“Happy of my choice” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Novotel Phuket Resort

Save Saved
You added Novotel Phuket Resort to your Saves list
Novotel Phuket Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Patong Beach Road, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand   |
Ranked #50 of 274 Hotels in Patong
Buenos Aires, Argentina
“Happy of my choice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Great location, very nice staff, Peaceful and quiet, away from Patong noise. Great views !! My only wrong decision was to book only 4 nights here and 2 nights at Karon beach, After checking in at Karon, I definitely want to go back to the Novotel. I will stay again every time I will be back to Phuket.

Room Tip: Ask for higher floor rooms
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
NovotelPhuket, General Manager at Novotel Phuket Resort, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
Dear JMP JMP,
Greetings from your sunny Paradise, Phuket.
Thank you very much for your great response of the Novotel Phuket Resort. I will share this with my team and I am sure they will also be very happy to hear this.
Do let us know when you are planning to come back. My team and I will be delighted to have you back with us.

Shafar Jamaludin | General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (340)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 8 days with my girlfriends. The view from the resort and service was amazing! The rooms would get cleaned everyday and not one of our belongings were touched or went missing. The only downside to it is that it is a 10 minute drive from patong city, we had to take a tuk tuk each time, but Novotel had a free shuttle to Jungceylon, which helped us save heaps of money! It's a great place for a family!!

• Stayed February 2013
Dear Ebrew,
Greetings from the paradise island of Phuket.
Thank you very much for your positive comments. My team and I greatly appreciate it.
Do let us know by contacting the hotel directly for your future bookings.
Looking forward to having you back with us soon.

Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

This grand novetel is way better than the ones we stayed in Canada. The resort has beautiful greenery and 3 pools. It also has wonderful view of the beach (the hotel is on a hill). The staff are courteous and the room we had is decorated with stylish modern Thai style. Very comfortable bed (not too firm and not too soft), excellent water pressure for the shower. The entire resort is very clean and decorated with attention to detail. Wifi in the room works flawlessly. The only thing we were not completely satisfied was the breakfast. Although the buffet breakfast had abundant choices, it was on the bland side (we are picky eaters). We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Travelbug G,
The warmest greetings from the Novotel Phuket Resort.
Thank you very much for you kinds words of the resort. My team and I greatly appreciate it. We are truly happy to hear that you had really enjoyed your stay with us.
I have brought up your comments to our Culinary Team and also our Food and Beverage Service team. Actions have been taken to ensure that our breakfast offerings are of high quality and be the best in the area.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the resort soon. Please do not hesitate to contact us directly for all your future bookings with us.
Thank you.

Shafar Jamaludin | General Manager.
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

It's tired. for the money your paying, you expect more, service was average, food was average, would I stay again here, No!. have been to Phuket 4 times before, 4 different hotels, this is at the bottom. tried to use the business centre, to print of paperwork from my laptop, dont even have the ability to wifi it to the printer or the abilty to download the driver. the wifi offered is a joke, been using the hotel next door, fantastic. The view from building block 5 is great, yet they build the reception centre that high it blocks most of the view, walk up 4 flights of stairs to get to it. plus all the hills over the resort, lack of powerpoints in the room to do anything, lights ill fitting or not working. Balcony has 2 chairs on it, that are that hard you wont sit out there more then 20 minutes. We booked in with 2 people, only got 1 access card, Ok we apparently must go everywhere with each other. Once you remove the card power goes off, return to a room that is well above 30 degrees, and takes hours to cool down. Only 4 plus star rated hotel ive stayed at that doesnt offer toothbrushes and razors for their guests. Were in our home away from home, we arent meant to pack that crap. security staff and shuttle drivers are very friendly. In frank I will return to the IHG of hotels, seem to do it much better.

Room Tip: if you dont like stairs, lower ground floor
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Mike S,
Warm greetings from sunny Phuket.
Thank you very much for your feedback. It is always good to receive all feedback as it give us the opportunity to evaluate ourselves and see where we can and should improve.
Some areas, we have already started without improvements projects such as the building where you were staying, we have started with adding the elevator to the building, which should be ready soon.
We have also informed our internet provider with regards to the WiFi connection and see how we can improve and offer more services to our guests.
I wished that you have informed our Front Desk or Housekeeping Department on your toothbrush and razor request as we do supply them, on a request basis.
Anyway, I appreciate all your feedback and I do hope that you would come and stay with us again in the future and evaluate all the improvements that we would have made by them.
Please do not hesitate to contact us directly for you future bookings.

Surfers Paradise, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Arrival/Checking In:
My expectations are never sky-high at any hotel. But Novotel Phuket in short blew them completely. Arrival and check-in at the resort was smooth and welcoming. Checking in and being greeted by hospitable staff and a cooling refreshing punch given to you enhanced my already big smile from my unbelieveable first impression on the resort.

Location:
Situated on a stunning hill overlooking the Andaman Sea- in the quieter part of Patong, the resort's location is perfect in being situated away from the hustle and bustle of 'party-central' yet only be a 15 minute walk to the jive of town. Tuk-Tuks do cost 200 Baht but we only used them once or twice just to experience riding on one. The walk to town is nice, relaxing and interesting with the many touters.

