“Nice place lacking Thai hospitality” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Novotel Phuket Resort

Save Saved
You added Novotel Phuket Resort to your Saves list
Novotel Phuket Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Patong Beach Road, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand   |
Ranked #46 of 276 Hotels in Patong
england
“Nice place lacking Thai hospitality”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

Resort around lobby and pool areas is nice with great views over Patong, Rooms ok well appointed and well serviced daily. Good fun environment around bottom pool daily and kids alike mix well , with the other pools tend to be used by adults . Customer service upon check in was poor, after a long flight and travelling with two kids I arrived around 2am local time and no one helped with luggage, then met a miserable rude person at check in desk, really disappointed as first impressions count and this set us up to a bad start, enough for me to consider finding a new hotel. Overall though this is a good establishment but a lot if staff have a " can't be bothered" attitude.

• Stayed December 2013
NovotelPhuket, Rooms Division Manager at Novotel Phuket Resort, responded to this review, December 24, 2013
Dear Jonnywatson,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience after having stayed at Novotel Phuket Resort.
It was obviously a bad start and I can understand the frustration felt. Please allow me to express our sincerest apologies for the inconvenient experience.
The employee's attitude upon arrival was definitively not acceptable and we will take the necessary action to prevent such behavior as this is very far to be a representative image of the spirit here at Novotel. Indeed, the team and I all strive to provide the best customer experience.
However, we appreciate you finally had a good stay with us and really hope to welcome you back again.
If so, send me a mail in advance at room@novotelphuket.com as I will be pleased to personally welcome you.
Meanwhile, we wish you a merry Christmas and an happy New Year.

Best regards,

Rooms Division Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (343)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

We arrived early and were given an early check in which was excellent but rooms in block 6 are very old and should be avoided as they have not been renovated in years. We are now in block 2 and rooms there have been renovated and are considerably better. The WiFi tends to be a bit slow and we had to ask engineering to take a look at it. The drain in the shower was blocked and overflowed and needed to be cleared. However, the view from the bar, reception and the pools is breathtaking and the staff are extraordinarily friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms in block 6. Rooms in block 2 are better. Ask for a sea facing room.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Roryjdoyle,

Thank you for choosing Novotel Resort for your stay in Phuket and glad to see you already found the time to write a review while staying with us.
Block 6 is actually not that old but some touch-up and minor maintenance may be necessary indeed. Our Chief Engineer has been already informed accordingly.
However, it's true indeed that block 2 is much better as it has been renovated very recently and offer sea view for most of the rooms.
We sincerely appreciate the comment made about the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff and you can count on me to let them know about your observation.
Thanks again for having shared your experience and we are looking forward to seeing you and your family very soon.
Happy festive season.

Sincerely yours,

Amsterdam
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights in december. I have travelled to phuket for about 8 times and stayed in several locations ( bangtao, kamala area and patong). It is a good hotel to begin your holiday with. It is on walking distance to patong beach and the shopping streets ( never need a tuktuk) and it is fortunately not in the middle of patong like the other novotel. Rooms are clean and beds are good. Pool area is great, especially the views from the first terrace. I reckon that in high season (during christmas times) this area gets a little too crowded. Staff is friendly and breakfast was ok as well. Overall price quality is good. You get what you expect from a 4 star Novotel, although not that extra step.

Room Tip: Do not stay in building 1. Very far from the pool area, main lobby and restaurant ( breakfast)
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Budapest, Hungary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

I booked a 4 stars hotel, but I got a 5 stars one!!!! Novotel Phuket is a really excellent place. I spent there 10 nights, and everyting was fantastic! My room was comfortable, the staff was helpful and very nice, I felt as good as at home. I HAVE TO GO BACK AGAIN! Thank you, Novotel Phuket!!!

