“Totally Terrible” 2 of 5 stars
Review of The Royal Paradise Hotel & Spa

You added The Royal Paradise Hotel & Spa to your Saves list
The Royal Paradise Hotel & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   135/23 Rat-U-Thit 200 Years Road | Patong Beach, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand   |
Ranked #159 of 285 Hotels in Patong
“Totally Terrible”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Very loydness. You can't sleep over night because of the very high desibles sounds from outside which is caused by the party in gay area infront of your hotel. Very ironic. It said that this hotel famously has good halalan food (which is only have 3 kinds of halalan food) but near of this hotel is surrounding by gay area, gay club, gay spa, and so many gay's entertainment. So maybe it was becoming a gay village. So i would not recommend this hotel to families who wants to have a nice rest and nice environment. The next terrible things is the nonsense solution and compensation. At our first night, the night manager told us that we will have a breakfast in the morning as the compensation for the shutdown electricity accident, but in tomorrow morning the breakfast keeper didn't let us to pass in. She easily told us "you can't come in, because your room is not included the breakfast.." and we said that your previous night manager told us that we have rights to have a nice breakfast, and she said again "sorry..i don't received any messages and notes from him..so you still can not come in.." woww, what a "nice" coordination. Or..the night manager actually never have a good intention in giving the compensation. What a liar. What kind of 4 star hotel is that? 4 star of nonsense? Very dissapointing. Totally pissed me off. And also they have slow responses in their receptionist because we've got 50 minutes for our check in. Wasting time. And they wouldn't changes your bathing stuff eveb you have been told them to replace it everyday, so we suggest to not use it to much for the bath soap, the shampoo and other bathing stuff. And for the last terrible things is, don't ever take anything in the room such as slippers, laundry bags etc (which never been charged in other 4 star & 5 star international hotels) because they will charges you very very high, for the example they charges you 200 Baht for the take home slippers. So, don't hope too much for taking that as a souvenirs without digging up your wallet very deeply. So, at the end, their cheap price doesn't mean anything at all!

• Stayed June 2013
Operation M, Manager at The Royal Paradise Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Good Afternoon ,
Thank you very much for your comment and thank you to stay with us for your best time in Phuket . Our Management would like to apologize about the situation on 31 /5/13 for the electric problem the reason is problem form electricity authority after that our cable line defective 2 line then we wait for 6-8 hour to repair it . Our Management would like to say very sorry with all of our customer with this situation .
About the Breakfast is our wrong communication between Night Manager and our staff . Management team know about this situation we would like to apologize again for this situation we promise we will not mistake again .
About the Laundry Bag and slipper actually our hotel policy we have to charge if you would like to take it for souvenir we have price in the price list item already . we will discuss again in the future how we can do ?
Finally ,Thank you very much for your comment we promise we will take the problem to discuss and do the best for our customer . Hope you will come back to see us and visit us again . If you would like to have any assistance please contact to me directly at admin@royalparadise.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Cairo, Egypt
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

the check in was easy and fast
we took a room at the 11th floor so the view was very nice
the room is spacious and clean not so luxurious we stayed at the paradise wing not the royal wing
the breakfast is horrible, except for the egg station, everything smelled like the traditional thai food and no much varieties
the hotel pool is very good
I didn't use the spa
every room has its umbrella which we had to take with us every time we went out as we went in may and this is the wet season in Phuket.
the hotel location is very good, near bangla road where all the night life is
in front of the hotel there is a gay bar but nothing harmful

Room Tip: Paradise wing is better choose a room in a high floor
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Operation M, Manager at The Royal Paradise Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Good Afternoon ,
Thank you very much for stay with us and thank you for your comment , We promise we will keep up our standard for the best service for our customer . Actually our breakfast is International Buffet
we have many kind of food but concentrate more asian food . Our Paradise Thai Spa is very nice place and very good service . Our management hope you will come back to stay with us again and if you would like any assistance please contact me directly at admin@royalparadise.com

Best Regard,
Tegal, Indonesia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

