“Great place to stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Novotel Phuket Vintage Park

You added Novotel Phuket Vintage Park to your Saves list
Novotel Phuket Vintage Park
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   89 Rat U Thit 200 Pee Road, Patong, Kathu, Phuket, Thailand   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
SAVE UP TO 40%
Ranked #17 of 285 Hotels in Patong
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Brisbane, Australia
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

Great place to stay, was there for 3 weeks last year and were off again in a couple of weeks. Staff are very friendly and helpfull, only a short walk to the shopping centre and beach, beautiful rooms, only a couple of years old I think.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
NPVP, Manager at Novotel Phuket Vintage Park, responded to this review, April 19, 2014
Dear Rawinia01,

Many thanks for posting a review before coming back to your Phuket home. We are now expecting a new one after your stay.

Our hotel open in April 2012 and our location is one of the best that you can find in Patong.

Rawinia01, kindly send me an email with your booking details so we can arrange once more everything you need.

h8099-rd@accor.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (227)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

We have recently stayed at the Novotel vintage park in Phuket. We have stayed at several hotels in Phuket now and definitely favour the Vintage Park. We like it because it has a great atmosphere with activities for families / children as well as couples. The rooms are everything that you need and the location could not possibly be more central. Although being in the heat of everything you still feel although it is a luxury retreat when you return to the resort.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
NPVP, Manager at Novotel Phuket Vintage Park, responded to this review, April 13, 2014
Dear GREG W,

Thank you for your 5 Stars review and to praise the high standards of service received during your stay. As many previous reviewers, you have found your place to stay in Patong once for all.

I really believed that we are at the right place to stay for families and couples who want to be in Patong and still enjoying a quiet time at the pool. We have also many activities for adults and kids.

GREG W, we looking forward to welcome you back and why not with relatives and/or friends. For the Best Price Guaranteed, check our rates on novotel.com/8099. ACCOR Le Club members enjoy added benefits at the hotel Le Club Lounge.

Mellbourne Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

This was our seventh trip to Phuket and we have stayed at a variety of hotels both in Patong and away from Patong. As we were traveling with a group of friends, eight all up, the intent was to have a short stay in Patong as the other friends had never been to Phuket and wanted to experience Patong. For us 3 days was more than enough for Patong. There are much nicer places outside of Patong and it all depends what you are looking for, if you want partying, then Patong is the place to be. If you want something quieter then Karon, Kata, Panwai etc. are great. Getting to the hotel from the airport is a 45-60min taxi ride. The hotel is situated about a 7 min walk north of Bangala Rd and the Jungceylon shopping centre. So far enough away from the hustle and bustle of Patong, but close enough to immerse yourself if you wanted to. Our group was greeted with cool towels and drinks on arrival and processed quickly to our rooms. We requested that all our rooms are near each other to make our life easier and this was warmly accommodated. The staff were friendly and helpful. The hotels is about 2 years old and the rooms were well furnished, nothing flash, but nothing poor. Our rooms all had a small balcony allowing you to sit outside if you wanted. The rooms we had, whilst a good size, did not have baths in the bathrooms. Not a problem for us but could be for people with young families. None the less the rooms were spacious and all had the hard Thai / Asian beds. After a while you get used to the hardness. Actually, who am I kidding you never get used to the hardness. I think from memory most if not all of the rooms faced the pool, which is a good thing and noise was never a problem for us.

We had the buffet breakfast included in our room rate, the breakfast was good with many selections of Western and Asian foods to choose from. Eggs were made to order, scrambled, poached, fried, omlettes etc. etc. We had now been travelling for a week so we were getting over the buffet breakfasts; they are more or less the same in most hotels. The only difference being that some of the higher rated hotels had more variety and more exotic fruits included. Anyway it did the trick.

The pool was great, I am sure you have read the other reviews about its size etc. The only complaint I had was the depth of the pool, it did not have a deep section. I think this becoming a trend with all hotels, disappointing. The pool bar is great and it has a happy hour every afternoon. The food at the pool bar was great and reasonably priced for a hotel.

If there was one complaint I had about the hotel, is while they give you free wifi you may as well have nothing because it is SO SLOW!! Actually it was unusable. Not the end of the world for me but I could see it being a pain for some people.

