“I love this Blue Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Avista Hideaway Resort & Spa

Save Saved
You added Avista Hideaway Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Avista Hideaway Resort & Spa
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   39/9 Muen Ngoen Road, Tri-trang Beach, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand   |
Hotel packages
Special Price
50% off room rate
Ranked #13 of 261 hotels in Patong
Bangkok, Thailand
“I love this Blue Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

It is blue. The cool blue colour comes up alot in lights, cushions and so on. It gives the place a bit of class and makes me feel cool inside. Fabulous place, genuine 5 star for sure. Staff so super nice, always stop say hello, but then also shake hand and tell you their name. Food was out of this world and always was a van bus to take us into Patong. I had a dream holiday here and will come back sure. The manager we met Simon, thank you sooooo much.

Room Tip: Not sure, but we had i think just a normal one on lower levels near gold putting green and it was ju...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
GM_Avista_Hideaway, General Manager at Avista Hideaway Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Dear Aoy C

Greetings from Avista Hideaway Resort & Spa Phuket.

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and the Blue themes made you feel so calm. Our designers spent a lot of time coming up with a concept that combined both Modern and Traditional touches and we do think the final result has a perfect blend.

We are glad we made you feel welcome and have passed on all your comments to the team here.

We do hope to see you again soon.

Regards

480 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

This hotel far exceeded my expectations in so many ways. From the moment we arrived, we were greeted with the most friendly staff, a breath-taking view and a welcome drink. Check-in process was smooth and fast.

Room: It was spacious, clean and had everything we need! Bed and pillows were so comfortable.

Facilities/Service: It kept raining the first few days we were there and we were so worried that we'll be bored to death. However, we were pleasantly surprised by what the hotel has to offer us (free!). There was a fully equipped 5 stars gym, 3 infinity pools, virtual golf play, mini golf, cooking classes, games room (consoles, etc), club room (iMacs, magazines, and a bar). Oh yes, and I forgot to mention that you can borrow any DVDs avalible from the front desk and they deliver free popcorn and drinks right to your room's doorstep!

Breakfast - Spectacular! Great variety, yummy, good coffee, nice ambience. On the last day when we had to catch an early morning flight, the staff packed our breakfast nicely for us. It had everything we needed (what a warm gesture).

Location- The only slightly down side of the resort is it's location. It is slightly up the hill and away from the happening Patong area. You can arrange to take the shuttle bus there but the frequency of it is every 2 hours. Most of the time you'd have to take a cab/tuktuk back from Patong at 300Baht. It may be ideal for couples or honeymooners though :)

Overall, I really enjoyed my stay in Avista. It definitely raised the bar up in terms of hotel service =D

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
GM_Avista_Hideaway, General Manager at Avista Hideaway Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear StephChong,

Greetings from Avista Hideaway Resort & Spa, Patong.

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and that we managed to exceed your expectations.

We are glad you made full use of so many of the Resorts facilities and enjoyed your time here despite the rain.

Chef Tim and his team are glad you enjoyed the breakfast, we do try to offer as much choice as possible in the mornings as it is such an important meal for guests.

We do realise we are not in the center of the city and promote the fact we are located on the mountain overlooking Patong, this means we are far enough away from the hussle and bussle but only 2 minutes by taxi if you want to head into the main entertainment areas.

Thank you once again for sharing your experience and we hope to see you again in the future.

Hong Kong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

I stayed in Avista Hideaway Resort & Spa in early September 2013 for 4 nights. This is the 2nd time I come to Phuket. Last time I stayed in Millennium where is zero distance from the centre of Patong. So, I try somewhere different this time.
My experience staying in the Avista Hideaway was wonderful.
Let me share with you my experience in the following ways:

Location:
The hotel located at hillside 5 minutes car travel distance south of the Patong Beach. I did not try walking to the Patong Beach as I reckon it would take 15-20 minutes to reach the south end of the beach and would take more than half an hour to go to the bar area. On the other hand, the hotel located at a very quiet location and has excellent sunset sea view in most of the rooms/ public area.

Transportation:
I arranged airport transfers at 700 baht/ trip. It took me around an hour to go there from airport. As I said, the hotel is a bit far from the Patong area. You have to rely on the Taxi or FREE SHUTTLE offered by the hotel. There are free shuttles to Patong area (Juncelyon) and the Paradise Beach at around 2 hour intervals. But, each shuttle has only 14 seats. So, you have to make the shuttle reservations really in advance.

Rooms and facilities:
I stayed in the Bueno Vista room. The room is big enough for me. The room is an open-style design so that you can see the bath room and toilet from your bed. I hope I can upload some photos later. The 2/F room has a direct view to one of the pool - that's great! The room is equipped with all the things you needed including Wifi and LAN internet connection and universal power sockets - no need to bring your power adapter.
The mattress is "healthy" (not very soft) style which is more comfortable for Asian like me. The hotel offer a variety of pillows with different hardness. I didn't ask about that because I found those on the bed were very comfortable. I cannot find anything to complain here.
The hotel has 2 main pools (and another one I did not visit). They are beautiful.
They also have gym room and spa. But, I did not visit neither.

Foods & Drinks:
The breakfast was a western style one. Foods were tasty but not too many choices. Nevertheless, I would rate a "GOOD" for them.

I hope you'll find the above useful.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear JohnsonHongKong,

Greetings from Avista Hideaway Resort & Spa, Patong.

We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for leaving such in depth feedback. It is always useful to other travelers to read comments and the details which you gave are very useful.

We do have a truly unique property and do try to market the fact that we are located on the mountain overlooking Patong. We are approx 2 KM from the heart of the entertainment which means we are far enough away to feel totally isolated and secluded and yet only 2 minutes to the main area if you want to enjoy the hussle and bussle of Patong.

