I didn't know about this website before I went there but now that I have read the recent reviews on it, that wasn't how our holiday was at all.
I had a friend who stayed at Baan Sukhothai before and recommended it that's why we chose the hotel at first and I have to agree with her because we also had a great time at the hotel.
From the airport we booked the hotel's transport joined with other people and we only had to pay 250baht, but I heard it costs more to just get a bus on your own.
We booked 2 deluxe rooms because there's 5 people in the family. The rooms were nice and clean.
I really enjoyed the food at the hotel, breakfast was good (the omlette was really tasty) and dinner was splendid. I can't remember what we ordered but they all tasted really good. Greenhouse bakery was also great, the cakes didn't look promising at first but they tasted really delicious.
The spa looked beautiful at night, so we went to get some massages the next day. It was very much worth the price. And the inside of the spa looked magnificent.
The hotel was in great location despite of the fact that it was surrounded by pubs on the same street. We enjoyed relaxing in the rooms at night anyway. But we could walk to the beach in 3 minutes and the big shopping mall at the back so all was convenient.
I think the best part of it was that I love the look of the traditional Thai of the hotel, I like this traditional style better than the cubic white ones I can find anywhere in Patong. There were lots of trees and green grass area. The pool was very refreshing. The ice cream at the pool bar was also very nice.
Overall I really thought it was a great hotel, wasn't as clean and new but it kept the old traditional style really well, one would think it would have been turned into big white buildings with 100s of rooms with all that space in Patong. The communication wasn't too hard and the staffs were friendly. I'm glad my friend recommended it because it was worth the money and was affordable.
Will definitely go there again someday!
- Also Known As:
- Baan Sukhothai Hotel And Spa
- Baan Sukhothai Hotel Patong
- Baan Sukhothai Hotel
- Baan Sukhothai Patong
- Baan Sukhothai Hotel & Spa Patong, Phuket
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel utilizes a charming Thai style design architecture & furniture; Only Thai style resort type in Patong Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Baan Sukhothai Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.