“Big hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Resort Phuket

You added Holiday Inn Resort Phuket to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Resort Phuket
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   52 Thaweewong Rd | Patong Beach, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #4 of 278 Hotels in Patong
4.5 of 5 stars 2,441 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
“Big hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

This is a really big hotel with great facilities to match like amazing swimming pool. The room was nice with a cool view and overall perfect condition. The staff working here are smiley and friendly and very helpful.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
layberry, Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Phuket, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Dear "Irene W"

Thank you for sharing your review. It is great to note that you have really appreciated the standard of the guest rooms, the overall resort facilities and the excellent service from the team. WE hope to see you back again soon!

morgan@holidayinn-phuket.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (570)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Kochi , India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

Even though the hotel is 25 years old it is maintained like a new one. .
I had come across one of the best Front office executive. .. Peter from Vienna who was in charge of the front desk when we checked in .. courteous ..helpful. .pleasant. .efficient. .. kudos to him.. he got great future in Hospitality industry. .
Try the Sams Grill.. great steak...nice staff.
Good breakfast. .

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Dear "Sibikthomas2001"

Thank you for taking the time to share your very kind review and I am delighted that you have had such a great stay! Your overall feedback is greatly appreciated, but especially your comments on the high standard of Sam's Restaurant and the excellent service you received from "Peter from Vienna" which I will most certainly share with him and his team. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Seoul
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

I stayed 4 nights at Holiday Inn Resort Phuket Busakorn wing studio room with my family.
Overall, not so luxuries, but enough for family.

[Pros]
- Excellent pool. They have lots of pools. Main wing pool, busakorn wing pool, kids club pool, etc.
- Great location. Located in Patong. Everything you want is accessible. Patong beach is located just across road. Nevertheless, the hotel room was quite.

[Cons]
- Breakfast. I read many reviews saying their breakfast was good, but I think It is not good compared to other 5-star hotel's breakfast not only the quantity but also the quality of food.
- Concierge service. It was not so helpful, Further more there is no air-conditioned waiting space.
- The room was need to be renovated.
- Bathroom was too small. And No bath tube!
- Amenity was not good.
- Dinner at cafe Breeze was very disappointed. There were fewer food even compared to the breakfast.
- A lot of mosquitoes in the room. My kids was bitten several times.
- All the places in the hotel are smoking area including the pool! I hate smoking!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear "Sungil C"

Thank you for taking the time to share such constructive and detailed feedback and it is great to note that, overall, you have enjoyed your stay. I would like to highlight that Holiday Inn as a brand is well positioned as "four star" and while we consider Holiday Inn Resort Phuket to be at the upper end of the four star scale, we are not and do not claim to be a five star resort.

All of your comments are valid and very well received for our further consideration and action, and I will be sure to share your review in detail with my colleagues and team members to help us in delivering a great and comfortable experience to all of our guest moving forward.

Please do stay in touch if you are planning another visit to Phuket and let me know if there is ever anything with which I may help.

Cairns, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

We (2A and 1 child) stayed at the Holiday Inn Resort Phuket for 6 nights in April. We love this hotel. We were in room in the newly refurbished rooms with 2 double beds. The 2 pools were great and the restaurants served good quality food. We ate at the breakfast buffet daily and were never disappointed. There was always a good selection of food to choose from.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear "Disney2007"

Thank you for your "excellent" review and I am really happy to read that you and your family have so enjoyed your stay! It is great to note that you liked the newly renovated rooms and I will be sure to share with the team your comments with regards the excellent pool facilities and the high standard of dining throughout the resort. Please stay in touch when you are planning your next visit and let us know how we can assist!

Durban, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

An overall excellent stay, very welcoming resort... Stayed at the Busakorn wing...rooms on second level slightly dated (ceilings need a good paint), but I also understand that this wing is to undergo refurbishment. Food excellent, staff friendly ....plenty of options outside the hotel as well. Very well situated. One criticism that I have is that many of the pool users were from the main hotel ..clogging up many of the loungers, hence preventing Busakorn guests from using pool.

