“Great rooms, so-so service.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Citrus Heights Patong Hotel by Compass Hospitality

You added Citrus Heights Patong Hotel by Compass Hospitality to your Saves list
Citrus Heights Patong Hotel by Compass Hospitality
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   160/36 Phang Muang Sai Kor Road, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand   |
Ranked #62 of 278 Hotels in Patong
4.0 of 5 stars 247 Reviews
los angeles
“Great rooms, so-so service.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

We chose Citrus Heights since it seemed to affordable yet good quality. Don't get me wrong, the rooms (apartment style) were great- very new and clean. But we had a few problems with the staff. When we first checked in, we notified them there were five of us, and the girl at the front desk made some comment about how we only indicated four people on our reservation. As if we were trying to deceive them? I'm not sure, but at any rate- it wasn't our fault, when the online reservation was made, there was only the option to choose UP TO four occupants. Not MORE than four people. So we couldn't have chosen five occupants, anyway.

And THEN, once we got upstairs to our room, we found that there was really noisy construction going on in the building. Literally, it sounded like someone was going to drill right through our wall, it was so loud. So our afternoon nap was rudely interrupted. Naturally, we were irritated and called down to the front desk to complain that we weren't notified of this. They tried to tell us it would only be going on for a day or two, but didn't offer any consolation like switching rooms (apparently no other rooms were free?). The next day, we noticed a posting in the lobby about the construction- no doubt they posted that after we complained.

Furthermore, they only gave us enough for four people, so of course we had to ask for some more towels since we had five. They even went as far as to say they usually charge for extra towels. Seriously? We are paying for an extra bed because we have an extra person, surely you can spare a towel? We definitely were not about to share towels. In the end, they did bring us a towel without charging us, which was the right thing to do. But the next straw with housekeeping- they came to clean our room while we were gone, and we were fresh out of toilet paper. We came back only to find the room was cleaned, but no refills on toilet paper! Isn't it the housekeeper's job? I had to call and ask them to bring some. I really don't think we were being demanding by any means- they just couldn't get their act together and take care of basic hotel amenities without any problems.

Lastly, before we had to leave, I asked them to call us a taxi for 11 in the morning. Well, I got a pleasant phone call at 6 AM telling us our taxi was about to arrive! I was extremely confused, not to mention grumpy since I had just been woken up. She apologized, at least. But I really needed the sleep as I had been feeling sick. Not cool!

I'll say this- the breakfast is pretty darn good. Western food as well as chinese/thai/indian.

Anyway, I consider myself a tolerant person, but the experience was just not that great. Yeah, the rooms are nice and affordable. But if the service is this inconsistent, maybe they need to re-evaluate some things. I just didn't feel very appreciated as a customer.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Gan S, Manager at Citrus Heights Patong Hotel by Compass Hospitality, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Dear Ms. Huang,

We would like to express our sincere apologies that you experienced while staying with us.
The appropriate actions were taken and sharing the issues with departments concerned for further improvement. With reference to the process of your booking, we will contact the online reservation agency for further action.

We thank you very much for your stay and looking forward to welcoming you back.

With kind regards,

Suteerachat Srichaiyo
Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

We had trouble trying to decide on a hotel for our 3 nights 4 days holiday in Phuket but after staying at Citrus Heights it was the best decision we ever made. The first thing that impress me was how clean and new the hotel was kept, the rooms was amazing and it was very clean. The staff were excellent in handling our needs and requests. We wanted to rent a car and we asked the concierge for some recommendation, within 10 minutes we had a nice car waiting for us at the lobby. Through out the stay we enjoyed services like that. Overall the trip was amazing because of a great hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Gan S, General Manager at Citrus Heights Patong Hotel by Compass Hospitality, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Dear J I

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our Citrus Heights Patong on Tripadvisor.

We are happy to hear that you were impressed with our Citrus Heights Patong as an amazingly very clean hotel, I am also pleased that you enjoyed with our standards of services, friendly and helpful staff and it is lovely of you to share your experienced of Citrus Heights Patong with our travel society, also it was no trouble at all to go out of the way to do our best to 100% satisfy each of our valued guests.