Overall a very enjoyable stay and would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Dear StanAmana,

Thank you for your review and taking time to share the good time spends with your group in our resort.

Greeting and smile is what's all Thai Hospitality is about. I am delighted to see that you enjoyed fully when you arrived after a long trip. What a great way to start your holiday, isn't it?

We were sorry about the Wi-Fi connection as well the hard mattress. Could you send me an email with the room number that you stayed in? I will ask our IT to check the equipment in this area. As for the comfort of the bed, we have mattress topper which will be the ideal solution. Once more, I will be able to update your profile once received your details information’s.

Your compliments towards our breakfast will be passed on to our culinary team. Nevertheless, we are open to suggestion and changes. Thank you for that.

Our main swimming pool depth is 1.40 meters which is quite the standards (as you mentioned yourself) in most of the hotels now. It is mainly a question of safety and hope that you can understand our concerns. Our room is a mix of modern and Thai decoration with a unique painting in each room representing some of the ancient Thai fairy tales. It was fabulous to see that loved it.

StanAmana, hope to score a 5 Stars review next time and for the Best Price Guaranteed, check our rates on novotel.com/8099. ACCOR Le Club members enjoy added benefits at the hotel Le Club Lounge.

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

So where do I start, the hotel upon arrival is stunning and the check in was informative and very professional. The lobby is gorgeous and we were acknowledged by every staff member.

Be aware that we were charged 1000 thb deposit per night as a deposit - something we weren't told at booking. This is refunded at the end of your stay.

We were taken to our room 5512 and it has a gorgeous view of the pool and we were very impressed with the fittings. The bathroom is lovely and has a great illuminated mirror.

The bed was comfortable with enough pillows and the room was cleaned to a very high standard daily - THANK YOU :)

There is a safety deposit box and ample storage in the rooms. There is a quaint little balcony that overlooks the STUNNING pool and pool bar.

The pool bar is open daily from early morning until 9pm and all the staff were great. The prices are expensive for Thailand however if you are only having a few drinks at the hotel and go out and explore the local area it won't break the bank. Plus between 4pm and 6pm they do a happy hour where it's two for one on cocktails, beers and soft drinks. So if you are at the beach or out and about in the days 4 pm is a great time to get back to the bar for a drink.

Check out the Jacuzzi area of the pool as it's a great way to relax as part of a day soaking up the sun.

We ate breakfast everyday and the selection is great bearing in mind this is an international hotel there really is something for everyone. So much so that on a couple of occasions we had noodle soup for breakfast!! There is something for everyone's taste pallet.

My only suggestion would be avoid peak times in the restaurant for breakfast if you want coffee serving without asking as the excellent waiting staff are a little under pressure during these times. I did notice that extra staff were brought in during these times.there are a lot of waiting staff but I suppose when everyone comes at the same time it's going to be difficult to keep on top of things. We are very low maintenance travellers so this was not an issue to us.

We didn't visit the restaurant in the evening but there are various types of buffets for between 500thb and 850thb from Seafood BBQ, Italian and Taste of Siam. With a huge selection of eating options on your doorstep we didn't use the restaurant in the evening.

On our first full day the weather was dreadful so we decided to visit the hotel spa for the couples treatment experience. IT WAS AMAZING! We paid 5999thb for a three hour package that included steam room, jacuzzi, Thai massage, facial. The staff were amazing the surroundings were tranquil. The massage was so relaxing and the facial was great. Thank You to all. Yes this is a bit pricey compared to what you would pay on the street but the experience and indulgence is well worth it.

We used the gym everyday and there is ample, modern equipment for you to get a good workout should you wish to do so. It's kept clean and there are towels and water for you to use.

The clientele at the hotel are international with a mix of European, Russian, Australian and Japanese. There were nice families and couples that gave the hotel a really good vibe.

Here is the only negative thing I have to write about the whole experience.

The Songkran Pool Party...

We visited during Songkran which is the Thai New Year! Apart from the traditional elements of the festival this is the worlds biggest water fight with everyone being armed with super soakers and you getting wet - AMAZING FUN! Tell me someone who wouldn't enjoy a water fight when the weather is 32 degrees!

Upon check in we were told of the pre Songkran pool party on the 12th April and we were excited. The party was billed as international DJ's with pool games and surprises.

