“I am happy with the stay BUT......” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Patong Beach Hotel

Save Saved
You added Patong Beach Hotel to your Saves list
Patong Beach Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   124 Taweewongse Road | Patong Beach, Phuket, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand   |
Ranked #50 of 261 hotels in Patong
“I am happy with the stay BUT......”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

My friend and I stayed at the patong beach hotel from the 13 th of September to the 19th. The location was great not having to catch a taxi/tuk tuk around patong. The buffe breakfast was amazing and also room service food was well priced come in large servings.

The staff are very attentive and very helpfully with all inquires. I would like to shout out to the pregnant waitress working in the restaurant for being the most beautiful and helpful worker at the hotel.

The only reason I will not return to the hotel is that I had to pay 1500 bat if I brought a girl home with me. I payed good money to have my own room and if I have a guest why should I pay that amount of money. If you are single and wanting to take full avantage of bangerla rd don't stay here.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

646 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

Our room was in the Siam wing of the hotel. Our balcony overlooked the dumpster area of another hotel, not good but we didn't spend any time out there, so it didn't matter to us. Our room was clean when we arrived and was cleaned everyday except for the toilet, I dont think they mopped the toilet or even cleaned it properly it always smelt of urine. The buffet breakfast was good, always lots of selections and it had different hot food served everyday. I was a little annoyed with the wifi I paid for. I went up and brought an hours worth for 300 baht and then the next couple of days did the same until the 2nd last day when it was suggested I buy an unlimited wifi for 500 baht which would expire in 3 days. I could of used that advise earlier. Staff were friendly. I even received a bday cake in my room on my bday which was a nice little surprise.

• Stayed September 2012
Manama, Bahrain
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

The patong beach hotel is located like on patong beach and only a stone throw away from Bangla road, so you gonna be right in the middle of the beach- and nightlife. The rooms are nice and colorful but be aware the beds are going to be rock hard, so are the pillows. There is not much of a wardrobe so travel light. Also the AC is not the best I ever seen, and bring plenty of mosquito repellent. Oh yes and there is some big noisy construction going in and right in front of the hotel! Right outside they build a new shopping mall, inside the hotel premises they do some construction around the pool area, so depending where your room is its gonna be pretty noisy! Breakfast is nice, staff is friendly but honestly I wouldn't come back to this hotel until all this construction is finished!

Room Tip: 1324 is at least a quiet room
Donnybrook, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

This would have been the 8th time I have stayed @ Patong Beach Hotel, it"s location is great to acess all shops, beach etc.I have decided though enough is enough, for the last 3 times, our rooms are never ready on arrival, & spoken to rudely by the reception staff. I travelled with family, 9 adults & 3 little ones.Of the 5 rooms required, 2 only were ready, the others we had to wait up to 4 hrs & then were not the rooms we paid for.Please note we booked this holiday 12 months in advance, so was extremely disappointed. My room had rising damp in it & mould on the curtains. I was told this room was recently renovated........maybe 5 years ago. The cleaning left alot to be desired, the floors were swept but never mopped. The staff there were not their usual happy self, & especially the cleaners,seemed very overworked/or understaffed. The noise factor was not from the renovations taking place, but from the constant fireworks which you can now purchase. This would go off from 8pm to 3.30 am every night. We would then have the very late guests returning to their rooms just before dawn, letting everyone know what sort of a night they had. Security camera's were everywhere, but know one seemed to stop these people from running up & down the corridors, shouting & arguing.
I have always enjoyed my trip to Patong Beach, but after this last holiday, have decided no more. If I do go back I will definitely be looking for another hotel. They just can't get there act together.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Ballarat
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

I have just come back from my third trip to Phuket and this time stayed at the Patong Beach Hotel with two female friends. We got a very good deal price wise so i was a little hesitant as to the quality of this place. It was great. We were on the 9th floor so well away from noise, and had adjoining rooms. The room was fully renovated and had new beds, which were super comfy and new TV with a good variety of channels. The shower was magic (biggest shower head i have ever seen). It was September so was wet season, but the room was well insulated from noise so didnt hear much at night - apart from the fireworks on the beach some nights.

The breakfast was amazing - so fresh and a huge variety. The cocktails at the bar were a little pricey for Patong prices but were well made and was a welcome change from having to deal with hussle and bussle of Patong to get a drink.

Visit the Sukko Spa if you get a chance - we had a great Thai Massage experience for half price (just asking helps) and the ladies were lovely. Even if my friend did fall asleep.

The location here is brilliant, shops, bars, Bangla and restaurants all on your doorstep. Would recommend highly. The staff were lovely (english not so great a night time but that didnt bother us ). We had a great stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Karachi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Very Nice budget hotel, rooms are excellent recently renovated and modern. Lobby of hotel is look like very old hotel and not properly maintained. Location of the hotel was excellent every this is in walking reach shopping, beach, night life, and transport.

Ipswich, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Hotel is well situated and in walking distance to beach shops and restaurants and many day spas and massage shops. The bed was huge and very comfy and the room had a huge bathtub separate to the shower. Breakfast was beautiful with a great variety of food which was varied each day. Staff very friendly. Had a great stay

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Patong Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!