“Beautiful resort - if you want peace and quiet” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Amari Phuket

You added Amari Phuket to your Saves list
Amari Phuket
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Patong Beach, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand (Formerly Amari Coral Beach Phuket)   |
Hotel packages
Offers & Announcements
15% Off with Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 285 Hotels in Patong
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
“Beautiful resort - if you want peace and quiet”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

We went there for our first anniversary and what we found was a beautiful resort by the sea towards the end of Patong beach. We were there for a day towards the last leg of our vacation and found what we wanted the most, beautiful ocean view rooms, helpful staff, amazing spa (you must must try their massages). They have good spa and dinner packages but you would need to book these in advance. The spa treatment was excellent, both me and my husband tried different massages and loved it. The food was quite nice although the service takes a tad long going with the concept of having a relaxed meal. So long story short if you want some peace and quiet by the sea, with good food, helpful staff, great massages, then head to this place. By the way wi fi is free in the lobby area so don't worry if your package doesn't cover internet :). They have different restaurants serving thai, italiand and multi cuisine. The staff speak English and are helpful. They also have a DVD collection of good movies, in case you feel the need to lay back and relax. All in a great resort with two pools plenty of space to walk around. May not be ideal for the elderly as there are stairs all around and you may end up walking bit (they do have elevators but may not be still ideal).

Room Tip: Go for the rooms with Ocean view :)
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (504)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Copenhagen, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012 via mobile

I've stayed at this good feeling resort for 5 days with my boyfriend. We booked 4 days and had such a great time here so we booked one more night. Loved our superior room with a lovely view over the Patong Bay. Staff are great, helpfull and smiling.

The resort could use a big bucket of painting, but after one night you wont notice any more.

Try the Italian restaurant, the food and seating right next to the beach is really nice.

Free wifi in lobby just ask the staff. If you are lucky you can connect from your balcony.

• Stayed December 2012
Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

I chose to stay in Patong as I wanted to be near all the action. Amari Coral is right at the end, it's walkable to the centre of Patong, depending how lazy you are feeling ;-) Patong is very hectic and a bit seedy, but the minute you enter Amari Coral, it feels like you are in a different world. It's an intant relaxing feeling, out of the hustle bustle.

The hotel is situated on the waters edge, with direct views of the ocean from all public areas of the hotel and the deluxe rooms (which have a private balcony with sea views). All the rooms are sea facing. The views from the hotel are amazing, and unlike other hotels in Patong and the rest of Phuket, there is no road in between. The actuall beach is not great, but you don't need it as you have full sea views from both pools.

The hotel has such a relaxing feeling, I would say it's perfect for honeymooners and it's nice and quiet. The rooms are modern and spacious. The breakfast is out of this world, complete international fare - great for tourists from all over!

I cannot fault this hotel at all, I loved my stay at Amari. JUST HEAVENLY!

Room Tip: Definitely deluxe room where you have full sea view from your private balcony.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
New Delhi, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

well just been back again from Phuket from a 5 day trip, the hotel was very vast & has got a great vast property to its name, the rooms are fairly clean, the only plus point about the room was the fantastic view which overlooked the sea completely, the staff was another issue thou, the rooms were never cleaned before 3:00pm and that just spoils the mood since we come back after a early morning beach walk and returned to see it still uncleaned, the house keeping of this hotel was the worst, plus the staff has got really bad english & its difficult to make them understand what we want.
The breakfast was very average with the couple of items here and there nothing too lavish , but the view was just fantastic from the area where breakfast was served.
Pool was pretty decent with 2 pools at the hotel, very clean nothing really to complain about.
Please make a note of the steep climb that one has to make everyday, I already knew this so I had already booked a car for myself from a very superb hiring agency which actually made things very smooth, I highly recommend everyone to hire some sort of transportation since after a long day you really dont want to climb a hill at the end of the day.......
Overall : a very average hotel I shall not stay here for my next visit

Room Tip: Choose a Sea View & try to take above floors to get a super view of the ocean
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
AmariPhuket, General Manager at Amari Phuket, responded to this review, December 8, 2012
Thanks for giving us your feedback and please accept my sincerest apologies for the disappointment you experienced.

Although I am appreciative of your positive comments about our location and views, I feel that we have let you downwith the housekeeping service time, cleaning and limited English skills of Housekeeping team members.

Please rest assured that I have shared your experiences with my team and we will make a priority to improve on these areas.

I look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to our resort in the furture.

singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

We first visited this hotel to use the spa back in 2001, and have been looking forward to actually staying in it.

The deluxe rooms were recently renovated, so we decided now would be the best time to visit. That, and our recently very positive experience with their lower-end hotel Vogue Krabi (see my other review).

Unfortunately, it was somewhat of a let-down in the software department.

First, we arrived after an evening flight after work. Obviously tired from the long day, we arrived to find that the aircon in our newly renovated room did not work. Realising that they had been having power problems, we stepped out to the restaurants to get some food.

