Very nice hotel quiet although it is close to Patong. They have great pools and a nice breakfast buffet and a good selection of restaurants (funnily most of them are quite empty in the evening).
We had initially reserved a Diamond Suite with see view. The suite was nice and huge with a walking closet. However, instead of a see view we had a view on the pool (first floor) and no sun at all the all day. We complained arguing that we had booked a better room to be sure to have a nice view. They replied that they were full (New year period) and that anyway most of the Diamond Suite did not have a view on the see, which is weird because it is not what they seem to write in their flyer. To be honest we think that the suites with three beds have better view. Anyway, after complaining a bit more, they upgraded us to a Front beach suite (or something like this) with a nice view and a Jacuzzi. However, the room was much smaller and not as convenient as the previous one.
We are however not sure that this is the best destination in Phuket. Phuket is full of nice beaches and Patong is probably the worst place to go to. Patong beach is very polluted. Luckily the Diamond Cliff has a private beach (Paradise beach) outside Patong that you can reach with the hotel shuttle. They don't have however so many seats in the shuttle and you have to reserve your seat the day before, which require some organisation, what you don't necessarily want to do when you are on holidays.
It is the same thing with the shuttle to Patong centre. You have to reserve it the day before. However, you can also walk to the centre. It is 15 minutes away. The tuk-tuks cost you 200 baths.
For French and Belgium travellers
We highly recommend you not to travel with BEST TOUR. We have been to many places in the world and I think this travel agency is the worst of the worst. I have never experience something like this in my entire life. They are useless and unfriendly and some of the daily trip they propose are just organised for them to make money and are totally useless. They also work together with a charter company XL Airways that is absolutely not reliable. We had on the way to Thailand more than 27 hours delay. They didn't give us any information and we spend our time waiting in the airport. No one cane and said anything, instead the hostesses were shouting at us and they even dared calling the airport police to clam people down. No representatives from best Tour showed up in the airport. They probably had better to do, and the airport was indeed few kilometres away from Best Tour headquarter. Why caring about your clients at all!
Altogether we had a nice time in this hotel.
- Also Known As:
- Diamond Cliff Hotel Patong
- Diamond Cliff Hotel
- Diamond Cliff
- Diamond Cliff Resort And Spa Patong, Phuket
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Diamond Cliff Resort & Spa is located on the hillside of North Patong. Only few minutes away from the Patong downtown where you can enjoy night life and shopping. We have a plenty of great choice of restaurants and bars within the hotel grounds, really impressive and well designed pool areas over looking the sparkling blue sea of Andaman. All rooms type are fabulous including our Diamond Villa, all well appointed and furnished in gorgeous typically Modern-Thai furnishings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Tingo, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com and Venere so you can book your Diamond Cliff Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.