I spent four overnights (2 - 6 January 2013) at the Merlin Beach Resort to relax after seven busy days of travelling in Bangkok and Chiang Mai. Check-in was swift. Room was spacious and clean. Bathroom had bathtub and walk-in shower, which wasn't always the case at the other hotels I stayed at in Thailand. I had asked to be allocated a room away from families with young babies and kids...this was provided along with a non-smoking room request. The room had a kettle which I find handy for the odd cup of tea. I found the room mini-fridge to be very noisy when trying to get to sleep at night. I had thought it was the sound of the air conditioning unit on the roof above my room...but on my last day realized the fridge was the culprit.
The trio/quartet who entertained in the lobby area were good at providing easy listening music. The hotel staff were polite and efficient. The buffet breakfast at Bhukit Coffee Shop had ample selection for everyone and supplies were replenished constantly. The loungers around the three pools had seen better days....wooden, heavy and clumsy to move. The card system for beach towels I find irritating. I prefer you give me towels and I leave them on my lounger when finished. The beach was enjoyable, in a little cove, not long enough to walk for miles in the morning.
The Italian restaurant La Gondola was so-so for dinner. The Bhukit Coffee Shop for dinner....I sent the soup back as it wasn't the one I ordered. I was still charged for it and the waitress did not want to remove it from my bill.
The Merlin Beach Resort is an OK 4-star hotel but nothing exceptional. I had requested a hotel outside of the main area of Patong Beach. It's a fairly secluded area which suited me fine. Should I return to Phuket, I would probably stay elsewhere.
- Also Known As:
- Merlin Beach Hotel Patong
- Merlin Beach Resort Phuket
- Merlin Beach
- Hotel Merlin Beach
- Beach Merlin Resort
- Beach Merlin Phuket Resort
- Merlin Beach Phuket
- Merlin Beach Hotel
- Merlin Beach Resort Patong, Phuket
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Merlin Beach Resort is a deluxe and luxurious hotel, situated on its own secluded Tri-Trang Beach (3 km. from Patong Beach). Low-rise buildings sitting along the private beach amongst 12 acres of swaying coconut palms and tropical garden. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Tingo, Otel, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Merlin Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.