Room Tip: My room was the number 523. It was marvellous! With a beautiful view onto the sea.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

The property at the Novotel is in a great location, high on a hill, with a great view and lovely pools. But it's a bit out of the way. The hotel does everything possible to help ease the way by offering a 24 hr shuttle to you room (so you don't always have to walk up the hill to it) and down to the bottom of the hill where you can walk to Patong Beach (which is right below the hotel) and the town itself but it is located at the end of the stretch. The staff is friendly but I had a few issues. The food was very mediocre and sometimes bordering on bad. I ate at the Old Fisherman restaurant which has a wonderful view but the food was no better than C rated restaurant - don't waste your money - I ordered the Phuket Lobster and it was basically 2 bites and that was it. The condiments that came with it included sour cream and all the fixings for a baked potato but the sour cream had gone bad - I tried to explain to the wait staff and they didn't understand that I wasn't say it was bad but it went bad - I wanted the chef to know not to serve it to others as it could make them sick. When I told the front desk, they had me feel out a comment card - and said they would give it to the manager right away and that he was on the premises somewhere though they couldn't find him. I was there another few days and you'd think he would have tried to contact me but no, he did not. I also let them know I am a writer and have a blog on traveling (www.oursideoftown.wordpress.com) so you'd think he'd want to apologize but again, he never contacted me - bad management. Another small issue is I tried to have them call and make reservations for me at some of the local restaurants at the front desk (as they have a tour desk but no consierge per se) and then found on my bill, charges for local calls. Since I had not made any local calls on my room phone, I questioned it and was told the hotel charges for phone calls even if they make them. It wasn't much money but it was the principle of the thing - and it left a bad taste in my mouth - When I complained, the front desk felt embarrassed but said it was hotel policy and then once again tried to find the manager, she could not. It seems they need to re-evaluate who is managing this hotel. People come to Patong for rest and relaxation, they want to be pampered. You expect better from a Novotel. On the good side, I had a room that faced a beautiful view with a nice balcony and the rooms were pretty sound proof albeit small.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
NovotelPhuket, Room Division Manager at Novotel Phuket Resort, responded to this review, December 25, 2013
Dear Rona E
Thank you for sharing your experience after your stay at Novotel Phuket Resort.
I feel embarrassed by your comment as none of the Management team, included me, contacted you back in response of the concerns you expressed while staying with us.
Please accept our most sincere apologies for the discomfort felt.
To be very honest with you, this comment card never passed in my hands and it makes me quite frustrated.
This is actually not an excuse as it shows instead a failure in the communication process. And I can guarantee you we already are working on it.
However, you must be sure the team and I don't want our guests to leave unhappy.
Blogger or not doesn't make any difference for us while striving to provide the best customer service, though we all know the importance of "word of mouth"
We appreciate you shared your experience again as it give me the chance this time to address your concerns.
We have noted your observation with regards to the quality/quantity of the food offer at Old Fisherman so as the hotel policy about booking phone calls and would like to thank you for theses constructive feedbacks.
The Chef has been informed accordingly and local calls policy may be revised.
Eventually, you should know our International hotel's Management team has been recently completed by the arrival of our new General Manager.
Hoping this answer finds you well, feel free to contact me anytime at room@novotelphuket.com should you want to discuss more.
Kind regards and our best wishes for 2014.

Sincerely yours,

New Delhi, India
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

though the room was good wth a view,the staff.was not very cordial,we had taken a package and it was not fulfilled.repeated information had to be given no coordination between hotel staff.overall if you are looking for good service and a luxury experience novotel phuket is not the answer,the spa was not upto the mark

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
NovotelPhuket, Room Division Manager at Novotel Phuket Resort, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Dear Adititrip,

Thank you for letting us knows about your experience after having stayed at Novotel Phuket Resort.
We have noted your observation and would like to apologize for the inconvenience experienced during your stay.
Since you mentioned your package has not been fulfilled so as the spa not up to your mark, would you please contact me directly at room @novotelphuket.com so that we can discuss further and address your concern accordingly.
Meanwhile, rest assured we permanently strive to provide friendly and efficient service as guest satisfaction is one of our top priority.
Thanks again for having shared your concern and we sincerely hope to receive more details from you about your experience so that we can take appropriate action, should it be justified.

Kind regards,

Room Division Manager

Been to Novotel Phuket Resort? Share your experiences!