My expectations are never sky-high at any hotel. But Novotel Phuket in short blew them completely. Arrival and check-in at the resort was smooth and welcoming. Checking in and being greeted by hospitable staff and a cooling refreshing punch given to you enhanced my already big smile from my unbelieveable first impression on the resort.
Situated on a stunning hill overlooking the Andaman Sea- in the quieter part of Patong, the resort's location is perfect in being situated away from the hustle and bustle of 'party-central' yet only be a 15 minute walk to the jive of town. Tuk-Tuks do cost 200 Baht but we only used them once or twice just to experience riding on one. The walk to town is nice, relaxing and interesting with the many touters.
Gardens and landscaping in the resort are immaculate and the resort's surroundings are unbelievably maintained. The rooms itself are no Hilton or Versace, but instead offer a sort-of traditional Thai setting with decor to match with a contemporary twist. Our Queen bed was comfortable, our room was overlooking the sea and an unbelievable sunset each night and the bathroom/shower was clean and very nice. The rooms also contain a mini-bar with local/imported beers, chips, chocolates and miscelannious items like condoms were also at avail. (haha) Sheets were changed everyday, room made and as a test I left a $50 Australian note on the bed to see if housekeeping would pocket, but with amazement was moved to the side but not stolen - so in other words honest staff !
The food at the resort is repetitive in ways but I couldn't believe some people's comments regarding it. Each night the resort holds different themed buffets (eg. Italian, Seafood, Asian etc) these buffets we would have to say were one of the tastiest and best we have been too (and this includes fancy, cheap places etc). Breakfast buffet has plenty to offer and yes is repetitive but still well catered and delicious western/traditional foods.
The resort has an on-site gym which has a ranging selection and does its job - we'll leave it at that - I still had daily workouts ! The three pools placed on different tiers of the resort are remarkable and all overlook the Andaman Sea and Patong Town. A massage parlour is on-site but never used. Shop/Internet facilities are available and wi-fi in room as well. Elevators are being installed but most blocks have them.
Staff at Novotel were friendly friendly friendly! Santiago was my staff member employee of the month in my books, from checking in he was one of the first people I saw. He helped us with directions, advice and transported luggages to our room - really good workethic and bellboy he is ! Everyone else in general was exceptionally friendly and welcoming and attended to any needs. The resort also provides a complimentary shuttle from the entrance of the resort (which is 200 metres down a hill) to the lobby (200 meters up the hill). A shuttle to Patong's Jungceylon mall is also provided complimentary several times a day.
Like anything in life there are several cons.
1. Do not book tours through resort. Like previous reviews they do inflate the price - essentially ripping off unknowledgable tourists. Tours for Phi Phi Island were 3000 Baht at resort but with clever bartering on the walk to Patong town I managed to get a jam-packed trip at 1200 Baht.
2. Do not book taxi through resort. It will set you back 1000 Baht instead of 300-400 Baht on the street.
3. If you are physically weak/elderly do not stay here as it is situated on a steep hill. From lobby to rooms also generally is a walk on an incline.
4. Some costs associated within the resort for various facilities/food are a bit more steep then outside the resort but then again they are a business catering for international tourists.
5. If you complain about the littlest things, don't stay at any hotel and stay put at home! Some of the reviews on this page are ridiculous.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Phuket Hotel
- Novotel Phuket Hotel Patong
- Novotel Hotel Phuket
- Novotel Resort Phuket
- Novotel Patong
- Patong Novotel
- Novotel Phuket
- Novotel Phuket Resort Patong
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Novotel Phuket is a 4 star hotel tucked into a small hillside above the pristine waters of Kalim Bay, within easy reach of the exciting nightlife and shopping of nearby Patong. Enjoy a unique holiday at our resort, which features Thai architecture and is surrounded by 8 acres of lush tropical gardens. The hotel boasts a three tiered swimming pool, Thai massage centre and Kids Club, plus two bars and three restaurants for you to enjoy. The perfect destination for that dream tropical getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Orbitz, Tingo, Priceline, Otel, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, ACCOR and Venere so you can book your Novotel Phuket Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.