We stayed here in April 2011 and I have to say it is one of the best resorts we have stayed at. We had a week in Singapore before coming here and we were so suprised at how wonderful the hotel staff were. We were greeted on arrival with cold towels and a fruit juice while our room was being prepared. We had a pool access room (these are amazing and I would pay the extra again to stay in one, many of the people we met had just the deluxe room and they were disappointed. Our travel agent had let the hotel know we were on our honeymoon so our room was prepared with rose petals and a beautiful embossed note from the staff. The resort is up on the hill over Patong Centre so the ride up to it is a big scary, and by the end of our trip we were sick of the "toot toots" every time the driver went past the Statue of Bhudda. This resort also has many tour agencies come in and help you book your tours at 9am in the morning they are all stationed in the lobby (highly recommend this as we saw alot of the cheap tours in you book along Patong while we were out and were we had high powered speed boats and great equipment - the others had old crappy boats which took ages to get out to where you wanted to go and limited the stops for snorkelling etc) The swim up pool bar is amazing, the bar staff dont speak alot of English but thats all the fun of it.. They were all amazingly helpful. Restaurants were all fantastic, we chose to eat in our hotel as the prices were great and there were many selections and cuisines to choose from. Also they give you a "frequent eater" card so by the end of our holiday our meals were half price etc. We wished we got married here as the view was the best in Patong.
We went to the Spa on the last day before leaving and had a full Thai Massage which was amazing and helped with the knowledge of an 8 hour cramped flight home. Massages were about 1500 baht.
Im really suprised about the negative reviews, cant recommend this place highly enough, great for kids too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Merlin Beach Resort is a deluxe and luxurious hotel, situated on its own secluded Tri-Trang Beach (3 km. from Patong Beach). Low-rise buildings sitting along the private beach amongst 12 acres of swaying coconut palms and tropical garden. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Merlin Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Merlin Beach Hotel Patong
- Merlin Beach Resort Phuket
- Hotel Merlin Beach
- Beach Merlin Resort
- Beach Merlin Phuket Resort
- Merlin Beach Phuket
- Merlin Beach Resort Patong, Phuket