Now as you will see from all of the reviews on this site this hotel is a hotel that is targeted to couples and families. During my stay at the hotel all I saw enjoying the pool was couples and families. This is why I will never understand the hotel would hold a party at the hotel that couldn't cater further away from their target audience couples and families.

The party was organised in conjunction with a "party company" called BCBG party by Cecilia... Which in a nutshell was a alcohol fuelled, self indulgent, elitist and Ibiza wannabe affair at a hotel that in the days before was a safe haven for many families enjoying the Novotel and Thai hospitality.

Let me give you a few of my highlights.

- A DJ playing deep house music that none of the hotel guests were dancing to or enjoying.

- A bikini contest which involved drunken scantily clad "ladies" doing their best Christina Aguilera circa Dirty era impression all for £50 prize money.

- the already steep drinks prices increasing for the day.

- The party was sponsored by a new beer company who from seeing the promoters reaction could see that this event was being held in the wrong place from the off set.

- 150 teenagers taking the hotel (that they didn't choose to book probably due to not being able to afford it) by storm to join the party which included smoking in the pool, drinking in the pool, showing their breasts, simulating sex upon each other diving over kids playing to name a few things. Plus thinking it was a great idea for to squirt water over the DJ equipment!

Now you are probably thinking I am an old fuddy duddy who has never partied in my life but just to let you know I'm 31 and my partner is 26 and I have spent my teens and twenties partying all over the world including Ibiza, Marbella and frequently out in London's west end.

For this type of hotel this party was cheap, that alienated the hotel guests in favour of some bird in a dodgy orange bikini and her mates to have a "let's pretend we are celebrities in some VIP beach club in Ibiza" at the expense of the couples and families who had paid to be there.

There is a time and place for parties like this, I don't think the Novotel Vintage Park was it.

Thankfully, as a result the party was finished by 7:15pm when billed to go on until 10:00pm leaving all but the bird in the dodgy orange bikini and the hotel staff to clean up.

I raised my concerns to the hotel management who were very attentive and took on board my comments - Thank you Rose and Nicholas.

The reason I have been so detailed in reiterating my feelings re: the party on here is to document how this party could have altered my guest experience.

Thankfully overall it did not. Great hotel, great staff, great location, great guest experience - we hope to return someday!

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
NPVP, Manager at Novotel Phuket Vintage Park, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Dear Gareth H,

Wow, thank you so much for your very details review and spending so much time to describe all the moments of your stay. We really appreciate it.

Before answering about your stay itself, I would like to talk about the Pool Party. As we discussed, this event was to celebrate Songkran festival which the Thai New Year and occurred on the 13th of April each year. More commonly named the water festival, everybody is playing with water during this day and we had the idea to have this Pool Party and have it open to outside customer (only for this day) in order to share with all this wonderful day. We had numerous activities as you describe it on your review but also our “Walk-on-the-water”, Wake Board demonstration, SUP, Mermaid show, Volley Ball, Basket ball, ......once again, we take your feedback into consideration and will summarized all of them very shortly.

Back to your stay now. We can see that you can remember many of our staff members by name and we thank you for that. Personal recognition is a fantastic reward for each of them.

Our couple package at our In Balance Spa is really fabulous. 3 hours of complete relaxation. As you said, the price cannot be compared with the one you can find on the street but definitely another experience.

Gareth H, it was a pleasure to meet and talk to you and I was glad to see that despite your opinion about the pool party, you will still come back to visit us. For the Best Price Guaranteed, check our rates on novotel.com/8099. ACCOR Le Club members enjoy added benefits at the hotel Le Club Lounge.

australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

Yesterday was a pool party that we thought was for hotel guests but was just one big DISCUSTING rave style party for backpacker and outside guest. We could not even relax in our room as the music was so extreme. This is not appropriate for the Novotel to organize such an event when it is supposed to be family friendly hotel. I think hotel should apologize for this discusting behaviour and lack of respect to guests.

Stayed April 2014
NPVP, General Manager at Novotel Phuket Vintage Park, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Dear Itzmylife,

Thank you for your comments and please accept our apologies for the discomfort you experienced during your stay

The day of the event, the left part of our swimming pool was reserved for the Guests who wanted a quieter afternoon. Songkran Festival is the Thai New Year, and it is tradition to celebrate this event with lots of water as it is also falling during the hottest days of the year. Our event also catered to families and children with many sport activities, such as “Walk-on-the-water”, Wake Board demonstration, SUP, Mermaid and other water games, Volley Ball, Basket ball, and not to forget the inevitable Songkran Water gun.

