We stayed here initially for 4 nights but decided to stay on for a further 5 as we enjoyed our stay here.
The rooms here are large enough with plenty of closet space, rooms serviced daily, tea and coffee making facilities, double bed and a large terrace.
We stayed in room 203 which was directly under the reception but overlooking the pool, and the terrace captured a lot of sun during the day.
The hotel also has a small swimming pool, on site gym (both free to use) but the spa centre (only massages) were chargeable at prices you would expect from a hotel.
I know other reviewers complained about faulty gym equipment but we found everything to be working perfectly. There are also yoga mats there which we tended to use the most and were left in peace to do so. I presume not many people want to come on holiday to work out!
It was about a half hour walk to the beach but the hotel do run free shuttle services at 12pm, 4pm and 7pm with returns at 12:45pm, 4:45pm and 7:45pm if you don't fancy a walk. If you wish to stay out later then a Tuk Tuk will only cost you 200 THB back to the hotel from the centre. (Although they may ask for more if you say no, 200 they promptly agree)
The pool area is quite small and is located in such a way that only a few sun loungers (which were always occupied) capture the sun and only for a few hours but we were quite happy to sun bathe on our terrace and walk down to the pool when it got too hot.
It's worth noting that there is a massage parlour about 10 seconds walk from the hotel and they are half the price of the club bamboo.
There is also an excellent steam sauna directly across the road in "Le Jardin" hotel which anyone can use and is 150 THB per person. It also has a jacuzzi and showers and free drinking water is included. We used this almost every day as it was so refreshing!
Although it is a little out the way of Patong beach there are a lot of surrounding amenities. Family Marts/7-11's, very inexpensive Thai restaurants, laundry services and BBQ buffets, all within walking distance.
In terms of Patong in general you might get stopped by the numerous amount of scratch card people wanting to sell you time shares! Although they are seemingly not called that now! Trust me, every second card is a winner and it's always the female who wins! We went to a couple (fully aware of what the scam actually was) but went to get the free breakfast they offered and managed to get a free trip to Phi Phi Island out of it! So as long as you know how to play the game and have a couple of hours to kill you can gain from it but DO NOT sign up for anything! It is a scam!
Also I would be very wary of buying anything with so called "brand names" from the street stalls! I purchased what was apparently a beats bluetooth speaker which worked for a few days before it starting buzzing and not connecting. When I tried to return it I was told there was no exchange. When I tried to reason with the guy he pushed me several times and broke my sunglasses! Not wanting to ruin a holiday by getting in to a fight I reported the incident to the police but was basically waived away. So buy anything at your peril!
Overall club bamboo is a great little place to stay and I would recommend it. I would stay here again "if" I decided to return to Patong! Although my personal experience of the area might make me reconsider so I hope this review will give you a better perspective!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Club Bamboo is a small boutique resort located in the best part of Phuket, Patong Beach. Situated in a jungle garden, on a foothill overlooking Patong Bay, this resort offers the chance to be close to the most lively night life and, at the same time, welcomes you in its quiet oasis of exotic green for an intimate relaxation. At night you can dine at the poolside restaurant and enjoy the fine traditional Thai cuisine hearing crickets and looking at the stars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Orbitz, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Agoda and HostelBookers so you can book your Club Bamboo Boutique Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Bamboo Boutique Hotel Patong
- Hotel Bamboo Boutique
- Resort Bamboo Boutique
- Club Bamboo Boutique Resort And Spa Patong, Phuket