“Great Location and great pool” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Burasari Resort

You added Burasari Resort to your Saves list
Burasari Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   18/110 Ruamjai Road, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand   |
Special Offer
Free for direct bookings!
Ranked #12 of 285 Hotels in Patong
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Great Location and great pool”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

We stayed at Burasari Resort for 10 nights and really enjoyed it. The location is wonderful. 2 min walk to he beach, 10 mins walk to Bangla Road and is central to all great cafes, bars and shopping strips.
The only thing we didn't like, was the drainage for the shower was a bit iffy. The water would link out of the shower (we had a shower in the bath), and the water would run along the bathroom floor to the drain pipe, however the floor was not angled correctly so the bathroom floor would flood every time we had a shower, nothing a few towels didn't fix.
We enjoyed the buffet breakfast and the room service was excellent.
If we stay again we would prefer a room on the bottom level with pool access, however being on the 3rd level gave us a good excuse to walk to stairs each da to walk off the buffet breakfast!
Also there is no towel racks for people on the top floor to hang your clothes on the balcony during the day.

Room Tip: Choose the pool access room.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (512)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Newcastle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Am currently staying in Burasari now (Nov 2012). I find the hotel to be clean and comfortable with helpful staff. The food in the restaurant I think is very ordinary and overpriced. There are plenty of good inexpensive restaurants to be found in the area that serve better quality meals.
In saying this I do think the breakfast is very good. Should you be traveling solo be aware the hotel will charge 1500 Baht for any guest that enters your room after 9pm. Also the hotel is on the southern end of Patong beach and about 10-15 minutes walk to Bangla Road.
Overall I am enjoying my stay.

Room Tip: The Premier room on 1st floor above the pool is very nice.
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Burasari was situated at a very convenient location. We are so near to the beach, restaurants, and shops. The cost is definitely higher than a lot of places we can find in Phuket, but for the convenience and quality of the room, it is totally worth it. The pool is great too. I would definitely stay here again when I come back to Phuket.

Room Tip: all the roms are good, they are all facing the pool. but if you want even more convenience, get the...
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Was here for a 2-day stay, invited by a friend.

I have eaten in the Burasari restaurant a few times before (name is Kantok if I remember correctly) and the food is very good. Wondered what the rest of the hotel is like and now I had the chance.

Rooms are old, or at least the one I had was old. It was a key room (Premier) as opposed to some of the keyCARD rooms I saw in other sections of the hotel. Those might have been updated.

I have 2 cell phones and both were dead inside my room, no connection - couldnt call/sms and no internet connection either. Had to go out on the balcony to make a phonecall. The Burasari's free wifi internet is possibly one of the slowest I have had in a hotel. It showed 1 notch on the strength of signal, both on computer and cell phone. That was a very bad first impression and a room like this is useless in my book.

Room is pretty small and dated, with a very old tv showing that now its time for a makeover. It has a dark and tired feel to it. Looking out the balcony screen doors, the neighboring building is 7-8 meters away. The bathroom is fine and usable, about the kind of bathroom I would expect after seeing the room itself. I must say this is one of the more depressing rooms I have seen and is definitely not something I would ever recommend to friends, travelling thousands of miles for a happy holiday. The whole room experience is just too....yes, unhappy.

Everything in the minibar is free - sodas, water, couple of beers. This seem to be an ongoing trend in Patong, with more hotels offering free minibar which is refilled every day. I like that

The hotel looks nice inside, lots of flowers/trees and a nice pool environment. Still, its dated.

The staff is very helpful and friendly, no argument there. Needed some help with xtra water, a phonecall etc. and everything was done promptly.

Location is good - far enough away from the noise but close enough to where 'things are happening'.

For me, this hotel is a '1-visit-hotel' though. Not a place I will return to again, not least because of the problems with phone connection. Price paid was around 3.500 baht/night

Room Tip: Premier room is very dark and boring.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

This by far the best of the three hotels I stayed in at Patong. It was quiet, relaxing, and the rooms were well appointed and charming. The value is good and the location is not far from anything. I particularly liked the pools as they were surrounded by foliage and had the sound of birds (partially provided by the resident pet parrot) to help me relax. A great place to stay in Patong. Minor point is that the bath was starting to look a bit dated but this was only a minor point.

• Stayed November 2012
Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Good location, literally two minutes walk from the beach.

the ambiance and setting of the hotel is fabulous while the food, service and location is far better than most hotels i have traveled to in Phuket.

light on the pocket and good for the heart.

The bathrooms are not the best but are comfortable and clean

Room Tip: Mood room is the best
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

Shocking!!!!!!! We booked an elite pool access room Over 8 months before I stay.... Find myself checking in to a room that is not ours! Downgraded to street room that was very loud! No apollogy and no explanation! I was so upset! My partner had to ask for compensation! Which was a dinner that we were made to feel very uncomfortable! Lady by the name of Pam was very rude! Not to mention running after us after the meal for 70 baht because we had a water and drinks were not included in meal

Hotel stinks! Worst smell in the whole of patong! Worse in the eating areas too. Partner got very sick so we had room service and I placed it outside as advised my staff. However when I left my room to go to pharmacy I found a cat eating the left overs! Staff had very poor English!!!! I explained to lady at desk about cat and she said ohhh why you no like cat!

The hotel would be nothing without the spa! Oam was lovey! :)

Overall very dissapointing :(

• Stayed November 2012

Been to Burasari Resort? Share your experiences!