“Our second visit - more to come......” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Novotel Phuket Resort

Save Saved
You added Novotel Phuket Resort to your Saves list
Novotel Phuket Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Patong Beach Road, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand   |
Ranked #45 of 261 hotels in Patong
Sydney, Australia
“Our second visit - more to come......”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

This is our second time at this resort and we love it. The rooms are beautiful, the location is great, the staff are just wonderful. Breakfast was good - the pool was brilliant. We love this resort and the staff - we will definitely be back again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
NovotelPhuket, General Manager at Novotel Phuket Resort, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
Dear travellingwoodburrys,
Thank you very much for your great comments again and also for returning to the Novotel Phuket Resort again. I am delighted to hear that my team had again met your expectations and had again did what they do best, which is taking care of you.
I hope to see you back here for your third time and I hope it would be soon.
Do let me know of your next travel plan.
Looking forward to seeing you again at the Novotel Phuket Resort.

1,433 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (309)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Hong Kong, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

This is a very good hotel.

Pros: Great location, next to the beach. Friendly staff. Cheap drinks at the hotel bar during happy hour. The hotel owner and his son were very nice to us, and even gave us a 10% discount to encourage us to go on some of the tours.

Cons: There are various day tips that you can do whilst in Phuket. They include: Phi Phi island (lovely beaches & water, but crowded with many boats full of tourists), Fantasia show, and James Bond island. All these day trips are EXPENSIVE. And we booked thru the hotel. But then regretted it instantly, because if you book via the touts/shops on the any street in Phuket, you can get the same trip for 20-40% cheaper. In short, do not book your posh day trip thru the hotel, it is a rip off.

Other cons is that the hotel breakfast is quite boring and small in scope. You get bored of trying the same sausages after a few days. Lastly, they are currently installing elevators, and hopefully it should be finished sometime in 2013. But it was exhausting to have to walk 3-4 flights of stairs all the time.

Lastly, the hotel staff supervisor woman was nasty. We wanted to book an taxi to the airport on our last day. And I rang concierge and asked her to sort it out for me. Instead, they just patched my phone call DIRECT to a local taxi company and expected me to make the booking myself! With the taxi company.

In short. For the kind of money, you pay, this kind of service was not what we liked.

Lastly, Phuket is a nice place. But for the kind of money you spend, I would suggest you seriously consider other places like Cebu in the Phillipines for example. More friendly people, bettery quality beaches, lovely clear water and lots of fish in the water. Yes. If you want a sun & beach holiday, I would recommend you go to Cebu in the Phillipines;

Room Tip: Ask for block 5, near the hotel main entrance, and ask for a sea view
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Ian0345,
Warm greetings from the sunny island of Phuket.
Thank you very much for your comments with regards to your stay with us.
I have shared your comments with my team to ensure that should there be anything that they can improve, it will be done and I will personally look into these matters.
The hotel does offer organized tours and sightseeing trips through our tour desk. We provide convenience to our guests, where they do not have to search for these themselves and also we provide safety in the sense that all the services that we offer through our Tour Desk area safe and professionally organized, and most importantly, properly insured. And for such reason, they are sometimes priced slightly higher that than the street-side tour counters.
Again, thank you very much for your comments.

melbourne australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

The staff at the Novotel are really delightful and everyone has a smile for you. However- the hotel is getting pretty old now. It's really clean and sparkling but it is showing it's age.
We knew before going that the hotel is on a steep hill- no secrets there. What you don' t think about it that there isn't just hill up to the hotel- the entire hotel to go anywhere involves steps. We were fine but if you are elderly or have toddlers I think it would become tedious.

We tossed up between Novotel and B Lay Tong, and after doing a walk through of B lay i wished we had stayed there because it was new and had a lovely pool and it was on flat ground! This end of Patong beach is really good though- the beach is nicer and it is so much queiter. It is very crowded at the southern end.

Something we loved about the Novotel was the sea breezes you get due to being up high and the sunsets were magnificent. Breakfast was not as good as the Novotel bangkok which is a lot cheaper as a hotel. It was also a bit disorganised with collection of dirty plates and cutlery. This isn't the fault of the staff who were extremely obliging when asked- rather who trained them in my opinion. If you stay here I wouldn't be looking at spending any more than $150 a night or you might be disappointed. Comparing to Novotel BKK at less than half what we paid here which has great rooms, pool and new bathrooms i think they need to take a look at a refurb soon.

