“A perfect place to end a perfect holiday!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Resort Phuket

You added Holiday Inn Resort Phuket to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Resort Phuket
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   52 Thaweewong Rd | Patong Beach, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #4 of 286 Hotels in Patong
Pyeongtaek, South Korea
“A perfect place to end a perfect holiday!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

I'll admit it. We splurged. We decided to stay at the Patong Holiday Inn, Busakorn wing. It was almost the end of our 3 week holiday and we wanted to be spoiled. Boy, did we ever pick the right place. Admittedly, this hotel is not cheap by Thai standards. ($250 per night.) You will soon forget that you are spending that much when you settle in to your room.

Upon entering the lobby you are immediately aware that you have arrived at a 4+ star resort. You are warmly greeted by all the staff, and before you can blink you are checked-in and receiving a mini tour on the way to your suite. The building and the grounds are immaculate, the Busakorn pool is absolutely beautiful with fountains, plenty of loungers and a swim up bar. The Restaraunt overlooks the pool.

The suites are beautifully appointed, spotlessly clean, and very luxurious. The toilet is separate from the shower. There is the standard cups, glasses, dishes, flatware, etc. Surprisingly, there is NO mini-bar. This explained by a sign string that they have surveyed their guests who overwhemgly support stocking their own refrigerator. In a way, I agree. However, after a night of revelry, sometimes it's nice to know that there is a night in the fridge. Anyhow.... The bed was fantastic with both firm and soft pillows. There is a small balcony overlooking the pool. The TV reception was perfect and there was a large selection of multi-language channels.

The breakfast buffet: All I can say is it is almost as good as the buffets on cruise ships. Large selection and made to order eggs. The staff is ever aware of you and if they think you need something, they'll be at your table immediately.

The only negative thing we experienced was this; my wife saw staff with a cart of plated assorted fruits. I asked her where ours was and she said they didn't bring any. I suggested she call reception and inform them. When she called she was informed that, "the fruit is only for VIPs." Well, considering that we just spent the equivalent of the average Thai monthly salary, I would have thought that made us a "little" important. Oh well. Nevermind.

If you have a choice, choose a suite in the Busakorn wing above the third floor.

• Stayed December 2012
layberry, Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Phuket, responded to this review, December 16, 2012
Dear "Michael P"

Thank you for taking the time to share such a detailed and thoughtful review. It is great to read that you had such an enjoyable stay with us, and your comments with regards the warmth of the staff, the appointment of the rooms and the quality and variety of the breakfast buffet are most gratefully received. I do apologize that the communication with regards the fruits was a little blunt, but I would like to assure you that when you next stay with us you will most definitely receive a daily amenity. In this regard, please keep me as a point of contact for your next booking and let me know in the meantime if there is anything else with which I can help.

Executive Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (626)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
tokyo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Just spent 2 weeks in the Busakorn wing and cant speak more highly of the service. Travel alot and stay at 5 star hotels around the world but not been treated with as much warmth as this place before. Outstanding effort from the staff. Morgan Layberry also very helpful in making sure everything went smoothly. Recommend for families, great pool, convenient location ... good food options ... great pool.
tks to everybody there for a great holiday.
will be back for sure.

Room Tip: busakorn wing is apparently alot better than the main wing.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear "jjjTokyo"

Thank you for taking the time to share such positive feedback with us and I am really pleased that you enjoyed your stay in the Busakorn Wing. In particular, your kind comments with regards the service received from all the staff are very much appreciated and I will be sure to share your review with the team here.

I hope to see you back again soon at Holiday Inn Resort Phuket - please let me know in the meantime if there is ever anything with which I can help.

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

We stayed at the main wing for 4 nights and travelled as a family with 3 kids. Reception staff had been very polite and friendly, we were pleasantly surprised when she even brought us personally to our rooms. Our kids enjoyed the pools very much and were always looking forward to going to the kids' club. Staff in the kids' club were friendly unfortunately their programs were mostly free play and the structured activities which were allocated (eg 'pass the parcel' ) took up very little time ( like 5 min). The toys were also not varied and puzzles quite worn out. Overall, we were very happy with the hotel service and experience but felt that more can be done to improve the Kids' club programs.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear "48HTLee"

Thank you for your review and your comments about the great service from our front desk team are very gratefully received. I am pleased that overall you and your family had an enjoyable stay with us and your feedback on the Kid's Club is well noted and I will follow up accordingly.

