“A fabulous holiday, yet again” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Resort Phuket

You added Holiday Inn Resort Phuket to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Resort Phuket
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   52 Thaweewong Rd | Patong Beach, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #4 of 285 Hotels in Patong
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Australia
“A fabulous holiday, yet again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

This was the fourth or fifth time we have stayed at the Holiday Inn for a 2 week holiday in Phuket. We keep coming back to the same place because we love it. We always stay in the Busakorn wing. The rooms are big and the beds are super comfortable. The staff at the resort are friendly, nothing is too much trouble. The breakfast is great, however this was the first time we found the chefs were unable to cook eggs to our liking. Their grasp of English was poor and we were unable to request satisfactory cooking of the eggs. We do have eggs every morning at home so this was a small issue for us, but it may not be an issue for others. This slight problem did not warrant reducing the star rating. All the restaurants are great, the food is excellent and the restaurant staff were most helpful. Can't wait to go back. We are priviledged to have already had 2 holidays there this year.

Room Tip: If you are going without children, we suggest a stay in the Busakorn wing. It is more expensive, but...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
layberry, Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Phuket, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Dear "FayAustralia"

Thank you for taking the time to share such a detailed review with us. It is always especially great to read that our returning guests have enjoyed their stay and I am really pleased that you were so happy with your room and, in particular, the service from all of the staff. Thanks also for the positive comments about the quality of breakfast, and we will most definitely review the training for our "Egg Chefs".

I hope to see you back again soon at Holiday Inn Resort Phuket - please stay in touch and let me know if there is ever anything with which I can help.

Executive Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (621)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

We stayed here for 1 night between Chaing Mai and ferry to Koh Phi Phi. Check in was good and staff were friendly. Room was superior room on 3rd floor and was very modern and nice. We were uncertain what the room was going to be like due to some of the reviews we read on here but were pleasantly surprised.

The hotel arrange for a cake with candles to be delivered to our room for our anniversay which was a very nice touch.

The hotel is a good location with beach across the street, restaurants and stores all nearby. The pool area is nice and clean however we never swam. We had great seafood dinner just a walk away down the street. Nice bar area right at the street as well.

We did laundry on the 2nd floor - self service, watch the hours it is open until though. This was much cheaper option than having it done for you. You pay for tokens at reception.

Overall happy with the room/hotel however felt more like a large chain hotel experience we would get at home compared to the hotels in Chaing Mai we stayed at (very personalized service in Chaing Mai). Also most hotels we stayed at in Thailand had breakfast included in the price where the Holiday Inns did not (stayed at Holiday Inn Phi Phi as well). The price and experience would be comparable to home for us. Felt was not as good of value for money we spent in Thailand compared to our other accommodations.

Room Tip: Had 3rd floor superior room and it was nice and modern.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
layberry, Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Phuket, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Dear "Stu G"

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. It is great that overall you had an enjoyable stay and liked the hotel and the accommodation, however your comments with regards the 'personalized' service are well received and we will discuss this further with the team here at the hotel. We do have a number of different stay options available (with breakfast, without breakfast etc...) and if you are planning another trip to Phuket, please feel free to contact me directly and I can make sure that we organize your reservation with all of your requirements in place.

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back soon to Holiday Inn Resort Phuket.

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

Stayed for 14 nights at the Busakorn wing private villa's. I managed to book the wrong room via the web site, this was quickly rectified by the check in staff on arrival. The staff are great helpful and friendly. Some of the staff even remembered us from our previous visit a year ago. This a great hotel for central Patong close to beach and all the shops no need for Tuk Tuks or taxis. The breakfast is excellent but you have to be patient with some of the staff as there English skills are not great but this adds to the experience. A great relaxing holiday but close to the madness that is Patong!

Room Tip: Choose a Busakorn wing room.
Dear "andyb40"

Thanks for the very positive review and feedback. It is always great to see our guests returning to the hotel and I am pleased that you have been well looked after by the reception staff and that you liked the Busakorn Wing rooms.

I hope to see you back again at Holiday Inn Resort Phuket - please stay in touch and let me know if there is ever anything with which I can help.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012 via mobile

My wife and i stayed here in a pool access room for 5 nights for our 25 anniversary. I would reccomend this resort and location to anyone who is looking for everything. Quiet days by the pool drinking beer or cocktails or running amok on Bangla Rd at night. Staff were excellent, room was cleaned when we went for breakfast, the breakfast is one of the best you will get anywhere

• Stayed November 2012
Dear "Whippsn8tr"

Thank you for taking the time to share such a positive review and I am pleased to read that you had a great stay with us during your anniversary. Your very kind comments with regards the breakfast and especially the staff are gratefully received and I will be sure to share your feedback with the team here at the hotel.

