“Excellent hotel!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Novotel Phuket Resort

You added Novotel Phuket Resort to your Saves list
Novotel Phuket Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Patong Beach Road, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand   |
Ranked #14 of 297 Hotels in Patong
Budapest, Hungary
“Excellent hotel!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

I booked a 4 stars hotel, but I got a 5 stars one!!!! Novotel Phuket is a really excellent place. I spent there 10 nights, and everyting was fantastic! My room was comfortable, the staff was helpful and very nice, I felt as good as at home. I HAVE TO GO BACK AGAIN! Thank you, Novotel Phuket!!!

Room Tip: My room was the number 523. It was marvellous! With a beautiful view onto the sea.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank aniko a

3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

The property at the Novotel is in a great location, high on a hill, with a great view and lovely pools. But it's a bit out of the way. The hotel does everything possible to help ease the way by offering a 24 hr shuttle to you room (so you don't always have to walk up the hill to it) and down to the bottom of the hill where you can walk to Patong Beach (which is right below the hotel) and the town itself but it is located at the end of the stretch. The staff is friendly but I had a few issues. The food was very mediocre and sometimes bordering on bad. I ate at the Old Fisherman restaurant which has a wonderful view but the food was no better than C rated restaurant - don't waste your money - I ordered the Phuket Lobster and it was basically 2 bites and that was it. The condiments that came with it included sour cream and all the fixings for a baked potato but the sour cream had gone bad - I tried to explain to the wait staff and they didn't understand that I wasn't say it was bad but it went bad - I wanted the chef to know not to serve it to others as it could make them sick. When I told the front desk, they had me feel out a comment card - and said they would give it to the manager right away and that he was on the premises somewhere though they couldn't find him. I was there another few days and you'd think he would have tried to contact me but no, he did not. I also let them know I am a writer and have a blog on traveling (www.oursideoftown.wordpress.com) so you'd think he'd want to apologize but again, he never contacted me - bad management. Another small issue is I tried to have them call and make reservations for me at some of the local restaurants at the front desk (as they have a tour desk but no consierge per se) and then found on my bill, charges for local calls. Since I had not made any local calls on my room phone, I questioned it and was told the hotel charges for phone calls even if they make them. It wasn't much money but it was the principle of the thing - and it left a bad taste in my mouth - When I complained, the front desk felt embarrassed but said it was hotel policy and then once again tried to find the manager, she could not. It seems they need to re-evaluate who is managing this hotel. People come to Patong for rest and relaxation, they want to be pampered. You expect better from a Novotel. On the good side, I had a room that faced a beautiful view with a nice balcony and the rooms were pretty sound proof albeit small.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Rona E
NovotelPhuket, Room Division Manager at Novotel Phuket Resort, responded to this review, December 25, 2013
New Delhi, India
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

though the room was good wth a view,the staff.was not very cordial,we had taken a package and it was not fulfilled.repeated information had to be given no coordination between hotel staff.overall if you are looking for good service and a luxury experience novotel phuket is not the answer,the spa was not upto the mark

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank adititrip
NovotelPhuket, Room Division Manager at Novotel Phuket Resort, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Dear Adititrip,

Thank you for letting us knows about your experience after having stayed at Novotel Phuket Resort.
We have noted your observation and would like to apologize for the inconvenience experienced during your stay.
Since you mentioned your package has not been fulfilled so as the spa not up to your mark, would you please contact me directly at room @novotelphuket.com so that we can discuss further and address your concern accordingly.
Meanwhile, rest assured we permanently strive to provide friendly and efficient service as guest satisfaction is one of our top priority.
Thanks again for having shared your concern and we sincerely hope to receive more details from you about your experience so that we can take appropriate action, should it be justified.

Kind regards,

Julien Otzenberger
Room Division Manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013 via mobile

From the moment we stepped into the lobby to the moment we left we were treated like V.I.P. As Accor members we we're taken to a lovely room with free tea, coffee and soft drink, this room was available to us for our entire stay and we were encouraged by staff to use it! The hotel is absolutely beautiful, the view is amazing, the three pools are awesome and the food was terrific. There was plenty of activities and plenty to do to keep our 6 year old amused including batik and glass painting by the pool. The prices at the hotel were downright reasonable especially considering the amazing quality of the food and service. The staff were happy to assist us with our every need even the Hotel Manager who escorted us when we left and carried our luggage! My only gripe is that we didn't stay long enough! We will definitely return and stay longer! We have stayed many places in Fiji, Thailand, Singapore and Australia and this hotel was the best!!

Stayed December 2013
NovotelPhuket, Room Division Manager at Novotel Phuket Resort, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Dear Sara,

Thank you for posting such a great review after having stayed with us at Novotel Phuket Resort.
As mentioned, we consider every single guest as a VIP. However, Accor members and repeated guest are entitled to additional benefits such as full access to the Lounge, where you can enjoy a selection of Food and Beverage all day long.
We have noted your observation regarding the hotel location and facilities and would like to thank you for letting us know about your satisfaction.
Moreover, we are happy to hear that your 6 years old child enjoyed the activities as we strive to provide a different program on daily basis.
Finally, rest assured the team and I are always available and willing to assist any guest.
Since you mentioned your previous stay with us was not long enough, we are definitively looking forward to welcoming you back again in the future, hopefully for a longer period this time.
If so, drop me an email at room@novotelphuket.com so that I can look after you and make your stay as enjoyable and memorable as your previous one.

Sincerely yours,

Julien Otzenberger
Room Division Manager
Christchurch, Canterbury, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

Absolutely outstanding location with outlook across Manly beach. Our unit had a large private balcony which was excellent for relaxing. Great restaurant for breakfast, plus easy access to local cafés.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank David C
Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

nice and serene place... especially good for families... We were advised by our travel agent to go to novotel vintage resort rather than novotel phuket but we wanted to stay close to the beach and alas our decision was good... The resort is bang on the beach and a little away from hustle and bustle of the city hence a good place to stay... The room service was also nice... my 7 year old daughter realy enjoyed the kids play area and the 3 pools... overall a nice resort...

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Patong
Novotel Phuket Vintage Park
Grand Mercure Phuket Patong
Novotel Phuket Karon Beach Resort & Spa
Holiday Inn Express Phuket Patong Beach Central
Avista Hideaway Resort & Spa
BYD Lofts Boutique Hotel & Serviced Apartments

Been to Novotel Phuket Resort? Share your experiences!