Stayed May 2014
Dear "Tolpad"

Thank you for taking the time to share your review and I am delighted that, overall, you have enjoyed your stay and have found the location to be so convenient and the food and the service to be of a high standard. Your feedback with regards the use of the sun-loungers is well noted and while this remains an on-going concern for the comfort and convenience of all of our guests, we will continue to try to manage this as best we can. We do hope you will have the opportunity to travel and stay with us again soon!

2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

After reading all the reviews, we decided to pay more and stay in busakorm Wing pool view room. However was really disappointed. We took almost a hour to check in as I forgotten to bring the credit card that is used to booked the hotel although it has been fully paid. They gave us a connecting room which is connected by a door next door. Next door on the tv n we can hear it loud n clear. Even their conversation so clearly. They come back back at 3am n was really noisy. We are glad that they finally checked out the next day. However while I and my baby was having a nap the next day, we can hear the chambermaid cleaning the room loudly n later a family checked in noisily, there gone my nap. At night we came back at 9pm n guess wat? We receive a call from hotel saying neighbor complaining us too noisy as 9pm is sleeping time. I am really mad, why gave me a non sound proof room n complaint us. Another incident, chambermaid took away all my washed laundry which I wrapped in towel. They only manage to retrieve part of it n I have to further made a few calls to chase all my clothings. I am here for holiday not here to get complain n search for my lost laundry. Really mad that I have to rewash all clothing for nothing.

Stayed April 2014
Dear "Lim S"

Thank you for sharing your review and I am sorry that you experienced some disturbance from your neighbor during your stay and that there were some additional issues with your laundry and the speed of check-in for you and your family. All of your comments are very well noted for our further action and I do appreciate that you have taken the time to highlight the details for my attention. I do hope that, otherwise, you and your family enjoyed your stay in Patong and if there is ever anything in the future with which I can help, please feel free to contact me directly at morgan@holidayinn-phuket.com

Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

This is our third time here and we are a family of four staying 10 nights this time. We stay in the main wing and we love it. The location we think is great as you are right in the heart of the action, opposite the beach but when inside the resort you wouldn't know how busy it is outside.

From the moment we arrived we are welcomed and checked in straight away from the friendly and helpful reception staff and shown to our room, which has just been tastefully redecorated. The new beds are just so comfortable and had no problems sleeping. The buffet breakfast is great with a huge selection of foods. We also enjoyed happy hour in The Bar most nights before having dinner. We have eaten at the Charm Thai and the Terrazo restaurants and both restaurants serve great food at reasonable prices.
As I have two girls one aged 10 and another 16 they used both kids clubs , the one for under 12's and the one for the older kids ( the kids club for under 12's is fantastic for the younger kids as the staff are just fantastic in there Thanks Aussie. My daughter is just getting a little to old for this one now ) but she used the older kids club more this time.
We love the pools and the pool service that the resort offers and we love the fact that as a family on a budget we can bring drinks from outside and they will supply ice buckets and glasses full of ice on request.
Lastly what we love as a family is the staff here from the reception staff, The cleaners to the pools guys and the waiting staff they can't do enough for you . If you have a problem or a question they do whatever they can to help, if they can't help straight away they will get back to you as soon as they can.
A special thanks to the Manager Sandra and her 2ic Morgan who always made an effort to say hello and see how we are going and if there is anything that they could do for us, so thanks guys for another fantastic visit. We hope to be back.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear "MichaelandTina"

Thank you for your "fantastic" review and I am really pleased that you and your family have had such an enjoyable stay with us! It is great to note that you have found the location to be so convenient, the rooms so comfortable and the dining options throughout the resort to be of such a high standard in every area. Your further comments on the kid's club are greatly appreciated and I will be sure to share your feedback with regards the excellent service from all the staff with the team. We look forward to seeing you all back again soon!

morgan@holidayinn-phuket.com

Been to Holiday Inn Resort Phuket? Share your experiences!