This hotel provides everything you would expect from a Holiday Inn. We stayed for 2 weeks in the main wing. The pools and grounds are fabulous for adults and children alike with plenty of sunloungers, free towels and the (busy but lovely) beach is just across the road. The breakfasts are fabulous and the food at Terrazzo and Seabreeze buffet is also good - if expensive. The older kids club is a great place for the children to escape the sun and despite advertising as 12+ they allow younger children if the staff are happy that they are mature enough to be left. The rooms are spacious and very clean and comfortable, although the balconies are small. The hotel staff are exceptionally friendly and helpful.
Patong is busy and very tourist orientated. Expect to see McD's, KFC, Hargen Daas, Burger King etc... Bangla Road is a sight if you are not easily shocked but is easily avoided if its not your style. Outside the hotel you will be approached to buy things from shops, sellers and the words "You wanna TukTuk" or "You wanna suit" will ring in your ears!! However, it is all very friendly - its easy to just keep walking or give a simple "No thanks". If you do want to buy - decide what you want to pay and Barter!! Be prepared to walk away to get the price down...if the seller doesn't come down, someone else will!
If you like Thai Food eat away from the main streets - walk down the side roads a little and its half the price. Massage and beauty treatments in the hotel may be cheaper than the UK and great if you really want a spa atmosphere but for Thai massage, foot massage etc. try one the of many local massage places. We had 2 x 1 hour Thai massages and 2 x 1 hour foot massages for around £10 in total!! Ask for gentle though, unless you like pain!!
Try Scuba Cat for Diving/snorkelling (5 min walk from Hotel). Great for experienced and beginners alike. Our children did a "Bubblemaker" which they loved! We enjoyed the Fantasy show and the aquarium, which may not be quite as good as the UK equivalent but at around £2 each its well worth a visit).
This time of year (end of August) is rainy. We had a lovely week with a bit of rain and a rainy week with a bit of lovely!! However, its nice and warm even in the rain!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- “Patong’s best choice for Everyday Travelers”Holiday Inn Resort Phuket, perfectly located in the heart of Patong, Phuket’s most famous beach. Holiday Inn Resort Phuket is an oasis in the middle of Patong and is within walking distance to shopping, restaurants and night life and just steps away from the beach. 10 minutes away from Jungeceylon shopping center, Soi Bangla Nightlife, and Patong beach is just across the road.High speed internet is provided FREE of charge for hotels guests.Holiday Inn Resort Phuket is part of the world’s most recognized upper mid-scale brands, and it offers a fantastic choice with seven different room categories, separated in two distinctive wings. The contemporary-designed main wing is popular for its kids and family-friendly rooms and facilities. The resort is honored as a top 10 Family Resort in Asia by Tripadvisor. The Luxury Busakorn wing with Thai design offers spacious rooms with pool view or pool access in a tranquil pool and tropical garden environment appreciated by couples seeking a more intimate resort experience.Holiday Inn Resort Phuket is well-known for its excellent breakfast buffet and great value cuisine in the resort’s 4 restaurants. Holiday Inn Resort Phuket provides daily guest activities and dedicated kids facilities. A refreshing spa and several pools in tropical gardens give choices to relax or be active.At the heart of Patong, Holiday Inn Resort Phuket offers guests a warm Thai welcome, friendly service and total ease, simply Patong’s best Choice. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, IHG, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Phuket Hotel Patong
- Holiday Inn Phuket
- Holiday Inn Patong
- Patong Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Resort Phuket Patong