On behalf of the Staff and Management of the Citrus Heights Patong may I once again express our sincerest appreciation for taking the time to write an excellent review and we hope to welcome you back to the " Land of 1000 Smiles and Citrus Heights Patong " again soon.

With kind regards

Dehradun, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

We stayed at Citrus Heights from 12th - 14th July 12 and were very much satisfied with everything there.

Its small property but very nicely done up. The rooms are excellent, spacious & the interiors are amazing. Beds are comfortable, large with many soft pillows.
Bathroom is very clean with good bathtub, shower and clean towels etc. Room has a 32" LCD showing some popular channels.....however it misses out on the HBO & Star Movies etc.

The Staff is excellent...from the Front office...room service to the F&B....all are very helpful and always ready do a extra bit for you. Actually the credit goes to the General Manager Mr Gan Sara Puech for running the hotel in a professional manner. He himself is a wonderful person looking personally into the services....... interacting with the guest himself to take their views etc

U have wifi connectivity in the Hotel which is free of cost and the signals r pretty strong.

There is swimming pool on the Rooftop.

The Hotel is a 15 min walk to all the areas be it the Patong beach, the Bangla Road or any of the malls...If you dont want to walk, the hotel provides a shuttle bus service to both (beach & mall) at a 4-hourly interval. U also have a 24 hr departmental store just next door

The breakfast has good spread of choices & food is hot and fresh daily.

We had a lovely time here and surely recommend it to everyone.

Cheerz to the team of Citrus Heights

Room Tip: All rooms r good. Their deluxe room which i think is above the standards or superior ones has washi...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Gan S, General Manager at Citrus Heights Patong Hotel by Compass Hospitality, responded to this review, July 22, 2012
Dear Mr. Gaurav Chanana,

I would like to Thank You for taking the time to write an amazing review about our Citrus Heights Patong on the Tripadvisor.

This is much appreciated by everyone here at Citrus Heights Patong.

Firstly, Thank you for all of your kind comments that you have great understanding of what a great Hotel is and I Thank you for sharing to Tripadvisor how the real Citrus Heights Patong is.

I am very happy to know that we can satisfy you and your friend whilst you were stayed during 12th-14th July 2012 and I am glad that we met your standards. I am also happy to know that you and your friend have had a lovely stayed with us because your needs are met in every-way by all staff here at Citrus Heights Patong.

Once again Thank you for taking the time to write an excellent review about my performance and the overall products and service standards of the Citrus Heights Patong, Myself and the Team will be very happy to go extra miles to ensure a great memory of your stay at Citrus Heights and " land of 1000 Smiles " We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

My partner and I were just needing a place to chill out a few days and look around Patong before we went down south to do a month of Muay thai training in Rawai. The Citrus Hotel was clean, modern, cheap and good enough. Its a little walk from the shopping centre so we ended up hiring a bike (the tuk tuk's can cost around 200BAHT if you let them get away with it....& that's expensive for a short trip.

The staff at the hotel were friendly and the room service was cheap and quick. It was pouring with rain most of our stay so we didn't get to venture into the lovely roof top pool but we enjoyed our stay. Wouldn't stay if it was for a holiday, it was just convenient. If you're looking for something for a holiday I would recommend a resort rather than a hotel but that's just my experience in Thailand.

There also isn't anywhere nearby to eat out, you have to go into Patong or out a bit to eat out so I wouldn't stay here if you aren't hiring a bike.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 4th floor room 412 and our balcony was directly facing another hotel's balcony...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Citrus Heights Patong Hotel by Compass Hospitality, responded to this review, July 14, 2012
Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our Citrus Heights, Patong on Tripadvisor

We are happy to hear that you thought of our Citrus Heights as modern and very clean and that here at Citrus Heights we are value for money, I'm also pleased that you've enjoyed your stay and was well attended by our friendly staff and quick service from our room service operation.

