #6 of 285 Hotels in Patong
Certificate of Excellence 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Beautiful secluded hotel resort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

My partner and I enjoyed our stay here. Upon arrival we were presented with cold hand towels, cold drinks and fruit whilst we checked in which was a nice touch. I asked for a sea view room and the staff were very accommodating and did their best to give me my preference.

The room was lovely, spacious, clean, had a balcony over looking the infinity pool. There was fresh fruit on the first day. We ate at the hotel restaurant a few nights during our stay and there was a choice of cuisines available. The breakfast buffet was ample and a good variety. The staff were always friendly and helpful.It was good that there was a free shuttle bus that took you to Patong and Paradise beach otherwise you would have needed to take the taxi there.

The only cons I would give is that the hotel is still under development but it is not obvious. What I mean by this is when the staff give you a map of the resort so you can go exploring, it details all the things that would be there if everything had been built e.g. convenience store, BBQ restaurant, but they don't tell you upfront that these things don't exist yet. So you end up wandering around the resort trying to look for something that doesn't exist! I think it would be helpful to just tell people when they check in which places aren't available. Other than that I'd still recommend this resort, as when it is finished it'll be amazing.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
GM_Avista_Hideaway, General Manager at Avista Hideaway Resort & Spa, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Dear. Traveller_UK_09

We are glad that you and your partner enjoyed your stay at Avista Hideaway Resort and Spa, Phuket.

Since it is a long journey to get to the resort our welcome drink is designed to provide immediate refreshment to the guests as they take in the beautiful view while waiting to be escorted to their rooms by our team of butlers.

Our rooms are designed to provide a sensation of being at ‘Home’ and to celebrate those special moments of togetherness.

Vista Restaurant offers a wide range of cuisines that caters all nationalities and taste buds and our buffet breakfast is definitely among the best on the island. Our team is carefully selected to provide those simple touches of hospitality that Thailand is known for.

Our BBQ restaurant, Sizzle, will be ready to welcome guests in a few days. However, I agree that this should have been informed to you on arrival.

We look forward to welcome you on your next stay with us and I am sure you will enjoy dining at our BBQ restaurant which is a unique concept that takes you back in time to the era of King Rama V and pioneers of Siam.

Avista Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Moranbah, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

We stayed at the Avista 1 week ago now and what can I say but WOW!!! Its up a big hill from patong beach so if your looking for easy access to patong this isn't the place for you but was perfect for us as we had a 5yr old and 3 month old with us and we wanted to stay out of the hussle and bussle. There is plenty of taxis ready and willing to take you immediately into town for about 300 baht. There is a courtesy bus that can take you into town but in our 10 day stay we used it once as the times never really matched up and the first bus doesn't leave till 11. The resort is pristine, extremely clean and the housekeepers are amazing at their job and go above and beyond to keep your room tidy. Pools are beautiful and especially of a nighttime I loved the blue lights reflecting in the pool. Buffet breakfast you really can't ask for more everything from stir fry to eggs and bacon to donuts and pastries. Delicious. I really can't fault this resort in any way, I even looked up before I went what I would have payed if I had of booked then and it was significantly less than what we paid so I emailed them and they were so kind and gave my mother and father who also travelled with us a free upgrade to one of their jacuzzi suites! Definately recommend!!!

• Stayed November 2013
Dear Katelsmac,

Greetings from Avista Hideaway Resort & Spa, Phuket!

We are delighted that you enjoyed the serenity of the Resort. Our location is in fact the ideal place for a perfect hideaway with stunning vistas from the lobby and rooms and just 5 minutes away from the heart of Patong.

The Housekeeping team would like to thank you for your recognition of their hard work and attention to detail.

Chef Tim and his culinary team are pleased to hear about your feedback. It is the acknowledgement of our guests that makes them work even harder to create a great culinary experience for them. I am sure when you stay with us next you will able to experience our new BBQ restaurant that is scheduled to open soon where guests will be transported back in time to the era of King Rama V and the pioneers of Siam as they enjoy the culinary delicacies of Chef Tim under the stars.

Our Jacuzzi suites are our pride and are designed to create that perfect holiday experience for couples that are looking to spend together time.