I booked 8 rooms on this hotel via Orbitz since it was good deal. Three of them are in Royal Wings while five of them are in Paradise Wings. Upon arrival, we were greeted by the cut-down electricity in the hotel and also followed by the miscommunication that happened during our check-in. The check-in process took dreadful 50 minutes. However, I'm pleased that Ms. Wann was very helpful so we could get our rooms per our request and didn't charge for the extra bed since actually one of my friend joined with another room from his original room.
After 3 hours from our check-in time, the electricity was still turned off. As you expected, the room was very hot !!! I chose to stay at the lobby since the Wifi is only available in lobby and it was very hot in the room. The Chinese guests; which just checked-in one hour ago were very angry to the night manager of the hotel; some of them asking for a fan since their babies and children cannot sleep. The hotel cannot fulfill the request of the guests which make them very angry. However, it's pity to see that the hotel actually has fan on the reception; where the reception staff could still feel the cool breeze from the fan; while the guests have to stay on their hot room. Five hours passed from our check-in time; so some of my friends are losing our temper. That's why I decide to talk to the night manager; Mr. Muhammad something... We asked when we could get sleep with the electricity on and he couldn't answer for our question. My friend asked to him that we should get compensation from the hotel; we asked for free breakfast for our two rooms (we booked 6 rooms with breakfast; while 2 other rooms are room only) and late check-out. He said yes but we have to inform it also to Front Office Manager on the next day. My friend insisted that we should get proof from him for this deal but he told me that we could tell it to the FOM. Finally, the electricity was recovered after 6 hours from our check-in time.

The hotel location is good, you could walk to Bangla and Jungceylon within few minutes. However, if you travel with your family; I wouldn't recommend it since the hotel is located on the gay area with the loudness of the club nearby. My friends who were in Deluxe Royal Wings cannot sleep at all since there were loud sounds from the gay club next to the royal wings. The beds in Royal Wings are hard like rock either so it adds as an incentive to my friends why they could not sleep on the Royal Wings. The mineral water and the toiletries were not replaced eventhough I requested to clean the room. The room in Deluxe Paradise Wing doesn’t have international channel at all. I couldn’t comment on other rooms because I didn't check but probably the same.

We booked the hotel based on the information that the hotel has halal breakfast buffet since most of my group preferred halal food. However, it tends to be not true since they only provide halal corners with only 3 kind of foods everyday and the halal foods served are only Indian cuisine; which might not cater all segments. The majority of the buffet in restaurant are ham, pork, and other non-halal things so actually it is the same with other hotel in Phuket area. The juice provided were syrup so I chose to drink plain water everytime I have breakfast.

On the next day (Saturday), we didn't have a chance to meet the FOM since we have early tour to Krabi so I talked to the reception staff on the next following day.(Sunday). I talked to the reception staff about the late check-out was confirmed and also free breakfast from the night manager but she told me that only late-check out was granted. I told her that Mr. Muhammad told me that we could get free breakfast for our two rooms but she told me that we can't. Wow..what a liar !!!

The most surprising moments were when we have check-out. Some of my friends use slippers and also laundry bags then they charged for the slippers and laundry bags which I found it rarely happened in other four stars hotels. The charges for Laundry Bags are 250 Baht/bag; while slippers were charged 200 Baht/slippers. If there were 16 Laundry Bags were used; probably you could afford a room on this hotel !!! So beware !!!The FOM told me if I need a receipt for the slippers and laundry bags charges but I asked them whether they would also charge for the receipt since I worried that the receipt would cause another charges.

All in all, it was very disappointing stay since the hotel charges everything; probably the Laundry Bags and slippers charges contributed more than the breakfast charges. I learned something today that cheaper room rate doesn’t mean that would be cheap; my room rate for their Deluxe room was 2,353.58 Baht/night (including taxes). Eventhough it was cheap but it doesn't have great value at all. Imagine if there were two slippers and two laundry bags were used; so the total actual room rate would be 3,253.58 which you might afford other better 4 stars or even 5 stars hotel on this range. However, if you were only need location near to Jungceylon or Bangla in affordable prices, this hotel might be for you.

Room Tip: Book somewhere else
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Good Afternoon ,
And Laundry Bag and slipper actually our hotel policy we have to charge if you would like to take it for souvenir we have price in the price list item already . we will discuss again in the future how we can do ?

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

I ended up staying at this hotel because of our flight time we wouldn't be able to make it in time with the first ferry leaving Ko Phi Phi. We found Royal Paradise Hotel on Agoda.com, and the prices was very reasonable. The hotel is very nice, clean, and the staff is helpful. We only stayed for a night so I can't comment on what it would be to get around town etc, but it seemed close to lots of dining, going out and the beach. The hotel is a little old fashioned looking but again for the price you can't beat it. We tried their Thai restaurant which didn't have too many people, but that may because more people wanted to be in town. The food there was decent and the service was very good. The breakfast buffet is also a nice bonus to have included int the room. Only downfall is the free wifi on the second floor is a bit hit or miss. .