We are fully respect and thankful to your opinion about the hotel location, it is indeed not right in the heart of Patong downtown area, this is generally a quiet area of Patong and away from any noise disturbance of Patong nightly actions, Citurs Heights is an ideal accommodation for true relaxation at the end of the day.

Please do let us know when your next MuayThai training plans bring you to Phuket so we can update you on the progress we make. We hope to have you as our guest again in the near future.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

Hotel is great. 10 minutes walk from the Patong beach. Since its new, the room decors are excellent. I stayed for 2 nights in june 2012 and found it very comfortable. However the in hotel dining options are very few and not worth the money. Hotel staff is very warm and nice.

Room Tip: mountain view rooms to begin with.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Citrus Heights Patong Hotel by Compass Hospitality, responded to this review, July 13, 2012
Dear Mr. Ojha,

I would like to thank you for taking time to write a review about our Citrus Heights Patong on Tripadvisor. This is much appreciated by the staff and I.

I am very happy to read that you were satistied with our hotel's location particularly a short 10 minutes walk to get to the beach , I am pleased to know that you've enjoyed with our room decors, an attentive friendly staff and had a comfortable time whilst staying with us. .

In addition, I am on behalf of our the Food and Beverage section have noted your kind comment on the value and choice in our menu and wish to express our sincere apologie for have not been live up to your expectation, however, please be assured that I will continue to work hard with the team to improve on the choice and quality and have all issues resolved.

Thank you again for sharing your feedback with us.

Gan "Bob" Sara-Puech
Perth, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

We stayed here in May for 9 nights with 3 kids aged from 10 to 2. It was not too close to anything and was frankly a little boring. It was too hot to sit up in the pool area as there is no shade. I get that this hotel is a work in process but rooms where not finished off pool area and a bar with no staff and it was not really a bar more like a desk.
Good points the security guards and the restuant staff where extreamly friendly.
I found the front desk staff where good also.
We had organized for them to pick up which never happened and when you are at the airport no one knew where the hotel was. so that was extreamly stressful and i was a little dissapointed we did not get an appoligy til the next day.
I think its more suited to people with older kids.
It was hard to get around as no one knew where the hotel was (a location card is needed).
Would i stay here again. my answer would be most likly not.
Other things is we where put on the only smokeing floor not a nice thing when you dont smoke.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Citrus Heights Patong Hotel by Compass Hospitality, responded to this review, July 10, 2012
July 10,2012
Dear Sir,

I would like to Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our Citrus Heights on Tripadvisor, this is much appreciated by the staff and I.

I am very sorry to read that there were quite a few shortcomings with the services and facilities while you were using our rooftop swimming pool. We do have a system in place which normally ensures that guest's concerns are passed on to the management during their stay so we can look addressing where possible. I do apologize for the unavailability of the sun shade on the day you were at the pool, I will ensure that the umbrellas and the properly bar set up will be made available on your next visit to our hotel and Patong.

I will extend your compliments on our security and restuarant staff for their satisfactory services provided to you and your family during your stay.

Please do contact us when you visit Phuket again in the future. Not only will the above concerns have been addressed but I am sure that, from now until than we will not only be able to meet your expectations but to exceed them.

With kind regards
Brisbane
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

After the first night we actually wanted to move hotel, our shower flooded, our toilet was broken and we were told we could not flush toilet paper or the toilets block?? The noise from the building next door was so close gave us no view and loud noise all night. Next morning we addressed this with the lovely receptionist Ink and she moved us to a different room on the other side. What a difference! It had stunning views much more spacious and we really enjoyed our stay. Breakfast was fairly basically and it is meat free, however if you ask for bacon you can occassionally get it (2 days out of 6 we could). Very happy and great value. 200baht for a tuk tuk wherever you want to go - but no matter where you are thats what they charge. Thank you to Pook and Ink! Also head out the dooor turn left walk 600m and go to sweet lemongrass massage only 400baht for 1 hour oil - best non sleazy in Patong. Super clean and they speak good english

Room Tip: Ask for mountain view
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Citrus Heights Patong Hotel by Compass Hospitality? Share your experiences!