Thank you for sharing your experience and we look forward to next stay at the perfect Hideaway,

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

The Avista Hideaway is just a short tuk-tuk ride away from the hustle of Patong Beach. It is a great property with excellent amenities. But, what made my visit to this property excellent was the amazing staff. They were very kind and attentive to all of our needs. One example of how their exceptional service is with respect to a trip that my friends and I booked. We were scheduled to be picked up for an full-day excursion to Ko Phi Phi. We arrived just before our 7:30 appointment time, and checked in with the lobby attendants to make sure that our transportation has not arrived. They assured us that no one had arrived for us at that point. We waited for 30 minutes, and no one arrived. The staff called the tour company for us, but was unable to get anyone on the other end. By 8:30, the staff tried again and were unsuccessful. Finally, at 9:00 am, the staff was able to reach someone at the tour company, who informed us that our driver arrived at 7:30, but we were nowhere to be found. We assured them that we were where we were supposed to be, and at the appropriate time. The desk staff then got on the phone with the tour operator and confirmed that not only were we on time, but that no one had arrived to pick us up. The desk staff then worked with the tour company to provide us with another excursion pick up time. They went over and beyond the call of duty and it was much appreciated.

I would definitely recommend this property to anyone who is visiting Patong Beach that wants to be close, but not directly in the middle of the chaos.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
GM_Avista_Hideaway, General Manager at Avista Hideaway Resort & Spa, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Dear iotaphantom,

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at the perfect ‘Hideaway’ in Phuket. Truly our location is our USP as we are located on top of the hill which affords great views yet close enough to get to Patong in the hotel shuttle in 5 minutes.

Your acknowledgement of the Front Desk team is much appreciated and has been shared with them. Indeed, it is the personalized service which creates exceptional holiday experience for our guests. The stunning vistas and splendid architecture of the resort only add to the personalized service our team endeavors to provide.

Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to have you stay with us again.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights in October 2013 and will definitely return. The location is great, you'd have no idea you're anywhere near Patong but its still only about 3 mins in a taxi to the centre of Patong beach. It's up on a hilltop so beautiful views and very quiet. Food is great and amazing spread for breakfast.
I was in a Duplex Jacuzzi Suite which was divine - huge room with king bed, shower & bath and all the other facilities. Outside is a very big jacuzzi in a covered area so dont have to worry about sunburn. Up a small stairway is the rooftop terrace, has sun loungers and a big couch type thing. Great for a relax with a book. Mine had partial seaviews which was great.
Had a massage at the spa which was divine, the spa is not far from the main pool but still completely tranquil. The therapist was very good and helpful.
Reception were really good they ordered me taxis a couple of times, and you can get buggys around the resort if you dont feel like walking (its quite a big estate)
All in all I definitely recommend!

Room Tip: Definitely choose the duplex Jacuzzi Suite!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
GM_Avista_Hideaway, General Manager at Avista Hideaway Resort & Spa, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Dear Travellove414,

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay at Avista Hideaway Resort & Spa, Phuket.

Our location is our advantage; placed on a hilltop 10 minutes from Patong beach offers stunning vistas from the lobby.

Breakfast is a delightful experience at our resort with its wide selection of food, freshly squeezed fruit juices, bakery and a live Asian cooking station that allows you to pick your desired ingredient for a breakfast like home.

The duplex Jacuzzi suite with an outdoor Jacuzzi and a private deck is set up for that perfect romantic getaway or to celebrate those special moments of togetherness.

Aqua Spa is designed to pamper our guests and Dr. Alvin, our in-house Ayurvedic doctor, ensures that all our guests get the right treatment that suits their body types.

We look forward to your next stay with us.

San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

Loved the resort and spa. Stayed 5 nights in November. Absolutely beautiful hotel layout, quiet, beautifully maintained with 3 of the most beautiful infinity pools. All of the people that work there were helpful, curteous, beautifully dressed and go out of their way to make your stay wonderful. The view from the dining area is spectacular. They run free shuttles to Paridise Beach several times a day, a wonderful beach tucked away between mountains and another shuttle to Patong. We saved many taxi charges using this service. The resort has many stairs so be prepared to walk a bit but it never bothered me because the scenary was so spectacular. I would highly recommend this resort to anyone wanting spectacular service and romantic views and wonderfully decorated rooms. Thank you Avista for a wonderful stay.

