“Unproffessional Management” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Patong Beach Hotel

Save Saved
You added Patong Beach Hotel to your Saves list
Patong Beach Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   124 Taweewongse Road | Patong Beach, Phuket, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand   |
Ranked #48 of 262 hotels in Patong
Newcastle, Australia
“Unproffessional Management”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel a few times and have always enjoyed my time there. My parents came with me this time. The rooms were great and they were exactly what we requested. However the smell around them is disgusting..like raw sewerage. At one of the entrances to our room...there was a pool filter left laying around. ( A spare perhaps? but not in use) My Mother actually tripped over the wheel sticking out and had a bad fall including breaking her collar bone. The staff were absolutely brilliant in helping her and I have nothing but praise for them. I spoke to the manager and showed her where the filter was and how it was a hazard etc...I also spoke to her about the disgusting smell. She wrote things down...but nothing changed for the rest of our stay. This manger is new to the hotel and to me is very inexperienced and not very people friendly. The food was beautiful. The breakfasts were amazing however not once were my parents able to get a good hot cup of tea...they were always just luke warm....each time they asked for hot...they were told that it was broken nothing could be done...very trivial I know..but we paid good money for these rooms.The weather was atrocious...not the hotels fault I know..but having a bad experience in bad weather made it all seem worse. The sewerage out the front was overflowing which made the smell worse. I wrote them an email to express my concerns when I got back...all they said was next time you come we will give you a free upgrade? I dont think so...wont be staying there again. If im going to pay good money for a hotel ...I want...a good hotel which has more professional and people friendly management.Must be the only tourist hotel that doesnt offer free wifi..very expensive to buy and not very reliable.

Room Tip: if you do choose to stay here.Go for one in the tower so you dont have to put up with the disgusting...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

659 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Budapest, Hungary
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

We stayed 7 night in this hotel last November.
It is very well located with an average service and average food.
We received an old room in a wing which has not been refurbished recently. As the room was on the 2nd floor, the view over the beach was blocked by lots of trees.
The cleanliness is not their strongest side, but it was just okay for us.
The unbrella placed in room was a nice touch on rainy nights.
All in all, it was a good holiday - due to the excursions we made - but we would not stay here again next time travelling to Phuket/Patong.

Room Tip: Request rooms in the wing recently refurbished - with possible view of the sea.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Mumbai (Bombay), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

We stayed for 4 nights in this hotel in August.
The pros:
- Very good location - just opposite to the beach, 3 mins walk to Bangla Road, Jungceylon
- Good room view in Sunset Wing - High floors
- Very good pool
- Average Service

The cons:
- To top the list is the bathroom design! The washbasin sucks as there is no space between the basin and the tap! The bathtub does not have a hand shower and the bathroom is overall very small
- The room is small too.. Guess 38 sqm is including the balcony!
- Though the Sunset wing view has ocean view, it is partial as there are many trees that block the view. We were on 7th floor. the hotel has 10 floors
- Breakfast was average.. Same dishes everyday with a bit of variation
- Bell boys are more friendly than the reception staff

Holiday Inn or other similar hotel would be a smart choice with same amount you'd spend!

Room Tip: If you are going for Sea view room, choose Sunset wing but the 9th or 10th floor
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Port Fairy, Victoria, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

My husband and I stayed here in august 2013 and I stayed here last year with my then 12 yr old son. I would certainly stay here again. I like the rooms with the best biggest king bed and the pool is always clean and cool. The breakfast is great with many choices. I always use the gym and find it clean and although simple it is good and clean with iced drinking water awaiting, I love the treadmill looking over the pool. The beach is right across the road and all the shops are nearby. It is easy to get around Patong from this central but in the thick of it location. The crepe lady at the end of the driveway is the best in Patong. There is a man who parks at the front of the banana walk with a gold colored 4wd taxi Mr Paphran, he is a great driver and speaks English very well and he does airport transfers for 800 baht. We use him for all our drives other than when using a tuk tuk. at night. the food ordered by the pool is great and very well priced. I really like the Patong Beach Hotel and will stay here again.

Room Tip: sunrise wing rooms on the ground floor have direct pool access.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 7 nights in march. It has the best location, on the beach and a block away from awesome shopping. Room was almost new, only downer was our view was a roof next door but we had a great balcony and overlooked one of the hotels pools. Breakfast was brilliant! Had a huge quality selection. Room service was quick, quality but cheap. Had our clothes laundered and was all perfect! Mini bar was cheap as well and restocked daily for us. Shower is AMAZING with seperate huge bath. Aircon Ice cold. Can't recommend them enough, wouldn't stay anywhere else in Phuket, be back for sure!!

• Stayed March 2013
Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Checked in on a Friday afternoon for a weekend away from BKK, room small for price bit like a fancy box decorated. Amenities worked well only concern is the toilet is in a cupboard facing the bed and room so don’t eat too many garlic prawns for dinner and the floor next to the hand towel rail has a small area of stones between tiled areas which you tend to step on and it hurts.
Breakfast area struggles to cope with morning traffic and nearly all areas are for smoking with an open floor plan which really does not help for those who do not smoke

We found the reception pushy for payment on anything extra i.e. Taxi rather demanding in fact! Thousand Baht too Phuket Airport and the Limo from the Airport was 700?

As a couple we booked two shows via their Travel Service which simply does not know their product, in one case we were told no cameras as they are Illegal and on the second show the driver we had to argue to get a lift back to the hotel even when we produced our Taxi Ticket with his Van Number. After discussing with the Travel Service a rather laid back approach even after w discussed in Thai that everyone else had a camera to take pictures?

We speak Thai fluently and were disappointed for the price of the Hotel, I would not stay here again as we feel alternatives for the same price are close by.

Room Tip: Delux rooms above six floor are facing the sea
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

My wife & I recently stayed here for 8 nights. The staff, room & location were excellent. I could't fault the hotel at all would recommend it as an excellent place to stay. we have been to Patong Beach several times and so far this has been the best one we have stayed. It is set back from the main road so it is very quiet of a night but is close to shopping & night life.

Room Tip: Rooms in sunrise wing are newer
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Patong Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!