“Big Disappointment” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Novotel Phuket Resort

You added Novotel Phuket Resort to your Saves list
Novotel Phuket Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Patong Beach Road, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand   |
Ranked #31 of 284 Hotels in Patong
Cape Town
“Big Disappointment”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2011

This has to go down as one of the worst hotels I ever stayed in.

It all started up on check in. I notice a small print letter at reception informing guess that the second pool is out of order from the 1st of June but no mail was send to inform us or offer us another hotel. The reception staff didn't even bother to inform us about the pool that was out of order or to say sorry for the inconvenience. We stayed in room 722 which is a very big beautiful room and a very nice view of Patong beach. We were very happy with the room but little did we know what was waiting for us the following morning.

We were awaken by a very loud noise which sounded like you were on a building site, this much be the reason why we didn't have any cold water in our room. I can't believe that they would put a guess in a room where they are doing maintenance work right above, I could not even open my doors with the noise being so loud.

We went down the next evening to the lobby to ask for the vehicle down to the main road which the hotel offers to the guess seeing that the resort is on a very steep uphill, we waited over 20minits for the vehicle to arrive but it did not arrive at all, when we asked where the vehicle was the lady said "why you not walk down" which we then did, as we came to the bottom only to find the guy sitting and making jokes. I asked him why he did not come up to the lobby and he said "he wasn't inform to come up for any guess".

The next morning I asked for an iron and iron board which I waited for over 20minits and after 3calls the phone was slammed down in my ear. When I went down to reception to asked why the phone was slammed down in my ear the lady said " we where busy" in a very rude way. Also the same day in the evening me and my sister went down to the pool to swim and asked for a towel and the pool attendant was rude by looking at me and asking me are you a guess at the hotel. I founded this very rude the way he asked me this.

It is almost as if it is to much trouble for anything to get done in the resort. Also like to point to you that on my last day as we were busy getting ready to leave for the airport and still had to charge or phones and iPads the power went off for almost an hour leaving us with no aircon or power to charge anything.

This was suppose to be the highlight of our holiday and turned out to be the biggest disappointment. We where booked to stay in the Le Meridien resort and changed our mind and book to stay at Novotel. I'm very very deeply unhappy with everything that happend during our stay, this was suppose to be a birthday present for my sister but this hotel really let me down.

I will think twice before booking in this hotel again if this is the way they treat there guess or tell my friends to stay here.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (388)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2011

Overall an amazing experience. The staff are extremely friendly.
It is set in the mountains far from the main nightlife (approximately 1 1/2kms), which for us was perfect as we brought 3 teenage boys and an 8 yr old. The daily buffet breakfast was awesome. We had dinner a few times in their restaurant, the food is reasonable and very nice. Their service is outstanding I can not fault them.
We did take advantage of the daily activities they ran, which were good. The Batik Painting is a must, as you also get to keep your painting as a keep sake memory. I plan on framing ours!
The children made most of the 3 pools and views from our superior room were breathtaking. Rooms were serviced daily, the housekeeping staff and bell boys are amazing, they really do go out of their way.
As it is set on a hill, they do have a shuttle service available, from reception to the bottom of the resort. We made most of this as it is too hot and steep to walk. The staff were soo friendly and are available anytime you want up to 11pm.
There is also a Jungceylon (shopping centre and heart of Patong) shuttle service available. I highly recommend you utilise this and book in advance, remember to book return service. The tuk tuk can get quite pricey as it is $200 baht each way, whereas the shuttle is free!!.
If you are a shopaholic like I am, I would probably recommend to organise your shopping days in line with the shuttle etc, to save on travel costs or stay in central Patong for few days. Holiday Inn was in a good location, but to be honest the nightlife can get loud and probably not ideal for young children. Really depends if your a party animal or prefer relaxation.
An amazing hotel and I would definitely return. The pictures you see on the Novotel Phuket website, are 100% what you will see there upon arrival.
Before booking we also became Accor Advantage plus members, you save further on hotel bookings and meals for 2 are discounted at 50% and 3 is 33%. This helped us out significantly. Children under 16 yrs eat breakfast daily for free with paying adults.
There is also a convenience store just across the street, I would recommend purchasing drinks and chips from this store, extremely cheap in comparison to the hotel

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

As a-club platinum member, I have stayed so many accor hotels worldwide, I fell very comfortable to stay with accor hotels, but this hotel changed my mind.

The check-in service is so bad, and shuttle bus driver is so rude, and food /drinks that we ordered from pool side bar is so disgusting. It is a nightmare! I am glad we check out from this hotel.

We were ignored by the receptionist when we arrived in hotel at 5 pm, the excuse is that it was their dinner time, so they were not available to take care of the guest?

For the shuttle bus from lobby to entrance, it runs at any time, there is no instruction to tell us what we should do, so we sit in the shuttle and wait quietly, one minute later, the shuttle driver came and shouted us," where do you want to go? why don't you tell me ?" I don't understand why he was angry, and we even don't know he is driver, It is normal for this hotel?

In Thailand, fresh fruit juice can be ordered almost every restaurant, but not at Novotel Phuket, do you believe it? They only have soft drink or some artificial flavour milk shake, terrible taste! We ordered the pasta and Thai fried noodle in Pool side bar, it took long time to be served, and the Italian pasta cooked like a Chinese noodle soup, so watery! and Thai fried noodle are so dry and stick together. I double if they were freshly cooked, or just warmed it. In the evening, we had a big problem in our stomach with these lousy food!

If this was the standard of Novotel, I won't choose this brand any more.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Mumbai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2011

The Resort was beautiful and large.Rooms had beautiful sea side view.Swimming pools were great.Had pool games.
The Resort was a walking distance to the beach.
In short Value for money,clean,good breakfast spread.good restaurants.

Room Tip: Rooms with a sea side view is the best.balcony to.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2011

We stayed here in April 2001 when my husband and I came for our honeymoon. We loved it so much that we decided to return with our two children for our family holiday. The service was fantastic from the moment we sent our enquiry via the internet. When we arrived at the Novotel the very friendly staff were there to greet us and offer us a refreshing drink. We were then offered an upgrade into a family suite which was superb. The view from our room was just beautiful. The kids had a ball in the swimming pools and the food in the restaurant was first class. We will definitly be back to stay next time we are in Thailand.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family

Been to Novotel Phuket Resort? Share your experiences!