This is a very good hotel.
Pros: Great location, next to the beach. Friendly staff. Cheap drinks at the hotel bar during happy hour. The hotel owner and his son were very nice to us, and even gave us a 10% discount to encourage us to go on some of the tours.
Cons: There are various day tips that you can do whilst in Phuket. They include: Phi Phi island (lovely beaches & water, but crowded with many boats full of tourists), Fantasia show, and James Bond island. All these day trips are EXPENSIVE. And we booked thru the hotel. But then regretted it instantly, because if you book via the touts/shops on the any street in Phuket, you can get the same trip for 20-40% cheaper. In short, do not book your posh day trip thru the hotel, it is a rip off.
Other cons is that the hotel breakfast is quite boring and small in scope. You get bored of trying the same sausages after a few days. Lastly, they are currently installing elevators, and hopefully it should be finished sometime in 2013. But it was exhausting to have to walk 3-4 flights of stairs all the time.
Lastly, the hotel staff supervisor woman was nasty. We wanted to book an taxi to the airport on our last day. And I rang concierge and asked her to sort it out for me. Instead, they just patched my phone call DIRECT to a local taxi company and expected me to make the booking myself! With the taxi company.
In short. For the kind of money, you pay, this kind of service was not what we liked.
Lastly, Phuket is a nice place. But for the kind of money you spend, I would suggest you seriously consider other places like Cebu in the Phillipines for example. More friendly people, bettery quality beaches, lovely clear water and lots of fish in the water. Yes. If you want a sun & beach holiday, I would recommend you go to Cebu in the Phillipines;
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Novotel Phuket is a 4 star hotel tucked into a small hillside above the pristine waters of Kalim Bay, within easy reach of the exciting nightlife and shopping of nearby Patong. Enjoy a unique holiday at our resort, which features Thai architecture and is surrounded by 8 acres of lush tropical gardens. The hotel boasts a three tiered swimming pool, Thai massage centre and Kids Club, plus two bars and three restaurants for you to enjoy. The perfect destination for that dream tropical getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, ACCOR, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Novotel Phuket Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Phuket Hotel Patong
- Novotel Hotel Phuket
- Novotel Resort Phuket
- Novotel Patong
- Patong Novotel
- Novotel Phuket Resort Patong