“Enjoyable Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Novotel Phuket Resort

You added Novotel Phuket Resort to your Saves list
Novotel Phuket Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Patong Beach Road, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand   |
Ranked #45 of 278 Hotels in Patong
“Enjoyable Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

My partner stayed at the Novotel in Oct and was pleased with the resort and it's location. Although the resort is located away from the main shopping areas there are tuk tuks always parked outside the main entrance that will take you anywhere you need to go as well as a shuttle bus that runs trips to Jung Ceylon - a main shopping centre filled with shops that have proper branded goods. The 3 tier pool connected by waterfalls at the resort was an attractive addition and we utilised all 3, having a bar by the lower pool as well as a spa made the hot days more enjoyable also. We were lucky enough to have a meal in the Thai restaurant before it closed for renovations and the food was of a good standard, very enjoyable and full of flavour. The restaurant where we had breakfast was inviting, it was nice to sit outside on the balcony & enjoy the view of the Andaman Sea. Although the food was cooked well and tasted good the variety and selections on offer was a bit ordinary - the restaurant offered special nights of a different culture and we shared in both the Swiss and the Seafood buffets, although the food was nice the Swiss night was just a nice roast dinner and did not offer anything different. The seafood buffet was also slightly disappointing - not a lot of variety on offer unfortunately and what was there seemed to be small servings, one thing missing - for me anyway was oysters, something every seafood buffet should have. Simon- The F&B manager was very welcoming & hospitable, he made a point of talking to everyone which was noticed as a highlight, he had only recently started when we stayed so hopefully he can introduce new flavours and more variety to the menu, overall thought the food was of good quality.
Our room was comfortable, the Thai touches to the room were nice too. I liked the bathrobes so much that I bought ne as a souvenir : ) I would have liked to have had a bath in the room as I love my soaks but other than that it was a good room.The openness of the foyer & main entrance was refreshing & very appealing. All the staff were warm, welcoming & very helpful, the security guard at the main entrance - Manasae was very efficient, professional and welcoming, both my partner & I work in the security industry so we were very impressed with the efficiency of the guards.
Overall our stay was a good first visit to Phuket & we enjoyed our time there, thank you to all staff for making our trip memorable.

Room Tip: The only means to get around the resort is on foot & as some of the rooms are in a building set...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (359)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Bathurst, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

We stayed at the Novotel Phuket for our honeymoon. From the moment we checked in with Garlyn at the front desk we were impressed by the happy gentle nature of all of the staff .. Nothing was too much trouble .. we had an ocean view room which had a magnificent view, the bed was a little hard but a call to housekeeping resulted in extra bed toppers and the rest of our stay was fine. Our room was maintained by the ever cheerful and obliging Supit .. she was just delightful.
We ate mostly at the coffee house .. All staff were there were happy, respectful and only too happy to see that we were taken care of. when we didn't have the buffet we were able to order from the menu and all food that we had was well presented and delicious. A very special thanks to Simon, Alex, Maria and Arnold and the guys who organise the shuttle service

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
NovotelPhuket, Room Division Manager at Novotel Phuket Resort, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Dear Debbie,

Thank you for letting us knows about your recent experience at Novotel Phuket Resort.
We are more than glad to know you had a good time with us, especially on that special occasion.
I will definitively share your comment not only with Garlyn, Simon, Alex, Maria, Arnold, Supit and the bell team but with all our staff as well. Indeed, i am pretty sure it will serve as an encouragement to all of them in continuously striving to provide outstanding service.
Thanks again for your positive feedback and hope to see you back soon.

Regards,

Julien Otzenberger
Room Division Manager
New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

I stayed 3 nights at the hotel. I was in building one just by the gate and there is a hotel shuttle to the lobby and back down. Very nice room in a Thai style. There is a nice pool to laze by and cool off in with towels for the loungers. There is a good big café for breakfast with a large selection. I booked a luxury vacations tour at the tour desk and had a good trip. The Thai restaurant had nice courses and live Thai string music. Its a large resort and the Thai people working there are very kind and helpful though there is a large corporation feel to the hotel itself.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Despite all the bad reviews, I found my stay enjoyable, I had a good time:

Reservation, well past experiences proved to me that I had always same issues while going through travel agents, most of my request where not respected or simply ignored. I contacted the hotel directly and my requests of non smoking and sea view were respected.

The room was not too close to the main building but the shuttle arrived shortly after I called the reception to request it.
It was a traditional Thai design room and quite frankly, I preferred it to a fully modern room that lack character.

Breakfast was ok with the choice, tasted good so it was fine for me.

Dinner at the coffee shop was a la carte, and again lots of choices and tasty food. Nice of the Chef to come and say hello and check back later if all was fine. Same with the gentleman called Simon.

Very nice drinks, at the lobby bar, with a gorgeous view of Patong Bay.

Overall I enjoyed very much my staff, staff was always smiling to me and were always helpful.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

Lovely ocean view room that was very clean and comfortable. Nice pool but needs waiter service throughout the day to offer drinks etc. Two of their restaurants were closed and the buffet lunch and dinner were very average. Coffee/ tea pots were often empty at breakfast time and it seemed a hassle to staff when we asked for them to be refilled. We enjoyed staying at the quieter end of Patong beach and happy hour around the poolside bar was good but they need more tables and chairs so people can relax at the end of a hot day and enjoy their cocktails and watch the sun set. We would stay there again but felt the hotel was in money saving mode. The tour desk was excellent with very friendly staff.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
NovotelPhuket, Room Division Manager at Novotel Phuket Resort, responded to this review, November 9, 2013
Dear Jenny D,

Thank you for having stayed with us at Novotel Phuket Resort and let us know afterwards about your experience.
We have noted your remarks and would like to ensure you that appropriate actions have been already taken.
Indeed, all our Food and Beverage outlets are now operating and training have been reinforced in order for our employees to be more efficient and pro-active.
Thank you very much for your positive feedback with regards to our Tour desk Yindee. I will definitively share your comment with the relevant staff as i am pretty sure it will encourage them.

Thanks again for your review and we hope to see you back.

Kind Regards,

Julien Otzenberger
Room Division Manager

Been to Novotel Phuket Resort? Share your experiences!