I hope to see you back again soon at Holiday Inn Resort Phuket

australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I have just returned from a 7 night stay in the main wing.I have stayed there 3 times 2009,2010 and 2012. The room was great, room service good, prices in resort food,drinks etc good value . They have a great Happy Hour in the newly refurbished lounge area. Panda in the lounge is just great remembers your drinks as soon as you walk in. Great serrvice all round from cleaning to reception. I cannot not fault this hotel great value. Close to shops 10 min to bangla road. Beach across road. I found that nothing was to hard for the staff good english and always helpful. Also just outside Holiday Inn just to right is a Tuk Tuk driver by the name of Tommy. I have used him on all my trips. Great knowledge of Phuket sights and gives great price for day hire. Also he speaks relly good english. Thanks to the Holiday Inn for a great stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
layberry, Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Phuket, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear "salstar"

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback with us and I am delighted that the staff in all areas have clearly delivered a memorable experience and quality service. I will share your very positive feedback with all of the team here.

I do hope to be able to welcome you back again to Holiday Inn Resort Phuket. Please stay in touch when you are planning your next trip and let us know if there is anything with which we can help.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

Stayed for 4 nights in main wing. Excellent location, hardly few mins walk to Bangla street.

Pros : location, food and service

Cons : Rooms are ok, not very plus.

Busan wing is very superior. Must recommend for Busan wing.

• Stayed November 2012
Dear "Prashant S"

Thank you for kind review, and I am pleased that you were happy with the quality of the food and service in particular. Your recommendation of the Busakorn Wing rooms is also greatly appreciated.

I hope to be able to welcome you back again to Holiday Inn Resort Phuket.

Rotterdam, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

If you are looking for a good hotel in the center of Patong Beach then we can recommend this hotel. We stayed here 3 nights (22 till 24 November). We had room 411. The room was fine with all what you can expect from a middle class hotel. The bathroom was small, had a shower and no bath but this did not bother us. The beds were very good.
During our stay the bar and 1 restaurant was clossed because of renovation. The swimming pool and sun-bed area was not big and adjecent to the noisy beach road. Although the management tried to avoid the sun bed reservations by putting up some signs, it did not work. Early in the morning many guests dropped a towel on a bed and went away.
The breakfast was very good with a wide selection of food. In general the restaurants were much to expensive and offered no value for money.
The beach was generaly very crowded and had 4 rows of sun chairs and parasols. We did not like it. During the day and night the beach road is full of traffic and very noisy. I would not stay here again although the hotel and staff is ok.

Room Tip: Don't ask for a sea view room, because of the palm trees you cannpot see the sea and this side o...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear "Fred_1956085"

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback with us and I am pleased that overall you were happy with the hotel and the staff. I am sorry that you were not able to make use of Sam's Restaurant and The Bar during your stay, but I appreciate your positive comments about the quality of the breakfast. Your concern with regards the reservation of the sun-loungers is well noted.

Please feel free to keep me as a direct point of contact if you do ever decide to return to Patong and in the meantime please let me know if there is ever anything with which I can help.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

We just returned from a 6 night stay in the main wing (interconnecting rooms). Stayed with our children who are 5 and 9. Kids club was a hit with both and they both made great friends in the kids club and the pool. Breakfast was included in our package and was excellent. Choice was fabulous. Great touch with the themed plastic ware especially for he kids (hello kitty). Main pool was very clean, great service around the pool. Don't miss the yellow curry at the Thai restaurant at the other side entrance (I ate his twice!). Location is fabulous, each across the road, walk right outside to the many shops. Free wifi, although I found patchy within our rooms, was perfect by the pool. I highly recommend this hotel and will stay here again. Staff were very friendly and helpful. New bar opened during our stay which is a great spot. Love this place!

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
layberry, Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Phuket, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Dear "Suzanne G"

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and I am really pleased to read that you and your family enjoyed your stay so much, and especially the Kid's Club and facilities. Your comments about the quality of the food are greatly appreciated and I will share your feedback with the team.

I hope to welcome you all back again soon to Holiday Inn Resort Phuket.

Executive Assistant Manager

Been to Holiday Inn Resort Phuket? Share your experiences!