“Pleasant Stay at Phuket” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Royal Paradise Hotel & Spa

You added The Royal Paradise Hotel & Spa to your Saves list
The Royal Paradise Hotel & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   135/23 Rat-U-Thit 200 Years Road | Patong Beach, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand   |
Ranked #159 of 285 Hotels in Patong
Cochin
“Pleasant Stay at Phuket”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2010

We booked 4 rooms at this hotel for 2 nights stay. The hotel is very beautiful, neatly maintained, nice location, efficient & well behaved staff.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
gothenburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2010

Very nice stay as allways the only negative is thatå the internet in the rom is very expensive

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
Safed, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2010

we stayed at the royal paradise hotel for 12 nights and we enjoyed every second we spent there.
there are travel agencies around the hotel which supply you with a good value tours
the breakfast is very good, and the pool is very clean and fun.
it also has a good fitness center.
rooms are large and clean and offer a good view to the ocean.
the location is wonderful- 2 minutes walk from the famous banagala rd

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Zurich, Switzerland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2010

we stayed there for 3 nights because a friend told us the location was good (to go out, not for the beach)
we were assigned to a room with no balcony first, facing south. old furniture, looked shabby. we asked for a room on the pool side with balcony and we got it but with 2 twin beds they put together. was better
the breakfast is served until 10AM sharp (!!) this is acceptable for a 2 class business hotel but not for a place like phuket where people go to relax and sleep in the morning. at 10.05 everything is literally gone! no last call or so. very disapointing. breakfast is crowded with only one station to ask for eggs, so be patient
the pool is nice but the (3) staff is just sitting lazy at the pool bar. we wating for one hour then went ourselves ask for water. they gave one bottle and told us to come back in 5 min to sign the bill....(!!) why they cannot make 20meters to bring it is a mistery. we didn't go and they run after us angry when we left the pool
we wanted to play pingpong. the table was there but they told us it is broken. it was not, obviously. they were just lazy.
the gym is a joke!
the free wifi is just to dream about.
when we took shower the water kept going on the bathroom floor, even when we tried by all means to avoid it. this is just not functionnal.
we never got a smile or a hello from the maid, which is quite rare in Thailand
the worst happened on checkout : they told we took the laundry bag from the room and they charged us for it. we never saw this bag so they showed us one. (looked like and old piece of garbage bag). we protested. they said if we had no one in the room upon arrival we should have mention it on the first day... we opened our 2 suitcase for inspection in front of all other customers in the lobby. this was very humiliating and unfair. they accepted after 10min not to charge us for that
we will never go back to this hotel and will discourage our friends to go

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
kuala lumpur
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2010

My spouse and I stayed here for 3 nights and we enjoyed our entire stay. I booked this hotel online and gets a lot of introduction from their staff via email. Hotel is nearby shopping, eating and beach, not forgetting Bangla Street. Front desk staff are friendly but not Coconut Coffee Shop staff. They are over work I assumed.

Hotel is easily accessible to Jungceylon Shopping Mall, pubs and bars, food stall, restaurants and etc. Convenient and Safe.

My 2nd trip will be this coming March 2010 but too bad all my friends are not willing so much on their accommodation, so we book Bel Aire Resort instead.. yeah yeah..a lot of bad reviews on this Bel Aire Resort but I hope they won't give us bad rooms and lousy service. I shall post my review on Bel Aire Resort after this trip.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Kuala Lumpur
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2010

I didn't like this hotel for 2 reasons:
1. The description suggests it is on or very near the beach. In reality you have to walk about 10 to 15 minutes if you want to get there. And of course the hotel doesn't have any facility on the beach.
2. I paid about 270 RM for full board (which is about 2700 Bhat). I arrived late evening and expected someone to offer me at least a sandwich or similar. Nobody bothered. Instead, nobody knew about my booking and nobody could confirm my full board booking. There was no mineral water (or at least filtered and boiled water) free of charge in the room not even to welcome you. If you want some, you have to pay for it. The next day (N.B. - my only day there! That's why I wanted full board. I didn't want to waste time looking for restaurants) after I was finally told the booking is OK I was invited to join one of the restaurants. I coudn't choose the Thai one because it was closed. In the Chinese restaurant I had to wait long time because the waiters didn't know I had booked. Then a waiter took the menu out of my hands saying they were going to give me a set. I just had the time to say I didn't want any meat thinking I would get some fish. After waiting again long time I was served a set consisting only of vegetables and rice. Living in Malaysia, I know the different Chinese cookings quite well. I can get in a very simple coffee shop in Malaysia much better food for very little money. And in Malaysia restaurants are more expensive than in Thailand, what everybody knows!. That food had no taste, no spices, no flavours.
I had ordered a fruit juice and a mineral water which finally I was expected to pay. I was said my credit card didn't work (it worked a day before and a day later in Malaysia!) and they couldn't change my RM. After complaining about the quality of my food and the service I was offered the drinks free of charge because of my inconvenience.
I decided to skip the evening meal but I asked for a take-away breakfast for the next day because I had to leave at 5.30 am saying I would like to get fruits and toastede bread.
In the morning I was given the fuits: too tiny little clementines, the bread was plain, not toasted.

In my opinion this happens because the staff doesn't really care of the guests. An artificial smiles on the lips is not enough for a 4 stars hotel!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
Tabriz
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2010

hotele khobiye mitonin az stakhresh lezat bebarin vaghean aliye. az nazare tarahi va memariyam aliye.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to The Royal Paradise Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!