“Overall marks :8/10” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Novotel Phuket Vintage Park

You added Novotel Phuket Vintage Park to your Saves list
Novotel Phuket Vintage Park
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   89 Rat U Thit 200 Pee Road, Patong, Kathu, Phuket, Thailand   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
SAVE UP TO 40%
Ranked #24 of 278 Hotels in Patong
Hong Kong
“Overall marks :8/10”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

Excellent service at front desk, we received warm welcome from Maria who gave us a detail briefing of the hotel facilities and had been very friendly thru our 5-day stay. Make up ladies and other staff worked well and were polite and nice to clients. Located at the front portion of Patong, 5 mins walk to beach. Grand look from outside, easy to be recognised.
Breakfast: food variety is about the same everyday and very average in terms of food quality, cooking, service and cleaniness.
Swimming pool: size is big enough, but doubt if the filter works well as we cant see thru the water to bottom in the swimming pool. Some insects found at the quiet side of the pool.
We were awaken by noises from a new guest arrival in the middle of night next room at the last night stay. I knew some tourists chosed late flight for a cheaper price. Pls remind clients to try to keep silent and be consderate when moving in.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

NPVP, Manager at Novotel Phuket Vintage Park, responded to this review, August 31, 2013
Dear yyy20132013,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a very constructive review about your recent stay. Glad to hear that you have appreciated the service of Maria (our Guest Relation Officer from Philippines) as well as the overall service from the Front Desk and our Housekeeper. As for the issues faced during your stay:
- Our Food & Beverage Manager and our Executive Chef are working on a new breakfast menu and set up. It should be implemented very shortly.
- We are on process to switch from Chlorine sanitization to Salt Water Chlorination and it has only affect the visual aspect of the water. It will be solved very shortly.
- We effectively have late arrival guest and it is hard to control every movement of our guest. However, if you are facing such problem, you may contact our Night Reception Team which will contact the guest directly and in a very positive manner.
Nevertheless, I believed that it hasn't affected your overall experience and I am sure that you will see the changes during your next visit.

Room Division Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Having just returned from another wonderful holiday in Phuket, I had to write this review. We usually stay at the Novotel Patong on the hill, but unable to handle the stairs this time we stayed at Vintage Park Novotel, what wonderful experience it was. The staff on arrival were very welcoming, check in was quick and we were settled in our rooms in no time. The rooms are a good size, and very very clean.The square restaurant was great, what ever you wanted to eat, breakfast, lunch and dinner, if it wasn't there they would get it for you. And what can I say about the staff, they were wonderful, being slightly incapacitated, they could not do enough fro me, wanting to help me all the time, I felt very spoilt. Micheal your staff in the Square are a credit to the your hotel, so polite. Last but not least Alex and his staff in the pool bar and restaurant, what a lovely young man, and his staff, they made us feel so special, we would go to the pool for a swim and their faces would light up when they seen us . Overall I would highly recommend this hotel, the rooms are of good size, clean, the staff are great, with smiles all round, and is walking distance to everything, Jung Ceylon, Bangla Road, and it's nightlife, what more would you want. Nicholas your hotel and staff are a credit to you, we are already starting to plan our holiday for next year, look foreward to seeing everyone , again

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
NPVP, Manager at Novotel Phuket Vintage Park, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Dear brumarc,
Thank you so much for your time and share your more than positive feedback about your stay with us. This is exactly why we (myself, Michael, Alex and all our employees) are working in the hotel industry. It is about welcoming people, meeting them, knowing them and at the end both of us has spent a good time together.
It is so rewarding to hear this that even though we like to received feedback on how to improve but we also loved to know when we have succeeded.
Do not hesitate to contact me directly for your next stay and it will be my pleasure to assist you with your booking arrangement.

Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Well what can I say, with a bar in the middle and the alcohol so cheap how can you not like this hotel, not to mention the food they served. The rooms are adequate, its whats expected, but the lovely staff from check in to the cleaners were fantastic, we have already organised our next trip to Thailand and guess where we will be staying, thats right by the bar in the pool at Novotel vintage.

Room Tip: try getting a pool access room its worth it after walking down the tin sheds.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear bennewton0,
I believed that there is no point to ask you what were your favorite facilities in our hotel. The title of your review tells us all. Thank you for this wonderful review and for taking time to remember us 4 months after your stay.
Our swimming pool is indeed our prime asset and we are all glad that you have enjoyed it. The compliment to our staffs will be pass on for sure.
Looking forward to welcome you back in your preferred resort (by the pool bar?).

wongawallan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Our family stayed at the Novotel Vintage Park in Patong 12th Aug- 24th Aug 2013. We had an excellent experience in the resort. All of the staff very guest orientated and professional in all area's of the hotel. We were very impressed with the pool and the lay out of the rooms.The staff could not do enough to assist us for any matter that came to hand. We will revisit next year as a family again based on our recent holiday experience.

Dear Benita a,
Thank you very much for your review on tripadvisor which, I am sure, will let our future customers dream even more about their holiday in our hotel. Glad to hear that your team went out of their way to satisfied your need.
Looking forward to welcome you back in your preferred resort and in family this time.

