“Not a guest Friendly Hotel - Perfect for Bachelor Travellers...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Royal Paradise Hotel

You added The Royal Paradise Hotel to your Saves list
The Royal Paradise Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   135/23 Rat-U-Thit 200 Years Road, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand   |
Ranked #149 of 278 Hotels in Patong
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Not a guest Friendly Hotel - Perfect for Bachelor Travellers...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2010

We had a tough time communicating to them..
Thought the booking was done way in advance they had not kept the rooms ready for us to chekin... We were waiting at the lobby area for a room to be allocated.. after waiting for half an hours they gave us one room against a booking of 5 rooms... And almost after 2 hours they managed to give us all the rooms.....

Food is not so great at the roof top restaurant... If you are looking an extraordinary experience of Phuket hospitality this is no the place to be...

This place is perfect for bachelors as it is at a walking distance to the nightlife street of Phuket.... But be prepared to pay extra for the night...

Stayed October 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2010

I stayed here for 5 nights while taking a short vacation prior to doing some work in Bangkok. The hotel is centrally located in the heart of the Patong nightlife district. I had originally planned to stay down near Kata beach as I had heard that was a nicer beach, but I also wanted to be near some night life and I guess there is not much going on down there. It’s nice to be able to go out for a walk and then head back to the hotel for a quick change of clothes if needed. It rained quite a bit while I was there so being able to stay close to the hotel was nice. I took two tours, each lasting for most of the day. Other than that I had only 2 free days to explore the area. Since it was raining quite a bit, I was glad to be in this area, as there is quite a bit of non-beach exploring that one can do. I got 3 massages at the hotel spa. One after my flight and one after each tour. Coming from the US, the massage was a great way to relax after spending 25 hours in transit. The breakfast buffet was good and fairly similar to what I found at other hotels in Thailand. I stayed in the newer wing of the hotel, as the reviews had said that this wing was nicer. The rooms are nice, not amazing or anything, but more than adequate for my needs. The wing of my room faced a street with quite a bit going on, and it was rather loud at night. The first two nights I woke up a few times, after hearing base from a few clubs. It didn’t really bother me, but this might be an issue for others. I have read from other reviews that the hotel will relocate you to another room if needed. It is probably only a few rooms where this is an issue. The hotel is a short 10 minute walk to the beach or a quick taxi ride. I only used a taxi once in the rain, and I was able to get this for about 100 Baht or roughly $3 US. One negative, the internet was good, but it cost about $15 US a night. I had to check in with work while I was there and this was a bit much. I did hear there was free wifi in the lobby, so I guess I could have gone there when I needed to do this.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
Yekaterinburg, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2010

excellent hotel, very friendly staff, beautiful territory, nice view from hotel

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2010

Location is good, thats about it...Staff don't speak a word of English, Breakfast is average. coffee, tea and hot water pots were always empty, never a teaspoon in sight. Booked super superior room and we're given 2 single beds joined together, after much complaining we were alocated a room with a king bed. Clerk at front desk whom we complained to did not acknowledge us for the rest of our 16 day stay. took them 3 days to give me a hairdryer. But all said and done..we had a great trip, locals are fantastic. Will return for a thrid time, but not to the same hotel. K&J Vic Australia

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2010

Overall expectaions were not met. Although there were some very friendly staff, the welcome to the hotel leaves a lot to be desired, the front desk needs some work.

Rooms were old and tired,

I unfortunately have not positives.

There are a lot of other hotels that provide better value.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2010

My husband and I spent 2 nights at the hotel and we were given 18th floor, which they have newly renovated. The room and toilet are both new and clean. The view at the balcony is half sea, half city. Beautiful view at night. The swimming pool is clean and nice. The overall stay is pleasant, they have free parking just outside the hotel. Overall stay is great, except they charged 200tb for every one hour late check out and each room is given only one umbrella although there are more then one guest during raining time.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2010 via mobile

Not too bad but you can get better for the price... As the below review advices the hotel back in it's day would have been luxury but it's now very old. pool is nice breakfast is good (best omlettes) but overall it would be no more than 3 out of 5! Worth staying for maybe a couple of days maximum!

• Stayed October 2010

Been to The Royal Paradise Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about The Royal Paradise Hotel

Address: 135/23 Rat-U-Thit 200 Years Road, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand
Location: Thailand > Phuket > Kathu > Patong
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#40 Luxury Hotel in Patong
Hotel Class:4 star — The Royal Paradise Hotel 4*
Royal Paradise provides superior rooms and services for tourists to Phuket. Spend a relaxing holiday in Thailand. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Priceline, Despegar.com, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, HotelTravel.com, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your The Royal Paradise Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Royal Paradise Patong
The Royal Paradise Hotel Patong, Phuket

If you own or manage The Royal Paradise Hotel, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.