Unfortunately, though there was 30mins to closing at their various restaurants - all their staff kept telling us to return to our (non-airconditioned) room and order room service. The Italian restaurant staff finally seated us but told us we had 30mins to order+eat - also to the changrin of another couple who arrived for dinner at the same time as us .

Sensing their reluctance to serve, we did end up returning to our room and ordering room service ... and sweating it out in our newly appointed room. The aircon itself was not fixed for another 2 hours (despite many calls) till almost 1am.

And things only started moving faster after we tipped one of the staff who came by.

During our stay, while some of the reception staff were cheerful, there were notably a few perpetually sour-faced ones as well. And the strange thing, is that on more than one occasion - staff on the property we spoke to had the habit of walking off in the middle of a conversation with them.

On our last day, we had earlier paid for a half-day extension till 7pm as we had a night flight. Despite this, we found ourselves locked out of our room on our return at 3pm. I don't see the point of why they charge for an extension if they still intend to inconvenience us.

Another strange thing, is that all the letters from their management about the power failure, in their room collaterals, and in the check-out letter ... were signed anonymously. In other words - whoever the General Manager is, is afraid of putting his name to the guest letters... ? Rather insincere for a hotel of this class I thought.

In terms of hardware, the hotel is one of the older ones ... but generally well kept. The facilities were nice, the breakfast was good (though again, service was mediocre)... though the deluxe rooms are a bit of a trek from everything (including climbing the stairs) ... so frankly, one may be better off in the standard rooms if walking isn't your thing.

The private jetty is another area to go for a swim with the fishes, as well as the lovely walk from the resort along the side of a hill. This place is not well publicised to guests, so is a nice and quiet corner of the property.

The only upside it seems, is the Spa. The service at Breeze was good, and personalised. We enjoyed it enough that I went back 3 times. That said, the pavillions which were one reason we came to Amari was being renovated and will not be ready till Q2, 2013 approx. The spa is currently in a temporary location, though it was comfortable.

For those who plan to visit Patong, it is about a 3km trek downhill (and later uphill on return) according to my GPS.

All in, it wasn't a bad stay ... though it is in my view lacking for a hotel of this class. We ate at the Holiday Inn on Paton twice, and the service in that hotel was so apparantly better. As was the service at the Evason we stayed on a previous trip... and in contrast, the service at the other lower-end Chorus property, Vogue, was a league ahead.

Would I stay there again? Maybe not ... maybe the next time I will just visit the spa. If not for the relatively comfortable rooms and generally good upkeep of the property, my rating would drop to TWO stars.

Room Tip: The deluxe rooms have a nicer view and are in a separate building which is quieter. However, it'...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your review, it was great to see that you liked our facilities, Jetty , Breeze Spa and breakfast quality.However, we are sorry about the restaurant closing time, restaurant service and the inconvenience for late check-out.Please rest assured that I have shared your experiences with my team and we will make it a priority to improve on these areas.

Once again, please accept my sincerest apologies for your disappointment. I hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel in the future. We will ensure that the experience lives up to your expectations.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

I normally give great reviews however we had money stolen from our room! Although it was not a large amount $ 200. It still made the stay very unpleasant. Especially when the lady manager was so rude and unhelpful. After I reported the money being taken from our room she said that she did not believe the money was stolen. She then said I should wait to report the matter to the police which I eventually did. The police said that if I had come in earlier they could have done something. I would not recommend staying here because I believe most of the other hotels in Patong offer far more and do not steal!

• Stayed December 2012
coralbeachamari, General Manager at Amari Phuket, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Thank you for sharing your review. We are sorry to hear about your disappointment on the lost money from your room.

We have internal as well as police investigation with the team members involved but nothing we were not able to resolve the issue to your satisfaction.

As one of Phuket’s leading hotels, the Amari Coral Beach Phuket enjoys a good reputation for the high standard of services. Over the 20 years of our operation, we have welcomed guests from all parts of the world – many of who have become our loyal guests returning to our resort year after year. As you can imagine it will be difficult to run such operation if security of guests’ belongings are compromised routinely. Members of our housekeeping team are long-serving loyal employees who take pride in their work and integrity.

We are truly very sorry that our Duty Manager failed to clearly explain to you the situation and has obviously caused disappointment.

I hope that we can have opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel in the future.”

Mackay, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

This was a first trip to Thailand so i took my time and hoped to get it right when choosing a hotel, we were over the moon with the Amari. Service was amazing, staff were so happy and always happy to assist. Food was spectacular and everything within the hotel was well priced.

Perfect location within 5 mins walk to the heart of Patongs shopping district, but far enough away to be lovely an peaceful. Id happily stay in the Amari again and we have since stayed at the Amari Koh Samui and were just as impressed with the resort there too.

Love Love Love the Amari and its great value for money!
We will definitely return

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Amari Phuket? Share your experiences!