“Great Value for money!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Baan Sukhothai Hotel & Spa

Save Saved
You added Baan Sukhothai Hotel & Spa to your Saves list
Baan Sukhothai Hotel & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   70 Bangla Road | Patong Beach, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand   |
Ranked #251 of 261 hotels in Patong
Auckland
“Great Value for money!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2009

We stayed at this hotel and were upgraded to the deluxe room on check in for free - rooms were dark and smelled slightly mouldy but who cares! You are only in your room to sleep right?!

The pool area was GREAT, lovely area to lie around by and the pool bar has great icecream and drinks. The hotel restaurant was good value for money also - would totally recommend paying in advance to have breakfast there everyday as the buffet is great, plenty of choice! Staff were very friendly and happy to help.

This hotel is close to all the action - a perfect base if your not looking for a RESORT because this is not, its definitly a HOTEL. They close Bang La rd off at about 6pm everynight and crowds of people walk the streets, a great atmosphere!!

I have read reviews where people say there are Thai prostitutes at the front of the hotel,and that this area is not suitable for families - I would disagree. The streets are very safe as there are many other tourists around but as there are a large number of bars on this road I would avoid taking kids out too late at night.

Overall a great hotel and definitly value for money - a 2min walk to gorgeous Patong Beach and you are surrounded by tons of restaurants, bars, markets and even a mall with a cinema etc is literally 200m walk from the hotel.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple

46 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2009

I didn't know about this website before I went there but now that I have read the recent reviews on it, that wasn't how our holiday was at all.
I had a friend who stayed at Baan Sukhothai before and recommended it that's why we chose the hotel at first and I have to agree with her because we also had a great time at the hotel.

From the airport we booked the hotel's transport joined with other people and we only had to pay 250baht, but I heard it costs more to just get a bus on your own.
We booked 2 deluxe rooms because there's 5 people in the family. The rooms were nice and clean.
I really enjoyed the food at the hotel, breakfast was good (the omlette was really tasty) and dinner was splendid. I can't remember what we ordered but they all tasted really good. Greenhouse bakery was also great, the cakes didn't look promising at first but they tasted really delicious.
The spa looked beautiful at night, so we went to get some massages the next day. It was very much worth the price. And the inside of the spa looked magnificent.
The hotel was in great location despite of the fact that it was surrounded by pubs on the same street. We enjoyed relaxing in the rooms at night anyway. But we could walk to the beach in 3 minutes and the big shopping mall at the back so all was convenient.
I think the best part of it was that I love the look of the traditional Thai of the hotel, I like this traditional style better than the cubic white ones I can find anywhere in Patong. There were lots of trees and green grass area. The pool was very refreshing. The ice cream at the pool bar was also very nice.
Overall I really thought it was a great hotel, wasn't as clean and new but it kept the old traditional style really well, one would think it would have been turned into big white buildings with 100s of rooms with all that space in Patong. The communication wasn't too hard and the staffs were friendly. I'm glad my friend recommended it because it was worth the money and was affordable.
Will definitely go there again someday!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
dubai
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2009

The hotel is good, the location is good, but the staff steal your money.

I had read the reviews here so I kept my money with me all the time, even when I went to the beach, but one night I was sleeping in the room and somebody came into the room and stole my money from the wallet that was on the table.

I knew some staff were thieves but I never, ever thought that they would enter the room at night and steal my money, that was just disgusting. In the morning, I told the front office manager and others at the hotel, but they were of no use at all.

If you want to stay there, stay there but do not keep even a baht with you at any time, not even at night. You have been warned.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2009

I would warn all potential travelers to Phuket never to stay in Baan Sukothai Hotel in Phuket. My money and phone was stolen from the safe in the room when we were away - yes, from the safe in the room.
The tourist police later told me that this is atleast the 6th incident of such a happening in this hotel - all safe's are regularly opened and they steal only when they get lucky with a big hand. The safe has an electronic lock system + a manual key that overrides the electronic lock - which the hotel supervisors have.
Absolutely no attempt was made to investigate and the supervisors never let me meet their general manager or gave me contact information of their hotel owner - saying that they cannot do that.
A well thought out plan and a nightmare for families who visit. My wife and two small kids sincerely regret staying in Baan Sukothai and would like to warn fellow holidayers - please feel free to contact me at [--] if you need further information.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — A bunch of thieves
  • Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Beveren
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2009

During my stay there they stole 8000 baht out of my safe deposit box and 30.000 baht of my neighbours'. It's the hotel mafia, organized theft by their own personel. They have a spare key to the safe deposit box and can open it without your personal code. When they open it and steel only your thai money, the code will be reset so that you can not open your safe deposit box again by yourself... The management of the hotel pretends not to know anything about this, but it happens all the time. The police isn't very helpfull either, because they know how it works and can't do anything about it. There is no trace of burglary because they use a spare key!!!
DON'T GO THERE or keep your money with you all the time!!!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled solo
st clair nsw
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2009

We stayed there last June and fould it the perfect location to Bangla Rd, and if u wanna Party and shop, ur in luck with this motel. Its easy to shop during the day and return to the room to drop off bags and be back shopping within minutes. The breakfast was beautiful with a great chep to prepare ur breakfast any way u want. We had dinner there on 2 occasions, the 1st time the steak was to die for, absolutely mouth watering, the only down side was the bed was from the flintstones im sure, it was rock hard ! and if u did go to bed before 1-2 am, u could hear a slight doof doof from the night clubs. Perfect for young partiers and shoppers. we r returning in a few weeks and have booked at the Patong Bay Garden, it looks like it has great location right on the beach at the same rates..

• Stayed June 2008, traveled with friends

Been to Baan Sukhothai Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!