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Operation M, Manager at The Royal Paradise Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Good Afternoon ,
Thank you very for your comment . Our Management would like thank you very much for your interesting to stay with us . Our hotel we promise we will keep our service and our standard and will be improve our standard more for the best hotel in Patong , we hope you will recommend our hotel to your friend and you colleague stay at our hotel because our hotel is more comfortable you will not get bored when you stay at our hotel , Our hotel is near by shopping area , banla road
( Entertainment Road ) , near the beach too . If you would like any assistance please contact to me directly at admin@royalparadise.com.

Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Recently we stayed at the Royal Paradise Hotel, Phuket. The hotel is simply one of the best properties in Phuket. Ideally situated near Patong beach and Bangla street, where the night life of the city is. Hospitality of the staff was very good so also the food. It offers the value for money and we would certainly like to go back.

Room Tip: Rooms on the rear side offers you a good view of the sea
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Good Afternoon ,
Thank you very much for your comment .we 're very happy when our customer very enjoy when stay at our hotel . Our management promise we will keep our standard , best service and improve more for the best hotel in Patong , Our hotel is the center at Patong nearly shopping area and near by entertainment road at Bangla Road .only 5 minute form our hotel to beach . we're look like cities H otel. We hope you will come back and introduce our hotel to your friends and your colleague . If you would like any assistance please send e-mail to me directly at admin@royalparadise.com . Hope to see you soon .

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

Being a flight attendant I have stayed at many world class hotels, although this hotel is not brand new, my partner and I found it had great character and was a very pleasant place to stay, the staff go to great lengths to ensure you have a pleasant stay, the breakfast is great and cocktails are amazing, the housekeepers keep your room immaculate, and you can just stroll down to the shops or the beach as it is located right in the centre of everything, the pool is also great, would definately stay again in a heartbeat, fantastic value! Thanks

• Stayed May 2013
Good Afternoon ,
Thank you very much for your comment and thank you to should to stay with us . We will keep and improve our standard and our service . Actually our hotel we have ISO , Green Leaf and many standard quality . Now our hotel we have plan to improve about the 5 green leaf standard . Every year our hotel we have plan for training about on the job training , How to service to customer etc.
we hope you will come to visit us again and introduce us to your friend or your colleague come to stay at our hotel also . If you have any assistance please contract me directly at admin@royalparadise.com

Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

We checked in for a 3 night stay just to be close to Patong for the end of our holiday but wish we hadn't bothered. Upon check in we didn't receive a smile or hello from any front desk staff, barely a grunt. They didn't bother pointing in the direction of any amenities and we stumbled across the buffet breakfast by accident when trying to access the very poor wifi access - only available in one section of the 2nd floor. This should be no reflection on the bell boys or security staff who were all very friendly throughout our stay.

When our room was ready were were taken up to the 21nd floor were the room was fine and clean. The view was fantastic overlooking the mountains, bay and Bangla Rd with a great balcony. The problems began when we left to go to dinner and the elevator got stuck between floors. We were stuck with 9 other people in the sweltering heat. After ringing the emergency bell several times a woman finally answered said 'one second' and that was all we heard from her. No explanation on what had happened or when we would get out. After about 15 minutes the doors were pulled open and we were had to walk the remaining 5 floors to reception. The most concerning thing about this happening was that 2 out of 3 elevators were now out of order for a 24 floor hotel.

When we went to reception to advise the manager this was not good enough and I would not enter another elevator as I am claustrophobic he was unsympathetic and acted as if we were overreacting. No apology was offered and not once did they ask if we were ok. They finally moved us to a room in the Royal wing which is much newer and only 5 floors up. In the process the manager had a disgraceful attitude and made us sign paperwork saying our reason for moving was 'elevator not working'. He did not care that the actual reason was that we were stuck.

The second room in the Royal Wing was great. A bit bigger but both rooms were great. We were overlooking the pool and much closer to the gay district but would have heard either the gay nighclubs or Bangla rd either way. The noise wasn't all that noticeable once in the room and never kept us awake.

Breakfast had a good variety or food available however it was very hectic and loud, not really a relaxing way to start the morning. One issue the hotel could try to fix is that each morning you receive a 'reserved' sign to put on our table while getting your food. Every single day we returned to our table to find a non-English speaking guest had ignored the sign and taken our table. This wouldn't have been so much of a problem if we weren't struggling to find a table to begin with. I think the hotel would benefit from adding additional languages to the reserved signs to limit frustration of this happening every single day.

Overall the hotel rooms were clean, the pool area looked nice and the hotel is located in a very central area. I would have rated this hotel much higher however the rude front desk staff put a damper on our stay and as a result I would not stay at this hotel again. It is unfortunate that they happened to be the rudest people we met on our holiday as we tried to be as friendly as possible where ever we went and it is upsetting when that kindness is not returned.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Royal Paradise Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!