HKG
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

I've been travel in Thailand for over 15 years and I chose this hotel and the other Banyan Tree Hotel in Phuket for staying. We spent small amount in Novotel and large amount of money in Banyan Tree for the room rate. Novotel was more than I expected, with good service, nice and big room, gorgeous breakfast, with a giant swimming pool. In between, I spent in Banyan Tree for more than HK$2,000 for 1 room which was received bad service, dirty villa, and so many. So compare with price, Novotel is a fantastic hotel with good location, good staff service.

Room Tip: pool facing
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
NPVP, Manager at Novotel Phuket Vintage Park, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Dear Mimi S,
Thank you for your time spend to share your stay with us. Glad to hear that you found the value for price pay much better than Ban Yan Tree. I will pass on your congratulation to our team. The size of our room, our pool and our location are indeed fantastic.

Chelmsford, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

We have just checked out of the Novotel Vintage Park after 2 days and have come to the Dusit Thani Laguna, the epitome of a 4* (although in my opinion bordering on a 5*). I have never stayed at such a dreadful hotel in my life and have never wanted to go home early. It didn't start well with having to wait several hours for a room. Our flight from the UK landed at 07:30 and we arrived at the hotel 10:30ish. We were informed that check in was at 14:00 so we'd have to wait for our rooms. I understand the hotel might have been busy, although it didn't seem to be, but I believe the hotel should be a lot more organised and considerate. We got the first room and then had to go outside and see if the cleaner had finished cleaning the second room and then trek to reception for the key! The receptionist did remark I shouldn't have had to do that but I think I would have been waiting a long time if I hadn't! To be fair the rooms are quite pleasant and clean, the only plus of the hotel, hence my (generous) 1* rating. The pool area looked okish but we were horrified on our first day to see workmen drilling up tiles around the children's pool with electric tools and people were swimming close by! I did see a sign in the hotel to say that the pool was closed but there should have been an attendant on duty to ensure no one entered the water. The hotel is surrounded by ugly buildings and is literally on the busy Patong road. In closing The Novotel is just a cold, soulless hotel, almost like a business hotel with zero atmosphere and, as I sit on the balcony overlooking the sea at the wonderful Dusit Thani, I can only thank my lucky stars that we decided to move and Virgin Holidays were so helpful in accommodating our request. I think Virgin Holidays should review their decision in putting this hotel in their brochure.

Room Tip: I wouldn't advise people to stay here so I won't give a room tip
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
NPVP, General Manager at Novotel Phuket Vintage Park, responded to this review, August 24, 2013
We are very sorry to read that you did not enjoy you short stay despite our efforts to please you.

As in any other hotel, check-in is at 14:00 and check-out at noon. Unfortunately, most of international flights land in Phuket in the morning and depart late in the evening. You can easily grasp the challenge we are facing with early arrivals and late departures. We also cannot guarantee interconnected rooms, but always do our best. In your case, I am pleased that our team managed to assign you an interconnected rooms with the first room delivered to you at 12:30 and the second one at 13:15, ahead of our normal check-in time. We could have given you both rooms cleaned by 14:00, but out of consideration of your long flight we offered to give you one room the soonest so you would appreciate to be able to relax and maybe enjoy a shower.

Our hotel is conveniently located in the heart of Patong, just minutes away from the shopping center and the beach. It is clearly stated in all our partners’ brochures and on the websites. Please do not hesitate to let us if you have been informed otherwise. Even though we were not obliged to, and with the help of your travel agency we relocated you to another beach, which happened to be the main reason of your dissatisfaction.

Finally, and out of good will, we also extended a late check-out

We take note that you found our rooms pleasant and clean, thank you very much for this positive comment.

Once again, we are sorry you did not like our resort

With the kindest regards
Herve Duprat
Hong Kong, China
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

We have stayed in some 20 different hotels in the Phuket area. We mainly chose large hotel chains. But this is probably one of the disappointing ones.

It has been a few years since we last visited Patong. The only thing we noticed about it is that the price has gone up a lot for eating and stuff. In the past, Patong is cheaper compared to oher Phuket places for food, shopping, tour, etc. Now the prices has gone up substantially. The environment is much dirtier than othe parts of Phuket. So we see no reason we need to stay in Patong in future anymore, since we are not party goers. We can eat better food and probably for lower prices outside Patong.

The hotel pool is rather dirty. You can see that the water is not clear. We booked a pool access room but were very disappointed. There are two pool access rooms in the hotel that are in the shade all day which means the balcony gets the mold and mildew in many parts. I told the hotel mangement, but all they could do is to ask someone to clean the balcony for me. They said their pool access rooms are all fully booked.

Another disappointment is that the hotel is next to a contruction area, which means you get dirts and construction workers walking around. It's quite unpleasant if you are staying on that side of the hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
NPVP, General Manager at Novotel Phuket Vintage Park, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
Please accept our sincerest apologies for your disappointment
In our commitment to a “cleaner” better world, our pool uses salt and f.
ewer chemicals. Considering its huge size of 2,000 sqm, and some adjustments we had to make in our overflow system, our pool water clarity was indeed a bit milky and we could have easily “thrown” chlorine but we privileged a more natural less aggressive solution which took longer.

However, we understand your dissatisfaction and once again we are sorry about that

We do hope you would give us another chance and hope to welcome you in the near future

With the kindest regards
Herve Duprat

Been to Novotel Phuket Vintage Park? Share your experiences!