Room Tip: Ask for pool side rooms for direct access to great infinity pool or a higher floor for more privacy...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
GM_Avista_Hideaway, General Manager at Avista Hideaway Resort & Spa, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Dear Michael E,

We are glad you enjoyed your stay at the perfect ‘Hideaway’ in Phuket.

The resort located on a hilltop 10 minutes from Patong offers stunning vistas from the lobby, the three infinity pools and from many of the rooms.

The three infinity pools with stunning views ensure the pool is never too crowded and the barman at each pool is delighted to serve your preferred drinks as you enjoy the sunny days and the comfort of just being lazy and pampered. The ‘Adults Only’ pool with beautiful lighting effects is a popular choice for a late evening swim with your special one.

The team at the resort genuinely cares for the guests hence the helpful, courteous and efficient service all around.

The complimentary shuttle service to Patong and Paradise beach is now even more convenient as based on requests from our guests we have added 2 new vans with larger capacity for our guests to travel.

We will be delighted to have you stay with us again and to enjoy the same ‘Heavenly stay’ a second time.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

Our 10 Nights stay started as a nightmare.. We arrived @22:00 after being fetched by a limousine from the airport (was wondering why no cold water or cold towels in the car - usual standard in 5 star hotel limousines) and were shown by a young receptionist lady to our Jacuzzi suite, what a let-down, hardly any furniture in the room, no chairs or table outside on the terrace and the view was a small tree and a huge grey wall, it was like staying in a dark cellar room. We complained immediately as we requested in our booking an upper floor room... and were told that they will have a look tomorrow.. Ok we just had a 36 hour trip behind us and really needed to sleep. First not too easy with some bullfrogs sitting in front of our room.... But that's white natural noise, so we did fall asleep finally.. Than at 3 am a loud noise which sounded like a truck breaking at full speed in our room...screech ...Ok we thought some plumbing problem, it will stop.. No it did not, it started every 5 min in a new screech.. We called reception but nobody picked up the phone so I got dressed and started to walk up to the reception.. That's 300meters with an over 30% climb at 30C at 3:00am.... i asked the night receptionist to come to listen to that strange noise, ok he came down to the room and immediately moved us to another room on the same floor, we went to bed and again the same loud noise. I tried to call the reception but nobody answered again..
So I got up and walked up to the reception (4:00am).... Arrived out of breath and I asked for another room as we really need to sleep now.
Ok, he checked and there was a vista club room with a view (next door hotel building side and some sea view) anyway a porter showed me to the room, nice furnished and a lot better than the more expensive Jacuzzi suite. 2 cumfy sun chairs on the terrace, 2 sofas and some extra seating in front of the bed...so far so good... I turned around and the porter was gone..
Where was I?? It's now 4:30am and I have no clue how to find our old room to fetch my wife nor find the reception as everything is a little bit like a maze..too many walkways and no signs.
After finally finding the reception I told the night porter that I need a transport (golf cart) to fetch my wife and to get to the new room...
Finally at 5:00 am we were able to get to sleep. Just to get woken up at 7:30 by the housekeeping team... So much for our first night at the hideaway!
After breakfast we met the front of house manager who was very sympathetic about our plied and told us he would sort out the refund for the downgrade and that we could check out very late to get direct to our flight...
Now to the hotel: it's a brand new 4 star Hotel, not 5 star yet but with potential as very new, owned and managed by Indians, run by Philippinos and Thais and frequented mainly by young Chinese!
The property is well kept but after some rain you can see the building shortcuts, everywhere the water come in, wet towels laying around all over in the public areas..rain came through most closed windows and through some roofs (in our room and in the Spa)
The Club vista room is all you need, with a big bathroom with most amenities of a good hotel.
Bath-robes and all, a big TV with most advertised English language stations working and a DVD player.
Free WIFI was available in most places of the property, just not fast enough to watch any U-tube or other streaming video, but fast enough for news and mail.
There are 3 pools. We favoured the club pool facing the building site as adult only and a touch warmer than the other ones.. all pools are very clean and the deck chairs are very comfortable all around.( I wonder what happened to the club rooms facing the building site when they start to build the new Hotel..??) Each pool has its own cocktail bar which are manned all day..
The only negative there, we watched the barman at the main pool-bar washing dirty glasses with no soap and just same cold water to use it again, for another cocktail for another guest....not my thing!
Now to the only restaurant at the resort, it's a little bit like eating in a space ship with its strange columns and blue light, the Menu is difficult to read but the menu is broad and ranges from Thai to western to Indian food. The food is of reasonable quality and price. We got stuck at the hotel a couple of nights as it was raining cat and dogs! We ate twice for dinner and found that the restaurant is just to big and not very cosy. There was no music in the restaurant and on both nights the hostess was standing behind her desk chatting on her cell phone without looking up to greet us or even show us an empty table…. What annoyed me most was the staff was starting setting up for breakfast at 9pm already with a lot of noise by filling the ice into the breakfast stations etc.
In the 10 days having breakfast we never saw any Restaurant manager (except on one day the spa managers, a very friendly Indian doctor) and the Head chef twice walking through the buffet area. The buffet is somehow boring, the same items very day, the bread is most of the time stale and there is hardly any choice (stale white bread or stale white bread)…. there are so many continental bakeries on the peninsula to get fresh bread daily if the kitchen doesn't know how to bake. The chef should take a trip down to the Amari to see how to make a Breakfast spread for a good 4 star hotel ( smoked salmon, various rolls, including seed-rolls, fresh brezels , rye loafs, selection of salamis, smoked hams and wide selection of cold cuts, hush browns, mushrooms etc..) As there is Indian food on the restaurant menu I was very surprised not to find any Indian food on the breakfast buffet. Ok, there is a wok section to make stir fries for the fast amount of Chinese customers. There is also an egg station for your choice of eggs including Egg Benedict. The juices are all freshly squeezed, that was very nice! And the Breakfast service staff was extremely helpful and very friendly!
It's an ok breakfast if you stay here for 3 nights but not if you stay longer and you like a little bit variety!

