Were delighted to be informed that due to this being our 1st visit to Amari - we were being upgraded to a Deluxe Room (7115). Coming from a 3 night stay at a budget hotel (Seaview Resort - southern side Phuket) - the Amari was indeed luxury. We wanted to experience hotels on the northern and southern sides of Patong Beach. The professionalism, graciousness and friendliness of staff - as well as the aesthetically pleasing and peaceful environment of the hotel - made our stay extremely worthwhile.
Be prepared for a some exercise - which I welcomed - as there are quite a number of steps to negotiate. The walk to Patong beach is 10 minutes. The incline on the bridge as you return to the hotel is quite steep- but if you take it slow - it should not take you more than 10 minutes to get back to the hotel.
The breakfast buffet offers a wide variety - but the overall ambience in the breakfast area (the sound of water all around you - and the view of the sea) makes it a wonderful setting.
The Amari restaurants are quite pricey - resulting in us eating out in the Patong area most of the time. (Subway for fresh rolls and fillings for lunch) During the evenings we only ventured into those restaurants that were extremely busy - my way of judging that they were serving good food. If you have a sensitive stomach - stay clear from any of the Thai restaurants and stick to familiar places you know.
I did not spend too much time at the pool - and made the daily walk to Patong beach. Most people at the hotel did however seem to like sitting at the pool area for ages. Although it was always reasonably full - you could always find a lounger at the pool. The beach area outside the hotel is definitely not for swimming - only for taking a stroll.
Personally I really did not find anything worthwhile in the markets or at the hundreds of stalls on the street. ( Probably depends on what you are looking for.) I left all my shopping for Bangkok, and only purchased two small souvenirs in Phuket. Loved the Lady-Boys Caberet show (Simon's Caberet) as well as the 5 in 1 Safari. My most memorable experience - receiving a back massage from a Thai elephant. Priceless!!
Overall an enjoyable stay in Phuket.
- Also Known As:
- Amari Coral Beach Phuket Hotel Patong
- Amari Coral Beach Phuket Hotel
- Amari Coral Beach Hotel
- Amari Coral Beach Patong
- Amari Coral Beach Resort
- Amari Phuket Patong
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hidden away on a secluded beach near Patong, Amari Phuket (formerly known as Amari Coral Beach Phuket) is the ideal Phuket vacation spot no matter what you are seeking. With first-class restaurants, affordable luxury accommodation and a quiet private beach, this island resort hotel offers a holiday experience unlike any other. You can indulge in some well-deserved relaxation at the renowned Breeze Spa, offering a whole range of spa treatments and massages.Reward yourself, and come celebrate the magic of Phuket with Amari Phuket. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Venere, Amari Hotels, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Priceline, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotels.com, Tingo, EasyToBook, HotelTravel.com and Otel so you can book your Amari Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.