34 yr. old female traveler, used points for free room.
When you walk into the lobby, it is in my opinion, jawdropping and I reguarly stay at 4 & 5 star properties. The entire hotel is gorgeous, chic, well designed, great lighting, comfy. Staff is very helpful and prompt. We were in the main wing (other wing under construction) and the rooms also probably in the top 3 well designed rooms that I've stayed at (I should follow that by saying that I typically stay at chains (Four Seasons, Ritz, Hilton, Fairmont, etc) and unfortunately for me, have not had the pleasure of staying at design hotels) so my design opinion is limited in that sense. The room was so well appointed and the bathroom equally fantastic.
The lobby has a nice koi pond bar area plus a bar that overlooks the main drag, good people watching. There are other restaurants in the hotel, but we didn't eat at any. Everything is very well designed and modern.
The hotel has a great pool, frequented by more kids than I like to see, but such is life. However, they have a huge kids pool/area which keeps many of them away. sorry, i am not a kid person (yet).
The hotel is across the street from Patong Beach, so easy access to lots of fun activites like parasailing ($30 USD - really good) and jet ski. But dirty dirty beach. This area was fun for a first time in Phuket. But if I were to go back, I would maybe move over to the nicer beaches which are not near the action. But if I went back to Patong area, I would defn. stay here. Also stayed one night at Banthai Beach Resort, also nice, see my review - maybe more reasonable, did look into what the cost was here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- “Patong’s best choice for Everyday Travelers”Holiday Inn Resort Phuket, perfectly located in the heart of Patong, Phuket’s most famous beach. Holiday Inn Resort Phuket is an oasis in the middle of Patong and is within walking distance to shopping, restaurants and night life and just steps away from the beach. 10 minutes away from Jungeceylon shopping center, Soi Bangla Nightlife, and Patong beach is just across the road.High speed internet is provided FREE of charge for hotels guests.Holiday Inn Resort Phuket is part of the world’s most recognized upper mid-scale brands, and it offers a fantastic choice with seven different room categories, separated in two distinctive wings. The contemporary-designed main wing is popular for its kids and family-friendly rooms and facilities. The resort is honored as a top 10 Family Resort in Asia by Tripadvisor. The Luxury Busakorn wing with Thai design offers spacious rooms with pool view or pool access in a tranquil pool and tropical garden environment appreciated by couples seeking a more intimate resort experience.Holiday Inn Resort Phuket is well-known for its excellent breakfast buffet and great value cuisine in the resort’s 4 restaurants. Holiday Inn Resort Phuket provides daily guest activities and dedicated kids facilities. A refreshing spa and several pools in tropical gardens give choices to relax or be active.At the heart of Patong, Holiday Inn Resort Phuket offers guests a warm Thai welcome, friendly service and total ease, simply Patong’s best Choice. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, IHG, Tingo, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, TripOnline SA, Venere and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Phuket Hotel Patong
- Holiday Inn Phuket
- Holiday Inn Patong
- Patong Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Resort Phuket Patong