I hope to be able to welcome you back again to Holiday Inn Resort Phuket.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012 via mobile

It was my 4th time here. I've stayed twice in a superior room (also this time) and twice in a pool villa.
Again, I've loved this place. Every employee, without exception, was friendly, smiling and helpful. It started with the check-in with lovely Gibsy. She made us feel at home instantly. She even showed us our room personally, which I always enjoy after a tiring journey.
More positive points that this hotel deserves an award for:
- once I sat alone in the lobby at night, eating a crepe from an outside crepe stand. As soon as I had finished and gotten up, looking for a waste bin, a cleaning guy from the hotel approached me and offered to take it and throw it away. It's the small things that count!
- I was worried about our very early departure because we would miss the breakfast buffet which we loved. When I settled the bill on the evening before, I didn't mention it. The reception lady seemed to read my mind: she asked whether we would like a free breakfast delivered to our room early in the morning! Or whether we would prefer a take-away breakfast box. So we ordered to our room everything we wanted and it was delivered exactly on time, at 5.30 am! Incredible. Another thing I like about Thai people and the Holiday Inn; their punctuality and reliability. Also when I ordered the wake-up call I knew they would get it right despite language difficulties. I have just returned from a week in Punta Cana and I couldn't trust half the people there. So this is something you can choose Thailand for!
I'll be back at the Holiday Inn, also because their breakfast buffet is very good for European, Asian and American guests: there's something for everyone.
Besides: my favorite Italian restaurant in Phuket is their own 'Terrazzo'.

• Stayed November 2012
Dear "LosAngeles2009"

Thank you for sharing such a detailed and thoughtful review. It is really great to read that you have been well looked after by all of the staff here and I will share your feedback with the management team accordingly, and with special mention to "Gibsy" and the Terrazzo team!

Please stay in touch when you are planning your next trip to Phuket and let me know if there is anything with which I can help.

California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

We're staying at Holiday Inn Resort Patongright now for 3 nights. I've read a lot about how wonderful the rooms at Busakorn Wing are. We reserved a superior room at main wing and wondered how it would be.
We got a room on 5th floor. The room is so nice, very clean, specious, and modern. There is a small balcony where we could have a little sea view. I've never stayed in Busakorn Wing so cannot make comparison. But I think you would not be disappointed with the room in Main Wing.
The location of the hotel is fabulous, near the beach with all shops, restaurants and all kind of services you might need. Walking to Jungceylon shopping center is about 10-15 mins.
We had breakfast included in our rate and enjoyed various choces of food every day. We also had dinner at Charm Thai restaurant a few times. Being a Thai person, I can say that Thai food here is really delicious. Also the price is very reasonable.
The staff here is professional, friendly and polite. They would do whatever they can to make you have a happy stay. The hotel gave us a lovely cake as it was our wedding anniversary. We didn't expect that, so it's a nice surprise. We appreciate that a lot.
I would not hesitate to recommend Holiday Inn Resort Patong to anyone who would come to enjoy themselves in Phuket.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear "jasmine53"

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind feedback with us. It is great to read that you liked not only the rooms in the Main Wing, but also the Charm Thai restaurant and the service received from the staff throughout the hotel. I will be sure to share your comments with all concerned.

I hope to be able to welcome you back again soon to Holiday Inn Resort Phuket.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

we had read tripadvisor reviews for hotels in phuket and bangkok and found them to be very useful. hence inspired to write my own.

it is a really good resort hotel. we had booked kids suite and it was really cute. our 6 yr old twins had a blast. a corner of the room is enclosed and made into kids sleeping area with bunk beds. it had cartoon themed wall paper and doremon blankets. they loved it. what they also loved was the DVD player with DVDs and XBOX. my son had a blast.

then there are 2 kids pool and a kids club. the 1st day they enjoyed the pool and wanted bubble bath in the tub when they returned to the room - i was not carrying it - but to our pleasent surprise house keeping had kept a kids pouch in the BR with bubble bath, talc, shampoo and body lotion in it. another day we took them to the club, they did art & craft and watched Barney DVD, they were there for almost 3 hrs. you can leave them in the club (if they r above 5yrs old) and pick them up for lunch or they can have lunch there, u can order from room service menu.

their B/F is also very good. again there are doremon and hello kitty plates for the kids. international,indian and local cuisines all were available. indian options were not so good but u can survive. the breads and salad section is also very good.

the location is right on the beach. just across the rd is patong beach. the local markets and loads of food outlets are with in walkable distance. whether in the room, or in the resort or out of it, we had a great time.

the only bad thing was that there was no taxi available to take us to the airport at 4.30 am. (not very sure how the situation is during the day, coz u dont see a lot of meter taxis there) had to take the hotel car which was TBH 1200 where as a meter taxi would have cost approx TBH 500 to 600. may be u can strike a deal with the driver of your cab who drops u from the airport to the hotel but at your own risk.

Room Tip: they have family suites as well but kids suite r real value for money. also family suites will be be...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear "Shweta S"

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed and kind review. It is great to read that you (and most importantly your kids!) had a great stay with us and enjoyed the Kid's Suite, the breakfast and the other facilities. Your comments with regards the taxi service in the early morning are well noted.

I hope to be able to welcome you back again soon to Holiday Inn Resort Phuket.

Executive Assistant Manager

Been to Holiday Inn Resort Phuket? Share your experiences!