You added Citrus Heights Patong Hotel by Compass Hospitality to your Saves list
Citrus Heights Patong Hotel by Compass Hospitality
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   160/36 Phang Muang Sai Kor Road, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand   |
Ranked #79 of 285 Hotels in Patong
“Awesome stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

This hotel was beyond my expectations! Easy access to public transportation, near to beach and restaurants! There's a lot of short cut from the hotel to everywhere! Even to Kata beach only takes me 5-10 minutes! You can rent a bike at a guest house that's beside the hotel, and it's just only 10 seconds walking distance! Can try to bargain with them, 200 bahts per day! ;) it's consider cheap! This hotel provide fast Internet and nice breakfast! Their staffs are good and efficient! Nice smile and do works fast, check in and out are just in a minute! Anyway, I was happy to stay here for 2 nights! ;)

• Stayed November 2013
Gan S, Менеджер по обслуживанию клиентов at Citrus Heights Patong Hotel by Compass Hospitality, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Dear JackyMong,
Thank you so much for the review! We are so happy to know that you had a really good stay in our Citrus Heights Patong! I will transfer your compliments to our staff – it’s very important to us to know that you enjoyed our service, and of course we are always glad to hear praise from our guests.
It was truly a pleasure hosting you on your recent visit to Phuket, we very much look forward to your return.
Warm Regards,
Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

I book in 23 Nov. now still stay in here till 26 Nov. we family of 2 adult 2 kids stay 2nd floor, we request high floor but not available, but our room at 2nd floor is very nice too with branded washing machine....I love the washing machine, my son love the oven my husband love the free wifi here, lobby and 2nd floor wifi powerful. very nice sleep last night.fantastic room.instruction note in room very clear. I visit the roof top swimming pool last night, look wonderful but raining day, hopefully this 2 day good weathercan swim at the pool. now eating breakfast, wow Nice display n delicious food. so fast I can see most visitor here are euro people only we are Chinese. later we will take the hotel free bus to shopping. provider 4 times schedule per day go and return. will update again....

• Stayed November 2013
Gan S, Менеджер по обслуживанию клиентов at Citrus Heights Patong Hotel by Compass Hospitality, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Dear Yanni77,
We wish that you had more time to spend with us in Phuket. We are happy that you chose our Deluxe room for your family and that you liked our amenities. I appreciate the mention of our beautiful pool and we do hope you had chance to swim and relax there during your last days in our Citrus Heights Patong! Thanks for staying with us and sharing your pleasant experience!
Please visit us again and feel free to contact us directly for any assistance you may have prior placing a new booking thus making your stay with us even more memorable.
Kind Regards & Best Wishes,
New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

After a long flight I was looking forward to settling into an inviting room for a good sleep and a new day ahead. I was booked to stay for 7 days. The next day I was checking out before noon ready to go anywhere else but this place.

On arrival, we were met by a surly receptionist - but since this was so late in the day, I would not hold it against her, perhaps she needed some good sleep.

Getting to the room, it became clear that Citrus Heights is a child of current Phuket tourist boom - a quickly thrown together accommodation with shoddy workmanship all around. Not that it matters to a good stay, but there was not a single straight line in any of the carpentry in the room. Everything seems to have been cut out by hand by 5th graders and glued with copious amount of wood filler and adhesives. The hotel is fairly new (evidently only about a year old) but virtually all furniture was worn, scratched and smudged.

Room was not very clean - not so much that it would be unbearable, but floors were dirty enough that you wouldn't want to walk around barefoot.

Wifi did not work, so I went down to reception to inquire. Surly receptionist told me that "it works for her" so it must be my problem, also wait, try again, and she does not know. I decided to leave this till the morning.

Ok, time to go sleep. I try to set the air conditioner to comfortable temperature. Here is the fun surprise - the AC is of a type that never turns off the air flow. I.e. - it will cycle the compressor but the air will continue blowing no matter what. Room is not quite as large as photos would make it out to be. So, since AC outlet is right above the bed - even at a minimal setting you are sleeping in constant strong draft, which alternates between ice cold (when AC is "on" - good, I guess) and hot and humid (when AC is "off"). Admittedly, this was a first time I've seen a system that does not have an automatic shut off setting other than at older US motels with window style ACs (and I sure as hell avoid those).

In the morning, thinking this may be an individual room problem - I went to reception and asked for someone to take a look at AC. A tech. appeared - as he told us, it was his first day on the job. He was a pleasant enough fellow, unfortunately he spent about 2 hours shuttling up and down, and bringing his friend along - only to confirm that the warm and cold wind treatment is there to stay.

At the same time I went down to reception to inquire about the wifi. An even surlier receptionist called somewhere, but wifi never reappeared.

I also partook of the breakfast - which was fairly limited and not particularly appetizing (two types of cereal, fried rice, some sausage links, I believe).

At that point it became clear that this hotel will not work out - between not being able to sleep and not being able to access Internet, it was not looking like a happy stay.

I asked to check out, and after a chat with "reservations" surly receptionist informed me that they will have to charge for 2 nights, even though I stayed 1 night. Mind you, my reservation was made through hotels.com but it was not a "discount" rate, and a fully refundable one, presumably. That said, I was ready to get out and losing a one night payment seemed like the least of all evils.

To make sure I actually get a refund, I called Hotels.com (who were surprised that hotel would charge me for 2 nights even though I stayed only one). They offered to contact the hotel to verify that I am not staying, and issue a refund instantly. While I was on the phone, Hotels.com rep called back to Citrus Heights reception. It was almost comical to see his conversation with the receptionist, who by this time was outright rude. I am still being charged 2 nights pay for 1 night of not getting any sleep - but that's the way Citrus Heights operates.

