“Amazing service, beautiful location, great food, and very knowledgeable front desk staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Amari Phuket

You added Amari Phuket to your Saves list
Amari Phuket
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Patong Beach, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand (Formerly Amari Coral Beach Phuket)   |
Hotel packages
Offers & Announcements
1,000 Baht Dining Credit
Ranked #2 of 278 Hotels in Patong
4.5 of 5 stars 1,865 Reviews
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

This resort is great if you plan to check in and use the resort facilities and pools to relax. I would like to reiterate, I had VERY high expectations. The common areas of the hotel are really beautiful. The front desk staffs are insanely amazing! From hotel to Patong beach only 10 mins by walk. The rooms were immaculate and the grounds are gorgeous. We are definitely looking forward to come back. Highly recommended!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: The rooms are large and comfortable
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (422)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

My mom and I stayed there from 9 to 12 Nov 2013. We were "wowed" when we arrived at the resort on the 1st day - we could even SMELL the new-ness of the resort. Very beautifully refurbished and surrounded by lots of greenery so we were of course very impressed. Lovely lunch, friendly staff at the restaurant Tim Ralay. Went for a 2.5 hr spa - was mozzie-bitten. Disappointed that I was again bitten when sleeping the following 2 nights INSIDE the room even after I had sprayed repellent before going to bed. Plus - for some reason, the aircon seemed to shut off by itself in the middle of the night so it became warm and I had to get up to turn it on again so I wasn't able to sleep fitfully.

My mom and I again got insect bitten while eating breakfast and the next day at lunch inside and outside the restaurant respectively. We took a walk to the private jetty and both of us were bitten again, even through my T-shirt! It was very nice at the jetty but seems like it's not a place visited much by hotel guests. There is a mini bar offering drinks for sale, some tables & chairs and a row of deck chairs for sunning.

Hotel has 2 big pools so that's great, a wide selection of breakfast items. Staff generally friendly & smiley. However, it's not a hotel for those who are not able to walk - lots of steps up and down to the deluxe rooms area, more steps up to the spa. And the hotel premises becomes uncomfortably warm if there's no breeze. The fans at the lobby area and restaurant were too high up the ceiling and one can't feel the wind.

Looks very good on 1st impression, unfortunately, staying there for a few nights was that comfortable.

Room Tip: The deluxe rooms are further away from the lobby so they are quieter but it also means walking up an...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Christchurch, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

We had not been told on booking this resort 8 months ago through a travel agent that half of the resort would be closed for renovations while we were there so that was an unpleasant surprise.
Despite that, the resort had everything we wanted, from a comfortable clean and attractive deluxe room, to a beautiful view across the private beach. Friendly staff, a fabulous pool and bar and the most varied breakfast we've ever come across. It's a short attractive walk to a jetty which has a welcoming bar that also sells food, and has loungers. At the end of the jetty are steps to get into the water for snorkeling etc.

The rest of the resort opened 2 days before we had to leave, and the 2nd pool,lounges and restaurant make it a very luxurious and well equipt resort.
It was an easy downhill walk to the main town which is quite a culture shock after the peace and tranquility of the Amari !

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

We stayed at Amari Coral beach Resort, Patong... We were 2 adults & a kid of 8 yrs old... The resort is far away from the hustle n bustles... Far from the madding crowd... Very quiet & secluded... We stayed 3 nights over there... My daughter loved it the most & so did we... Huge property... Great pools (2 pools actually)... Private beach... Staffs were very cordial... On the first few hours we were alloted a room that was smelling awful... We were shifted to another room on the first floor within some minutes... View was mindblowing from both the rooms... Its like royal treatment... Breakfast was great but dinner buffet at the breakfast area was not so good... Some water logging problem was there in the bathroom but its OK... Who's gonna sleep in the bathroom anyway! Sipping wine sitting in the balcony was just out of the world experience... Amari coral to the town centre is 200 baht each way... Walking between the room & the reception/entrance was tiring for me as I hate so much walking... If that Tuktuk pinch & walking can be ignored -- its one of the best properties I have stayed... My daughter wants to go & stay in the same hotel for 100 times... All the best :)

Stayed December 2012
mumbai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

We had stayed at the resort during our honeymoon last year and the place was magical to say the least.... Right from the location to the rooms, food, service everything was perfect...Would recommend the Italian restaurant for its excellent food and location for a quiet dinner. A stroll on a lazy evening to the pier is a bonus.... A quiet place from the hustle and bustle of Patong...Would definitely come back to relive some nice memories.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

I went there with my wife, as part of our honeymoon trip. We were given a deluxe room with a balcony view of the sea. The rooms were amazing & the mattresses were absolutely wow! The pool is conveniently located. Food had Thai taste & it was little difficult to suit our Indian taste buds. Room service was great. We recommend this to every traveller to Phuket. Most importantly, this hotel is higly priced, but definitely is worth all the money you spend. One of the best hotel in Patong Beach area of Phuket. PS - Breakfast buffet is the best I have ever had in my life! :)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Halifax, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Myself and 3 friends have just returned from a fantastic ten day stay at the Amari Coral Beach in Phuket and we were all very impressed with this property.

Yes, as many have mentioned, there are renovations taking place at this time. These renovations are almost entirely complete as the entire resort opened up (including the superior rooms, lobby, second pool, lobby bar and Italian restaurant) about halfway through our stay. We had been contacted by the hotel a few weeks prior to arrival and informed that due to the renovations the two superior rooms we had booked were being upgraded to deluxe rooms, which was great.

Even with the renovations going on while we were there, I have nothing bad to say, there was little to no impact on guests. The deluxe guest rooms are very spacious and comfortable and the sea views from the room and balcony are breathtaking. We very much enjoyed the attention to detail that was taken by the hotel and the way the staff would arrange our things so nicely when tidying our rooms everyday. Just small things like making sure our things were orderly and well laid out.

The Rim Talay restaurant has a beautiful setting next to the pool and overlooking the sea, it is an absolute delight dining there. The food was nothing short of delicious at all times and the service impeccable. All of the staff at the Amari are extremely hospitable. One day we walked out to the end of the jetty and noticed a number of fish swimming around in the water. As we took the steps down to the water to watch the fish, out of nowhere came an Amari staff member with a loaf of bread for us to feed them. We were so impressed that this member of the staff thought to do this for us. It was great!

The grounds of the hotel are beautiful and the pool is so inviting. Just the right temperature and a pleasure to swim in. We never bothered spending anytime on the beach at Patong amongst the crowds of tourists when the pool area at our hotel was so comfortable and appealing. There is a pool bar and the staff are regularly checking to see if you need anything (without being intrusive) and even coming around with cool face cloths every so often. They felt so good on your face when lounging in the heat.

If you ask me, the location of this property could not be better. If there is anything I realized during my visit it is that I would definitely not want any part of staying right in Patong. The Amari is just tucked away enough for you to feel as though you are at a secluded resort yet no more than a 10 minute walk into town....20 or so to the bustling Bangla Rd bar scene. After touring much of the island I can honestly say I did not see anywhere else that I would rather be staying.

I would highly recommend anyone traveling to Phuket to stay at the Amari Coral Beach and I know with 100% certainty that if I return to Phuket, this is exactly where I am staying. I would like to visit Koh Samui on my next trip to Thailand and I will definitely give the Amari property on that island a try as well.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Amari Phuket? Share your experiences!