Dear intrepidaussie_8,
Warm greetings from the Novotel Phuket Resort.
Thank you very much for your kinds words and comments and the team and I greatly appreciate it.
I am glad that you had pointed out all the points where we can improve and I have shared this with my team and ensured that the people concerned have taken the steps to get them rectified. The team leaders have increased the amount of training that is being done to new team members and I can assure that it has improved since.
The location of the resort is just strategic that in addition to the great view that you get here, you will also get a nice breeze flowing into every corner of the resort as you mentioned.
Again, thank you very much for you feedback and I hope that the next time that you are back in Phuket, it will be with us again.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Novotel Phuket up the hill was a brilliant place to stay, friendly staff and the best views!! Didn't want to leave. Close to everything. The breakfast was amazing, catered for everyone. The pools were awesome and a great place to relax with privacy.

Room Tip: Sea view room... Beautiful
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Der rTrudy P,
Warmest greetings from the paradise island of Phuket.
Thank you very much for your kind words. My team and I truly appreciate your positive feedback. We are all looking forward to welcoming you back to the Novotel Phuket Resort soon.

Crewe, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Stayed here for couple of days.Hotel is set back off road up a very steep hill-you have been warned!!!
Rooms set in small blocks but very quiet with stunning views.Lots of dark wood which I found bit depressing but rooms are clean and cool.
Pools set over 3 levels so space for everyone with sunbeds and towels all available.
Pool bar perfect location for watching sunset with cold drink in hand!
Breakfast plentiful,tasty and lots of choice.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear letsgomurphy,
Greetings from Phuket.
Thank you very much for your kind words. My team and I greatly appreciate your feedback.
We hope to see you back with us soon so that we can show you our newly refurbished room or our deluxe room (a higher category) where it has a different set up and color scheme.
I look forward to seeing you back here soon.

Buderim, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

After many years of reading TA, this is my first review. After staying at The Novotel Resort from 10th Jan to 20th Jan 2013, I really felt obliged to put some effort in from my side.

Location, layout, style, pools, facilities were simply excellent. this location is close to the bussle of Patong (15 minute walk) but far enough away to not hear or see. Quite peaceful. the hotel bus will take you into the town if you wish and pick you up too (up to 16.15). Once in Patong, there are 100s of restaurants. there are also excellent restaurants on the road just outside the hotel.
The hill is steep, but did not cause us a concern. It may be tough for young families. I suggest they try to book rooms on the pool levels.
The pools were on 3 levels so the guests were split across them.
The gym had everything we needed from treadmill to weights. Good sauna and shower.
And free internet access across the hotel.

The rooms were clean and well decorated. We had 3 adults in a beach view (delux) at the top of the hill. Room cleaning was beyond our expectation. For example, I became ill after eating in Patong one evening. The cleaner found me laying in bed the next day. She cleaned up quickly and left me alone. About 3 hours later, I received a call from receptation asking if there is anything I need for my recovery? Do I need a doctor? Thats great hotel staff teamwork.

Breakfast was fantastic and we looked forward to it daily. The offering was huge and the quality high. All nationalities were catered for. Huge choice. The restaurant staff were great too - they are so friendly. You need to be careful and clear with language as there are many nationalities, but they do their best by offering excellent service in a very friendly way.

We ate snacks and dinner in the hotel too, but usually we went to Patong for dinner, which is so cheap with great offerings.

the service and staff across the hotel is just 100%. Restaurant, room cleaning, reception, tours, spa were so friendly with no pressure.

Other comments. a) the beds are hard. It did not bother us. b) designated smoking areas would be good

All in all a great holiday. Well done Novotel Resort

Dear philip h,
Warm greetings from the Novotel Phuket Resort.
Thank you very much for your kinds words. My team and I truly appreciate your honest opinion of the resort.
I am sure that this review would also benefit our future guests as its very detailed and informative.
Do let us know should you plan to come back to the resort in the future. We are all looking forward to having you back with us.

Shafar Jamaludin | General Manager

Been to Novotel Phuket Resort? Share your experiences!