Once this was settled, I grabbed my bags and ran as fast as I could :) I chalk it off to experience.

tl;dr; Unless your only other option is to sleep under the bridge, stay away from this place (and even then I'd think twice about it).

Room Tip: The so-called "mountain view" is actually a view of a busy road (and some mountains far aw...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Gan S, Менеджер по обслуживанию клиентов at Citrus Heights Patong Hotel by Compass Hospitality, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Dear bork3000,
We are so disappointed to know that you had such an unpleasant idea of our hotel. We offer our most sincere apologies if you felt you were treated badly by our staff in some way.
Please let me give some comments about your early check-out situation. Firstly, according to your booking, your check-in day was on 17th of November. But you checked in on 18th in early morning and checked out the same day afternoon. Since you booked the room for couple of days, we hold the room for you for 1 night. That’s why we charge for that night. Also according to your booking policy – for early check out we charge 1 night room rate. Please if you need any other details and explanations about your check-out situation – send me your email address (guest.relations@citrusheightspatong.com), I will clarify all details about Hotel.com and our hotel’s cancellation policy.
Once again we are very sorry, that you didn’t enjoy your stay with us.
With best regards,
Kajang, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

I traveled with small kids. We stayed in premier triple room where the room is big & comfortable. Beside that, I've requested a cot for my baby & it's free of charge. The hotel staffs are helpful & friendly. A staff offer me an umbrella as she saw me going out with kids. Walking distance to restaurants & mini marts.

The things that I would like to complained: 1) WiFi connection too poor 2) Only 1 lift available & it's too slow 3) Corridor lights shall be brighter

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Gan S, Guest Relations Manager at Citrus Heights Patong Hotel by Compass Hospitality, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Dear Tai Ling C,
Thank you for sharing the feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We are delighted to hear that for your trip with kids you chose our hotel. We are glad to know you enjoyed our spacious Premier room, our helpful and friendly staff and convenient location.
We appreciate your honest input and will keep your comments in mind as we constantly look for ways to improve our guests' experience.
We do hope that this trip to the Land of Smiles brought you and your kids only positive emotions and memorable experience.
We truly look forward to welcoming you and your family back in the future.
Sincerely, with best regards,
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

I had a very pleasant 1-night stay here a few weeks ago. When we checked in around 9pm, the staff were very friendly and helpful (more so than the staff the following morning, I must say). The room was beautifully decorated, clean, and comfortable. Although the location is a 15-minute walk from Patong Bay, it's an easy walk and there's a delicious small restaurant right across the street. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Abigail R,
Thank you very much for sharing your review of Citrus Heights Patong. We are so pleased to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us and truly enjoyed our beautifully decorated rooms, level of service and hospitality and opportune location. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon and if there is anything that I can help you with on your next stay please feel free to reach me at guest.relations@citrusheightspatong.com
Thank you again for your feedback and recommendation,
Warmest regards,
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

My husband and I were pleasantly surprised at the spaciousness of the room as most of the hotel rooms tend to be a bit cramped. The layout of the room furniture was well thought-out. The hotel staff were pleasant, friendly and helpful. The breakfast served was adequate.

The location of the hotel is excellent - within walking distance to the eateries and shops. Currently, there is a lot of construction works in the vicinity, but all the upgrading of the connecting roads should be completed with the next couple of months making the hot spots even more accessible.

The only thing I can think of that needs improvement is the bathroom. Installing a hand rail at the bath tub will make it easier for the guest to get out after a bath. Also, an anti-slip mat should be made available for safety reasons. Perhaps, something should also be done to reduce the wetting of the floor from the shower spray.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Gan S, Менеджер по обслуживанию клиентов at Citrus Heights Patong Hotel by Compass Hospitality, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Dear Piak Har L,
Thank you so much for choosing Citrus Heights Patong during your visit to Phuket. We are so pleased to know that you had a pleasant and comfortable stay with us and your experience staying in our hotel was beyond the expectations.
Thank you for mention of our helpful and friendly staff, good breakfast and spacious rooms. I would also like to thank you for the suggestions for our bathrooms; we will take it into consideration. The comfort and safety of our guests are very important.
On your next visit with us please let me know if there is anything I can do, please feel free to reach me at guest.relations@citrusheightspatong.com
Kind Regards,
Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

We checked in November 1st 2013, when I booked the room I chose smoking room. However, when I reached to the hotel, they said that non of the rooms are smoking and I had big argument with them about this. Staff were so rude in the beginning and they really need to smile ! The hotel location was ok, close to the beach and to the night life of bangla road. Room was vast and room service was neat and on time. Breakfast was good especially the omelet.

Overall everything was very good except the staff.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Mohammad Z,
Firstly we would like to thank you for the review via TripAdvisor. All our guests comments are very important for us, thank you for sharing your experience at Citrus Heights Patong. We do spend a lot of time for the staff training, providing the high level service is our main priority. We are very sorry to hear that you had such an unpleasant situation during your check-in time,
We glad you enjoy our breakfast, opportune location and your room.
Please visit us again, we really would like to provide the service you truly deserve and show all our Thai Hospitality, which is so famous around the world.
Kind Regards,
Guest Relations Manager

Been to Citrus Heights Patong Hotel by Compass Hospitality? Share your experiences!