We have now increased the shuttle service and also purchased 2 new coaches to deal with the high demand during peak times.

We are glad you enjoyed the room and facilities we have tried to ensure all rooms are as comfortable as possible and offer a selection of both mattresses and pillows for different sleeping requirements.

With regards to the Breakfast we do try to offer a wide selection of food which caters for most nationalities. We have also included a live stir fry section which appeals to many of our Asian guests, we also include Halal and vegetarian options to offer a full range. We will certainly look at how we can improve the choices.

Once again thank you for taking the time to share your experience and we hope to see you back again in the future.

Brisbane
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

Truly an unforgettable experience!
Upon arrival we were greeted with a welcome drink & flowers, the staff made us feel like Queens.
Cannot commend the staff enough, so friendly and always willing to help us with any enquiry we had. We looooooved the fact that if you watched movies in bed, they brought you complimentary popcorn - Avista really goes above & beyond for their guests. Breathtaking views and spoilt for choice in regards to the 3 pools available. The breakfast buffet was delicious with a great variety of food, I am not usually a morning person but would wake up specifically for breakfast! The coffee and croissants were so yummy! We took full advantage of the free shuttles into the town centre & Jungceylon shopping centre. You are literally only 3 minutes away from the town centre and can get a tuk tuk ride home for under $5 Australian if you want to stay out.

We LOVED Avista and will most definitely be coming back. Most memorable trip I have had so far, and my friends and I were so sad to leave this truly beautiful place. Thank you so much Avista!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear chenoalee89,

Greetings from Avista Hideaway Resort & Spa, Patong.

We are delighted you had an "unforgettable experience" with us and thank you for leaving such positive comments.

We do have a fantastic team of staff here and it is nice to know they looked after you well.

We have shared your feedback with the entire team and hope to see you again in the future.

Crossman, Western Australia, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Beautiful new hotel away from the riff raft and chaos. Design and styling of the common areas captivated me the most and enhanced my aesthetic experience. Restaurant feels like a fusion of Atlantis meets Middle East, the mirror pool near lobby is spellbinding. Food outstanding and incredible value, staff gentle and non intrusive, quality of finishes such as the fully tiled marble swimming pool are just superb. So glad we chose here. Highly recommend. Congrats to design team.

Room Tip: We had interconnecting family rooms - perfect !
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Kallista B,

Greetings from Avista Hideaway Resort & Spa, Patong.

Many thanks for leaving such a positive review and we are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. The designers certainly tried to create a unique property which not only offers some amazing architecture but still manages to blend in with the natural surroundings, we are so glad you appreciated it.

We have shared your comments with all the staff and hope to see you again in the future.

Kind Regards

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

My wife and I couldn't have enjoyed our stay more at Avista Hideaway. The location, the facilities, the food, the staff were all great and the best thing was the private dinner they organised for us for our anniversary (Shout out to Robert and Chef Tim).
There are plenty of shuttle van times to Patong (but make sure you book the day before) and the shuttle to Paradise Beach is worth doing as well.
Couldn't recommend highly enough for a romantic, relaxing holiday.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear MikeTWeb,

Greetings from Avista Hideaway Resort & Spa, Patong.

We are delighted you and your wife enjoyed your stay with us and we managed to make your anniversary a memorable occasion.

Chef Tim and Robert both thank you for the recognition and pass on their regards.

It is always a pleasure to know our guests enjoyed their stay. We have shared your comments with all the team and hope to see you back again in the near future, hopefully to celebrate the next anniversary.

Kind Regards

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is very new and beautiful. Staff are helpful but at times struggle with delivering five star service levels. The transport to and from the resort to Patong/airport etc must be resolved for Avista to be considered a serious five star contender too. As others have stated on here, they dont let the reasonable metered taxis up to the resort, some sort of taxi mafia exists that charge very expensive prices. The Spa is more expensive than home (and I live in Australia!) The transport shuttle they provide is not regular enough and only houses 14 passengers per trip. No power point for a hairdryer in bathroom ??????? Couldnt work that one out! Highlight was the morning breakfast. Chef Tim regularly moving among guests to get feedback and the young waiter Louis, he offered five star amazing service. Remembered our preferred table, how we liked our coffee etc. He was a gem. And also the wardrobes dont have full length hanging space, so ladies don't bring dresses cause there is nowhere to hang them! Good resort that isnt really five star though.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Frommyisland,

Greetings from Avista Hideaway Resort & Spa, Patong.

Many thanks for your recent feedback and we are glad you thought the Resort was beautiful.

Chef Tim and Louis also thank you for the recognition.

We do apologise for the issues with the Shuttle bus, we do try to operate the service every hour and realise that during peak times the buses can get filled very quickly. If this does happen then we do offer alternative transport. We have also now purchased 2 large coaches to run the shuttle service which should be fully operational by October 2013. This will ensure all guests have easy access to the shuttle.

We have also now changed the power points in the bathrooms to allow the dryers to work.

The Taxi services are operated all over the Island and have a very strong union which has set the prices for local travel. From the Resort to Patong or Patong to the Resort the fare should be no more that 250 - 300 baht.

With regards to the Spa I am sorry you felt it was too expensive, we have priced ourselves at the same rate as most other Spas here in Phuket which offer the same treatments. We also have a range of special promotions and vouchers which entitle guests to up to 50% off. We will certainly look into doing more promotions.

We thank you for your feedback and have shared your comments with the entire team.

We do hope to see you back again.

Regards

Avista Management

Been to Avista Hideaway Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!