“Great location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Novotel Phuket Resort

Save Saved
You added Novotel Phuket Resort to your Saves list
Novotel Phuket Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Patong Beach Road, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand   |
Ranked #47 of 271 hotels in Patong
Christchurch, Canterbury, New Zealand
“Great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

Absolutely outstanding location with outlook across Manly beach. Our unit had a large private balcony which was excellent for relaxing. Great restaurant for breakfast, plus easy access to local cafés.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

1,430 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (310)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

nice and serene place... especially good for families... We were advised by our travel agent to go to novotel vintage resort rather than novotel phuket but we wanted to stay close to the beach and alas our decision was good... The resort is bang on the beach and a little away from hustle and bustle of the city hence a good place to stay... The room service was also nice... my 7 year old daughter realy enjoyed the kids play area and the 3 pools... overall a nice resort...

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Manila
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

The hotel is far from the crowded places so if you are the i-want-a-peaceful-place type of person, this place is recommended. Arrived at the hotel at 9 am and our room wasn't available yet so we had to wait until 2 pm for check-in. It was exhausting to wait but they upgraded our room so that was good. This hotel is good for family with little kids. They provide a playroom for children. I prefer to stay near Bangla Road, so the location was just okay. My friend and I planned to go to Bangla Road and we rode the hotel taxi (200 baht) but took as 40 mins because of the traffic. So we planned on getting back to the hotel by just walking at the beach, much less hassle. They have free shuttles to go anywhere but only until 4pm. I think they should have shuttles available until later. You can also ask for a shuttle ride when you're lazy to walk uphill to get to your room.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
NovotelPhuket, Room Division Manager at Novotel Phuket Resort, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Dear Gretz,

Thank you for having taken time to post a review following your recent stay at Novotel Phuket Resort.
Please accept our most sincere apologies for not being able to accommodate you in your room before 2pm and hope the free upgrade compensated for the inconvenience created.
As said, the location is convenient for those who are looking for a quiet and peaceful place.
However, we are close enough to the main attraction of Bangla road for those who are rather looking for adventure.
Finally, we would like to thank you for the constructive feedback regarding our shuttle bus service, and will definitively consider extending further than 4pm for guest convenience.
Thanks again for having shared your experience and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Best regards,

Julien Otzenberger
Room Division Manager
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

I've been to Patong before and I prefer the far end of Patong Beach Rd to escape the noise and congestion that exists in the city. You have to pay for a taxi or tuk tuk to get into the city, but it just feels better to be up on the hillside!

My initial impression of the hotel is what I expected from a Thai resort....a nice looking property, fantastic helpful staff and rooms equitable to a decent 4 star hotel. The hotel though out was quite clean and maintained, with only a few minor issues that stood out.

We had a late check-in and due to the hour, we were unable to resolve a problem with our second room. Anyway, the next morning, Mr Julian was already aware and had taken care of it. Just an example of how efficient the staff is!

I had a nice un-obstructed ocean view room in the building right off the main complex. I felt that the rooms were outdated (excluding the bathroom which was updated). My room had prior repairs to the ceiling that were quite noticeable, and not pleasing to see. While I rarely had time to watch TV, it was installed under a hanging light sconce that obscured part of the TV. It just added to the older feel to the room. Beds were fine and the only noise I heard was from the AC condenser unit across the hall. The view made it perfect!

I was a bit surprised at the hotel beach towels. The hotel strictly enforces accountability on them, to prevent theft, which I fully concur with. I guess theft is so common that the hotel has a replacement cost list of many items in the rooms! However, the towels themselves were poorly maintained. Several times I received ones with holes, tears or heavy frays. Really not what I expected.

The food is too good outside the property, so I didn't eat anything there. It's also a fraction of the hotels cost. The bar with "No Name" on the beach rocks across the street is a favorite of mine for lunch. It doesn't look like much....and may scare some away, but it's good food (no issues!!!) at a decent cost. There's also a market right across from the entrance. You can buy the same beer that is sold on the beach at half the cost. Just have to walk 2 mins more to get it! The large open fish restaurants on Rat-U-Thit Rd (close to Bangla Rd) are a must to try. I recommend negotiating the price on the fish....don't except the 1st quoted price! Really was the best seafood and delivered in minutes.

Lastly, the standard taxi fares to the city are 200 Baht each way. If using a tuk tuk to return at night...discuss bringing you "all the way up" as the hotel shuttle isn't always available. You can get the shuttle next to the security booth at the main gate. A phone is available to call if no shuttle is there.

I do recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
NovotelPhuket, Room Division Manager at Novotel Phuket Resort, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Dear Misterclancy,

Thank you for posting a review after having stayed with us at Novotel Phuket Resort.
It’s always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback, especially considering the continuous efforts of the staff to make every single guest happy and satisfied by the service provided.
Rest assured I will share your comment internally as our people deserve to be recognized for the hard work done.
However, I would like to express my apologies for the inconvenience experienced in the room as for the status of our beach towels. I guess it’s time for us to change our stock and we will do so.
It’s a pity you did not try one of our Restaurant as we do propose an extensive selection of local as well as international dishes for a reasonable price.
Thanks again for sharing your experience and we do sincerely hope to welcome you back again soon.

Kind regards,

Julien Otzenberger
Room Division Manager
Dhaka City, Bangladesh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

I was here with my colleague for a training. The hotel's location was excellent..I liked it.........Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner everything was superb.Location was nice, Service was nice....excellent place for staying.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Been to Novotel Phuket Resort? Share your experiences!