Your feedback is well noted and will be taken into consideration.

Hope you will visit us again and do not hesitate to contact me personally if you have more comments and suggestions. I will be happy to help you

Wishing a Happy Thai New Year

With the kindest regards
Herve.duprat@accor.com
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

We stayed here for 7 nights on a family holiday (kids 7 & 4).

The resort entrance and lobby is just beautiful, very well presented. The check in was quick and easy.

I would like to start off by saying the staff here were fantastic, and a very big thanks to Rose and May, they made us feel very welcome. If we mentioned something small that was not right, then it was always addressed very promptly (not that there were many things at all)

The Room was always very clean, and the beds were the most comfortable we have experienced in Asia. The TV had a wide selection of channels. The bathroom shower was large, and the bathroom in general was well presented.

The Pool was HUGE.... and it was always kept very clean. The happy hour at the pool bar was always good, with the staff doing a great job there too.

The kids club was very small, but in saying that the staff working there made it fun for our girls.

The breakfast was really good, and lots to choose from in both western and Asian cuisines. We ate lunch in the restaurant a couple of times, and I must say the Mussaman Curry was one of the best I have ever had.

The location is still in the thick of things, with all you need on your doorstep.... restaurants, massages, laundry, markets. It is a 10 minute walk to Bangla Rd/ Junceylon Mall, and a 5 min walk to the beach.

Overall we had a fantastic stay here, and as a resort choice for Patong, we would recommend this place, particularly for the pool.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
NPVP, Manager at Novotel Phuket Vintage Park, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Dear TheClarkeClan,

Thank you so much for spending a few minutes of your time to tell us in very details each part of your stay. It seems that your experience in Phuket left you with memorable souvenirs.

May and Rose were very pleased to hear that their dedication to provide the best of the Thai hospitality was rewarded with such good comment. Both of them as well as our Le Club Lounge team are at your disposal at any time to take care of your request and needs.

The hotel is at the right spot of Patong with everything that you need around. Hope that you had the opportunity to visit our Spa. Of course, the price is higher than outside but still competitive with our Buy 1 get 1 promotion. Plus, the experience is incomparable.
I will also pass on your highlight of the room cleanliness to our Executive Housekeeper and her team. They are working very hard to make sure that the room is always in perfect condition. Doing daily inspection with them, I can only agree with you. Our kids club is located at the pool level and you can let them have fun with us while enjoying a quiet swim. Glad you feel this way.

Finally, in regards of the Mussaman Curry, did you know that we had Cooking Class in the hotel? Next time, do not hesitate to contact our Recreation Team to make a reservation. I am sure that our Executive Chef can share some of his secret with you.

TheClarkeClan, once again, many thanks for the review and for the Best Price Guaranteed, check our rates on novotel.com/8099.

Beijing, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

This is the best hotel in Patong Beach Phuket Thailand. From arrival to departure, the staff was so professional and helpful. We love the fact that what you see from the photo's is indeed what you get. My family will come back anytime to this hotel especially for the swimming pool and all other facilities offered. The hotel is near to everything and the tour desk makes the visit so much pleasurable with all the advise they give.

• Stayed April 2014
NPVP, Manager at Novotel Phuket Vintage Park, responded to this review, April 12, 2014
Dear Senelisiwe,

Thank you for your positive review after visiting our resort. I believed that you have found now the place to stay whenever you will visit Phuket.

Before making a reservation, most of us are looking at pictures from the hotel website or even Tripadvisor. We were glad to see that you found them accurate. Actually, we are on the way to make new ones. In particular for our Pool Access Rooms, Family Rooms.

Our Tour Desk is always there to give you any advice on activity to do in Phuket and hope that you were able to visit a few Islands during your stay. There are so many of them to see.

Senelisiwe, we looking forward to see you soon and for the Best Price Guaranteed, check our rates on novotel.com/8099. ACCOR Le Club members enjoy added benefits at the hotel Le Club Lounge.

h8099-rd@accor.com

Been to Novotel Phuket Vintage Park? Share your experiences!