Resort:
Gardens and landscaping in the resort are immaculate and the resort's surroundings are unbelievably maintained. The rooms itself are no Hilton or Versace, but instead offer a sort-of traditional Thai setting with decor to match with a contemporary twist. Our Queen bed was comfortable, our room was overlooking the sea and an unbelievable sunset each night and the bathroom/shower was clean and very nice. The rooms also contain a mini-bar with local/imported beers, chips, chocolates and miscelannious items like condoms were also at avail. (haha) Sheets were changed everyday, room made and as a test I left a $50 Australian note on the bed to see if housekeeping would pocket, but with amazement was moved to the side but not stolen - so in other words honest staff !

Food:
The food at the resort is repetitive in ways but I couldn't believe some people's comments regarding it. Each night the resort holds different themed buffets (eg. Italian, Seafood, Asian etc) these buffets we would have to say were one of the tastiest and best we have been too (and this includes fancy, cheap places etc). Breakfast buffet has plenty to offer and yes is repetitive but still well catered and delicious western/traditional foods.

Facilities:
The resort has an on-site gym which has a ranging selection and does its job - we'll leave it at that - I still had daily workouts ! The three pools placed on different tiers of the resort are remarkable and all overlook the Andaman Sea and Patong Town. A massage parlour is on-site but never used. Shop/Internet facilities are available and wi-fi in room as well. Elevators are being installed but most blocks have them.

Staff:
Staff at Novotel were friendly friendly friendly! Santiago was my staff member employee of the month in my books, from checking in he was one of the first people I saw. He helped us with directions, advice and transported luggages to our room - really good workethic and bellboy he is ! Everyone else in general was exceptionally friendly and welcoming and attended to any needs. The resort also provides a complimentary shuttle from the entrance of the resort (which is 200 metres down a hill) to the lobby (200 meters up the hill). A shuttle to Patong's Jungceylon mall is also provided complimentary several times a day.

Cons:
Like anything in life there are several cons.

1. Do not book tours through resort. Like previous reviews they do inflate the price - essentially ripping off unknowledgable tourists. Tours for Phi Phi Island were 3000 Baht at resort but with clever bartering on the walk to Patong town I managed to get a jam-packed trip at 1200 Baht.

2. Do not book taxi through resort. It will set you back 1000 Baht instead of 300-400 Baht on the street.

3. If you are physically weak/elderly do not stay here as it is situated on a steep hill. From lobby to rooms also generally is a walk on an incline.

4. Some costs associated within the resort for various facilities/food are a bit more steep then outside the resort but then again they are a business catering for international tourists.

5. If you complain about the littlest things, don't stay at any hotel and stay put at home! Some of the reviews on this page are ridiculous.

Room Tip: Sea-view rooms are well worth it, utilise free shuttles to city and transfers from entrance to lobby...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear tmold94,
Warm greetings from the Novotel Phuket Resort.
Thank you very much for your really extensive feedback. I am certain that not only that I am grateful of your very detailed feedback, but I am sure all our future guests will be too.
We would love to have you back with us in the the future. Do let me know when you are coming back.

Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Novotel Resort Phuket

I love this hotel as much as I love Phuket & that's a lot. This has to be one of the nicest hotels in the area with a huge pool, beautiful rooms, comfy bed, good housekeeping very freidly.

3 superb swimming pools. Peaceful accommodation and excellent view because it's on a hill (mini bus is offered). Great location, next to the beach. Friendly staff.

Filipino Trainees is the Best Customer Service I Have? Very Friendly, Very Polite, Good Comunication Skills (Very Amaze to all the Filipono's staff who speak well English, good sense of humor, which make the Hotel and management Run Smoothly and well Organized and easy to understand. which is very important to all the Guess.

The Bell Boys located at the Service Desk are very friendly and helpful they make your day..Especially to 'Chocolate" he is an Awesome Man very helpful.

The Pool Bar Boys Staff\Gils are very friendly and they always make you feel VIP.

The Security Guard Up and Down they make you feel special makes your day start good

In General from the Bottom to the top Service all the Staff are very nice and Friendly good excellent customer service.

Novotel Phuket up the hill was a brilliant place to stay, friendly staff and the best views!! Didn't want to leave. Close to everything.

Room Tip: Ask for block 5, near the hotel main entrance, and ask for a sea view

Room Tip: Ask for Block 5, near the hotel main entrance, and ask for a sea view
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Trisma,
Warmest greetings from sunny Phuket.
I am delighted to read your comments of our resort. Thank you very much for all the kind words and I am truly glad that you had really enjoyed your stay with us.
I have shared all your comments with the Front Office Team (Front Desk, Bell Boys), the Housekeeping Team, our Security Guards and also the team at the Pool Bar. It really serves as a great motivation to them. They were all smiling and happy to hear each word from your comments.
Please do not hesitate to contact us directly for your future bookings at the Novotel Phuket Resort. My team and I are all looking forward to having you back with us.

Athens, Greece
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Big rooms, we loved local decoration. Excellent breakfast (we loved the strange local fruits). 3 superb swimming pools. Peaceful accommodation and excellent view because it's on a hill (mini bus is offered).

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
NovotelPhuket, General Manager at Novotel Phuket Resort, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Dear Pelazi,

Thank you very much for your comments.

Being located in a tropical country, we do our best to introduce the local culture and also a number of local tropical food and fruits to our guests to experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Novotel Phuket Resort and please do not hesitate to contact the hotel for your future visits.

Shafar Jamaludin | General Manager

Been to Novotel Phuket Resort? Share your experiences!