“We'll be back!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Blue Ocean Beach Resort

You added Blue Ocean Beach Resort to your Saves list
Blue Ocean Beach Resort
3.5 of 5 Small Hotel   |   78/2 Muen Nguen Road | Tri Trang Beach, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand   |
Ranked #205 of 338 Patong B&B and Inns
3.0 of 5 stars 39 Reviews
Byron Bay, Australia
“We'll be back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

Thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Great view from the room, friendly helpful staff, peaceful but close enough to the action so you get the best of both worlds at your whim. Food at Hotel is really enjoyable, we'll definitely be back!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

Most of the bedrooms have a bay ocean view which is beautiful and magnificent and the air conditioned rooms are large, comfortable with a bath. Like others have commented the hotel is about 5 minute drive from Bangla Road and costs about 300 baht each way however the hotel does offer limited free shuttles through out the day the last coming home at 1840hrs from Jungcelon. Although the hotel does have a lift there are still some stairs to walk which isn't a problem for most but not wheelchair friendly. Bar and restaurant costs come with additional service fees and taxes which can be misleading as a lot of other places do not. The pool area is clean and refreshing with a bar. The beachfront is nice and secluded and there is also the more popular Tri Trang beach about 5 minute walk which also offers contact with a local baby elephant who does swim in the ocean which is a bit of a treat and great for kids. Overall a nice place to stay but if you are after the night life you may be better staying in Patong Beach area itself.

Room Tip: 95% of rooms have a great ocean view however there are a few with not quite as good a view due to th...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Tahmoor, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

This hotel is out of town. But the beauty of that is that the hotel is quiet. The staff is friendly and the food is good. Pool is nice and the beach is ok to swim in... Will come back. The staff try to help the best they can. As it was our first time travelling abroad it was wonderful.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

I came across Blue Ocean Beach Resort on Scoopon, and to be honest, I did not have high expectations. I just wanted a good price place to stay with a good view. I was taken by surprise when I arrived as I very much enjoyed my stay at this resort.

The room was very wide and was not crowded with decoration. Staffs were quite friendly. (Don't expect 5 star services, the resort is quite small)

I also loved the idea of a pool table in the lobby. My friends and I would play a game or two every now and then while drinking beer. It was quite relaxing.

Although the beach is a little rocky and hard to swim in, it was still a very beautiful sight to have just outside the room.

I recommend this place for those who are easygoing and independent.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

Ok so it's out of the way a bit, but if you are looking to be away from the noise of Patong it's brilliant.

We stayed on the 6th floor at the very edge of the hotel and could access the free wifi with no problem in our room. The rooms are huge, you won't find a "modern" hotel with rooms and bathrooms as big as this one.

The view from our room was amazing as from the pool and bean bag sitting area. We found the staff to be more thank accommodating, we were shown to our room when we arrived and the receptionist explained basically everything we needed to know.

I had purchased the Scoopon Voucher and feel that I got a deal!!

We didn't try the room service, but we had dined at the Tri Trang restaurant just down from the hotel and the Blue Mango Bar and Grill which is about a 15 min walk from the hotels main entrance (turn right and it's worth the hills you go and and down to get to it)

I would recommend giving this hotel a chance!!

• Stayed March 2014
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

I have been traveling through Thailand for over 2 weeks and felt like this was one of the best resorts I've come across on low budget traveling.

The view of the beach from the hotel room was completely breath-taking! It felt like I owned a private beach during my stay! The hotel is not too big, which gives off more of a personal and private vibe.

After spending days around the hectic town of patong, it was pretty relaxing to get back to a location where the only sound you hear are the sound of waves. The location of the hotel was perfect, it wasn't too far from the main town but was far enough to get some peace of mind.

The majority of the staffs were friendly and were helpful although room service wasn't available at all times. The rooms were clean and were very comfortable.

Overall, my stay at Blue Ocean Beach Resort was pretty enjoyable and I would definitely consider returning!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

My friend and I stayed here on the 5 night scoopon voucher. Luckily we only paid a cheap voucher rate, I would never pay the full rate.
We arrived quite late on the first night, we were advised we were on the 5th floor. There are no elevators and the man at the front desk initially was not going to help me with my suitcase. He eventually agreed to after I asked him to. Shouldn't this be offered? In general we found the staff to be incredibly rude and indifferent. They treated us as annoyances, you could tell they wish we'd go away so they could youtube, text and chat instead of assisting us. The front desk was horrible and confused. It took 6 hours for them to get us the only iron in the hotel. They refused to call a taxi for us, I had to walk up the road in a gown and heels on the way to a wedding to get a taxi. There was no phone manner, just "yep. Yep. Yep. *hangs up*" Staff snatched towels off us we were returning. The only polite staff were in the food area; the man who made the omelets was so lovely. However this was not enough to atone for the behavior of the entire staff.
I found the room to be really good. Nice, spacious, not too outdated. The view on the fifth floor was incredible, easily the best thing about our stay.
Apparently you can only get the wifi in the lobby but we also got in on our balcony, so try your luck.
Location-wise it is out of the way which I liked. I'm not a fan of the centre of Patong, this was nice and quiet. The private beach is beautiful if not a bit rocky for swimming. The pool is also worth a mention, nice view and nice area. Shame about the tacky seahorse blocking the view.
The breakfast buffet is basic at best. Number 1 on the room service menu is terrible. What I received did not match the menu description. The cocktails were basically lolly water. As others said, there are a lot of stairs in this resort. Good luck walking back from the buffet with a full belly. Gross and uncomfortable.
Chose somewhere else, honestly. A place where the staff appreciate their guests.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Blue Ocean Beach Resort? Share your experiences!