I stayed here with my wife and two teenage daughters in early April 2012. We had a fantastic time. The staff are excellent. The location is ideal - close enough to the action of the Patong Beachfront but far enough away so you can easily escape the hustle and bustle. It is also perched on the hill at the northern end of the beach, affording magnificent views from the common areas of the resort and your room if you get a seaside room. We ate breakfast each morning in the hotel and also made use of 'The Old Fisherman's' restaurant as well as the buffet dinner and pool bar menu. Breakfast, dinner buffet and pool bar food were excellent. The only criticism I have was our dinner at the Old Fisherman's. We ate here on a Sunday night when they have the all you can eat seafood BBQ. I was not particularly impressed with the food on this occasion and was disappointed by the service. Being a serve-yourself buffet, we got straight into the food. The drinks we ordered when we first sat down were not delivered until we had almost finished eating, and this was only after I reminded the staff. When we arrived, there was only 1 other table with people, so being busy was no excuse.
We were also here during the tsunami warning that occurred on 11 April. While the staff were very good at getting everyone to safety, the subsequent minimal information and updates for the nearly 4 hours we waited was disappointing. At least we had access to the lobby bar for this time...
The rooms we had were terrific. Clean and spacious with brilliant ocean views. Beds were a little hard for my liking, but better than others I have had recently.
I would whole heartedly recommend this resort to anyone looking for quality accomodation in Patong Beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Novotel Phuket is a 4 star hotel tucked into a small hillside above the pristine waters of Kalim Bay, within easy reach of the exciting nightlife and shopping of nearby Patong. Enjoy a unique holiday at our resort, which features Thai architecture and is surrounded by 8 acres of lush tropical gardens. The hotel boasts a three tiered swimming pool, Thai massage centre and Kids Club, plus two bars and three restaurants for you to enjoy. The perfect destination for that dream tropical getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Novotel Phuket Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Phuket Hotel Patong
- Novotel Hotel Phuket
- Novotel Resort Phuket
- Novotel Patong
- Patong Novotel
- Novotel Phuket Resort Patong