In the 10 days we were not able to get onto one of the provided busses to town as they are fully booked early in the morning or days ahead. And the taxi service is charging BT 300 for a 5 min trip to patong. I suggest (if the weather is good) to rent a scooter (BT 170 - 200 per day) It's fun and you are independent.
The Gym is clean, with clean towels and cold drinking water and the supplied equipped is enough for a quick daily workout, the Game room has lots of games ( pool table, table soccer, darts and table tennis) to keep you busy for a couple of hours. The Virtual Golf room was unfortunately always locked..!??
The free Spa treatment was very much appreciated, very clean and professional.
The Club Lounge treats: Coffees and teas with some sweet snacks for high tea and free drinks/ cocktails after 17:00 till 19:00. the sweet snacks are getting very boring after a couple of days, always the same paper wrapped finger-sandwiches with some undefined fillings, some scones which are difficult to eat as they are crumble away as soon they see a knife coming close... and some small sponge cakes.
- but there also was on one afternoon a very nice lemon pie and a chocolate marque , which got full marks from my wife and myself!
The cocktails are a bit weak but you can order as many as you like...
Service staff at the club lounge is exceptional! My complements!
We have never seen a hotel that size with so little management present, and if there are any activities from the Hotel they are unfortunately never advertised in the rooms (Barbeque evenings etc.) at the rainy season they should do a lot more to entertain the customers who can't get to town to entertain them-self. There are some 20 or so dvd's available at the reception, that's it!
We were allowed a very late checkout by the front of house manager, who also gave us a much appreciated discount for the downgrade of our room as well as for the inconvenience of the first night! The transport from the airport was in a limousine but on our way back to the airport this happened: we were already driving in a comfortable limo, when the deputy front of house manageress, stopped the driver before we could hit the main road and put us into a mini-van.. With the words: it's an hour to the airport and that why you have to take the mini-van... We would have definitely preferred the more comfortable ride in the limo (as this is not a short trip), and especially not in the kind of Van used to do the 5 minutes trips to patong etc! We did not understand that one!! Very very strange indeed..!!
But anyway the overall stay was very good, staff very friendly and helpful with room and facilities being absolutely satisfactory.. This Hotel has huge potential, if they work on the fine details what separates a 4 star from a 5star!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
GM_Avista_Hideaway, General Manager at Avista Hideaway Resort & Spa, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Dear Petkype,

Thank-you for choosing to stay at Avista Hideaway Resort and Spa, Phuket and for the detailed review of your stay experience.

