“A great holiday at Novotel Phuket resort” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Novotel Phuket Resort

You added Novotel Phuket Resort to your Saves list
Novotel Phuket Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Patong Beach Road, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand   |
Ranked #27 of 285 Hotels in Patong

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (393)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
melbourne australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

The staff at the Novotel are really delightful and everyone has a smile for you. However- the hotel is getting pretty old now. It's really clean and sparkling but it is showing it's age.
We knew before going that the hotel is on a steep hill- no secrets there. What you don' t think about it that there isn't just hill up to the hotel- the entire hotel to go anywhere involves steps. We were fine but if you are elderly or have toddlers I think it would become tedious.

We tossed up between Novotel and B Lay Tong, and after doing a walk through of B lay i wished we had stayed there because it was new and had a lovely pool and it was on flat ground! This end of Patong beach is really good though- the beach is nicer and it is so much queiter. It is very crowded at the southern end.

Something we loved about the Novotel was the sea breezes you get due to being up high and the sunsets were magnificent. Breakfast was not as good as the Novotel bangkok which is a lot cheaper as a hotel. It was also a bit disorganised with collection of dirty plates and cutlery. This isn't the fault of the staff who were extremely obliging when asked- rather who trained them in my opinion. If you stay here I wouldn't be looking at spending any more than $150 a night or you might be disappointed. Comparing to Novotel BKK at less than half what we paid here which has great rooms, pool and new bathrooms i think they need to take a look at a refurb soon.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
NovotelPhuket, General Manager at Novotel Phuket Resort, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
Dear intrepidaussie_8,
Warm greetings from the Novotel Phuket Resort.
Thank you very much for your kinds words and comments and the team and I greatly appreciate it.
I am glad that you had pointed out all the points where we can improve and I have shared this with my team and ensured that the people concerned have taken the steps to get them rectified. The team leaders have increased the amount of training that is being done to new team members and I can assure that it has improved since.
The location of the resort is just strategic that in addition to the great view that you get here, you will also get a nice breeze flowing into every corner of the resort as you mentioned.
Again, thank you very much for you feedback and I hope that the next time that you are back in Phuket, it will be with us again.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Novotel Phuket up the hill was a brilliant place to stay, friendly staff and the best views!! Didn't want to leave. Close to everything. The breakfast was amazing, catered for everyone. The pools were awesome and a great place to relax with privacy.

Room Tip: Sea view room... Beautiful
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Der rTrudy P,
Warmest greetings from the paradise island of Phuket.
Thank you very much for your kind words. My team and I truly appreciate your positive feedback. We are all looking forward to welcoming you back to the Novotel Phuket Resort soon.

Crewe, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Stayed here for couple of days.Hotel is set back off road up a very steep hill-you have been warned!!!
Rooms set in small blocks but very quiet with stunning views.Lots of dark wood which I found bit depressing but rooms are clean and cool.
Pools set over 3 levels so space for everyone with sunbeds and towels all available.
Pool bar perfect location for watching sunset with cold drink in hand!
Breakfast plentiful,tasty and lots of choice.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear letsgomurphy,
Greetings from Phuket.
Thank you very much for your kind words. My team and I greatly appreciate your feedback.
We hope to see you back with us soon so that we can show you our newly refurbished room or our deluxe room (a higher category) where it has a different set up and color scheme.
I look forward to seeing you back here soon.

Buderim, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

After many years of reading TA, this is my first review. After staying at The Novotel Resort from 10th Jan to 20th Jan 2013, I really felt obliged to put some effort in from my side.

Location, layout, style, pools, facilities were simply excellent. this location is close to the bussle of Patong (15 minute walk) but far enough away to not hear or see. Quite peaceful. the hotel bus will take you into the town if you wish and pick you up too (up to 16.15). Once in Patong, there are 100s of restaurants. there are also excellent restaurants on the road just outside the hotel.
The hill is steep, but did not cause us a concern. It may be tough for young families. I suggest they try to book rooms on the pool levels.
The pools were on 3 levels so the guests were split across them.
The gym had everything we needed from treadmill to weights. Good sauna and shower.
And free internet access across the hotel.

The rooms were clean and well decorated. We had 3 adults in a beach view (delux) at the top of the hill. Room cleaning was beyond our expectation. For example, I became ill after eating in Patong one evening. The cleaner found me laying in bed the next day. She cleaned up quickly and left me alone. About 3 hours later, I received a call from receptation asking if there is anything I need for my recovery? Do I need a doctor? Thats great hotel staff teamwork.

Breakfast was fantastic and we looked forward to it daily. The offering was huge and the quality high. All nationalities were catered for. Huge choice. The restaurant staff were great too - they are so friendly. You need to be careful and clear with language as there are many nationalities, but they do their best by offering excellent service in a very friendly way.

We ate snacks and dinner in the hotel too, but usually we went to Patong for dinner, which is so cheap with great offerings.

the service and staff across the hotel is just 100%. Restaurant, room cleaning, reception, tours, spa were so friendly with no pressure.

Other comments. a) the beds are hard. It did not bother us. b) designated smoking areas would be good

All in all a great holiday. Well done Novotel Resort

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear philip h,
Warm greetings from the Novotel Phuket Resort.
Thank you very much for your kinds words. My team and I truly appreciate your honest opinion of the resort.
I am sure that this review would also benefit our future guests as its very detailed and informative.
Do let us know should you plan to come back to the resort in the future. We are all looking forward to having you back with us.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at Novotel Phuket Resort for our honeymoon in july. The hotel has a perfect location: you are just in the centre of Patong but away from its crowd at the same time. It takes 15 minutes to walk to the very centre or you may take tuktuk which is quite cheap and would take you there within some minutes. The hotel itself is very lovely, clean, the food is good and the staff is really friendly. It should be 5 stars hotel indeed. We have perfect memories about the hotel, the view, the pool.. Everything is just so good in Novotel Phuket Resort. Highly reccomended!

• Stayed July 2012
kuala lumpur
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for two nights. Breakfast was good although tea and coffee service not very attentive. I had to get my own.

The room is average but the bathroom is the worst. Plumbing is really bad. Whole bathroom was flooded when I shower. Water wasn't going down fast enough and the shower floor was same level as the floor, causing a flood in the whole bathroom. Shower also had this weird seat thingy that was mouldy and I can't quite figure out the function.

The only good thing is the location. Would not return here again.

• Stayed December 2012

Been to Novotel Phuket Resort? Share your experiences!