We understand the importance of being comfortable after a long journey. I am glad our team was able to assist in getting a new room in the night. I do agree that we could have handled the concern in a more efficient manner.

The Club Vista rooms at 65 sq ft and a bouquet of thoughtful facilities like the late check-out, complimentary cocktail hours, micro-wave in the room and access to the ‘Adults Only’ pool are a perfect choice for those looking for an ideal ‘Getaway’.

Chef Tim and his team have reworked the breakfast options since your stay. The buffet breakfast is very popular and often rated as amongst the best by our guests.

We have also introduced 2 new larger vans for shuttle service to ensure that all our Guests can avail the services during the stay.

We thrive on constructive feedback from our guest’s and continuously work to improve the service and facilities for a better stay experience. Please be assured, we have already taken corrective steps to ensure the shortfalls mentioned by you are immediately rectified.

We look forward to have you stay with us again and experience the enhanced services based on your recommendations.

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

To start with the location, I need to say, this resort is a true “hideaway” as its name interprets.
It is not on the hotel-dense Patong area. It is actually on a hill a bit off the busy Patong. You
will begin to realize this fact since you try to get a taxi at the airport. Outside the airport there are different taxi companies and all of them have standard charge to different beach. However, Avista hideaway is not on their list under Patong. So don’t be surprised that the fare to Avista Hideaway is higher than the standard fare to Patong, as all the drivers will say:”It’s not on Patong, it’s on the hill”

The resort has only been built for a year or so. On right side of the lobby, something was still under construction when we were there. This resort is quiet, clean, and contemporary designed. We chose Jacuzzi suite#515 which a little far from the lobby by walking so we need
to commute by hydro cart. The suite itself is beautiful, private, and of course with Jacuzzi on
balcony. The only downside is our suite has not much view since it was block by another set of
rooms, but we were able to see some greens from the balcony which is not too bad.

The breakfast was good. Two things impressed me most: The freshly cooked pad Thai which you pick your own ingredients, and the honey you scrape off the hive piece. All the staffs are friendly and quickly response to us. We also tried the Thai message at the Spa, which was not bad.

One thing I would suggest Avista Hideaway to improve is its shuttle bus schedule. Since the resort is not in walking distance to Patong beach, guests rely on the free shuttle bus to travel between resort and Patong. The shuttle bus starts off every 2 hours. Earliest bus leaves resort at 9:00am and latest come back at 11:00pm from JungCeylon. It's only a 16 seats bus, every time it’s full. You really need to book for the seats and it’s become really important that you plan your day with the bus time. People missed the 11pm bus or want to travel off the schedule need to pay for taxi.

Overall, the resort is nice,so does the staff. It was definitely a pleasant stay and enjoyable 3 day hideaway.

Room Tip: I found all Jaccuzi suites seem far from lobby and there is limited hydro cart available all the tim...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
GM_Avista_Hideaway, General Manager at Avista Hideaway Resort & Spa, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Dear Sara Leung,

We are happy that you enjoyed your ‘Getaway’ at Avista Hideaway Resort and Spa, Phuket. Our location is our advantage; nestled on the hilltop 10 minutes from Patong we are ideally located to enjoy the best of both the worlds.

The Jacuzzi suites with a private Jacuzzi is a sanctuary in itself and a perfect choice to celebrate those special moments of ‘togetherness’, hence the respect for privacy and the view of the greens for a feel of being in the tropics.

We have already worked on suggestions from our guests for shuttle service and added a new vehicle with more capacity. We are sure this will make it more convenient for our guests to travel to Patong.

We will be pleased to have you stay with us again!

Avista Management

Been to Avista Hideaway Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!