“More than I expected” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lemongrass Hotel

Save Saved
You added Lemongrass Hotel to your Saves list
Lemongrass Hotel
3.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   2/5 Sirirat Road. | Patong, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand   |
Ranked #5 of 331 Patong B&B and Inns
Yogyakarta, Indonesia
“More than I expected”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

When my family decide to book the hotel and tell me about the price, I did not expect much, because for me the price is cheap and the most important is that we can have a place to rest during our holiday in Phuket. So the first time I see the hotel, I thought that maybe this is the wrong hotel (really). The appearance of the hotel is homey, with a small restaurant in the front. The hotel is small, so you feel just like staying in a house.

Eventually, my family and I really enjoy our stays in the hotel. My parents adore the comfort bed and the nice staff who clean our room everyday. My brothers are crazy about the internet connection. And I really like the big room and the big window so every morning I wake up by the sunshine.

Though it's quite far from the beach and the market, but there is a lot of choice for transportation. My family choose to rent motorbike so we can have flexibility to go anywhere we want, including to other beaches (Kata, Karon and Surin beach).

AC in my room did not work well, cold but not cool. But it does not diminish my intention to come back to stay at this hotel again if I am going on holiday in Phuket again.
Until we returned home and shared stories about our trip, the hotel has become one of delightful part in the story of our family trips. Thank you Lemongrass hotel and staffs

Room Tip: I like to be waken up by the sunshine, so if you are same with me, choose the room that face the fro...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Terry M, Owner at Lemongrass Hotel, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Dear Sarah

Thank you so much for your lovely review of our hotel. Your experience is what we strive for with every customer. We will continue to keep improving everything we have to offer. We hope to see you again sometime soon and thank you once again for your kind words.

161 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
bandung
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Clean, comfortable environment. Nice helpfull staffs. The room is quite big. the internet connection is good. The bed is comfortable. the bathroom is clean. The location is near the Simon Cabaret (3 minutes walking distance). If you want to go to the beach you need to walk around 6 minutes.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Terry M, Owner at Lemongrass Hotel, responded to this review, August 1, 2013

We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. We also know that travelers like to have good reliable wifi connection. There is nothing more frustrating than checking into a hotel and finding out the wifi is not what you hoped it to be. Our wifi is free throughout the entire hotel. Once you have user name and password then you have uninterrupted wifi connection. At many hotels you have to keep entering user name and password every time you want to use wifi. When I have stayed at these hotels I have found this to be annoying so therefore I didn't want to have this system at Lemongrass Hotel. We have made it as easy as possible to stay connected for as long as you want. Anytime you want to reconnect it connects automatically if your device is set to remember user name and password. We want everything to be as relaxing as possible for our guests.

Thank you once again and come back again soon.

Ballina, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

stayed july 10 to 24 /2013 Thanks to Richard & staff had a hassle free stay no pressure to take day trip etc. desk people very good with english, in-house restaurant very clean and food was great. For long stays they will negotiate rate. You will enjoy your stay.
Gary & Denise
Travel smart one & all

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Terry M, Owner at Lemongrass Hotel, responded to this review, August 1, 2013

It was a pleasure having you stay with us for a few weeks and thank you so much posting your review. It is nice to get feedback, especially after such a long stay with us. It's good to know
everything was hassle free and enjoyable.

We hope to see you again soon,

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Very excellent stay for 400 baht per night. The room was clean, AC strong, and the bed comfortable. It was around a 10 minute walk to the beach, ~25 minutes to go to Jungceylon (the shopping area) or Bangla road where the night life is. The restaurant downstairs is also very yummy. There's a family mart with an ATM and also a taxi stand available right next door! The only complaints I had were that the bathroom smelled very odd, like the toilet hadn't been cleaned in a while? And the walls are thin so you can hear the people in rooms around you easily. Also a helpful tip when telling a taxi driver the location it helps if you say "C+N resort" so they recognize the area, and then it's right across the street. All in all would definitely stay here again if I returned to Phuket.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Terry M, Owner at Lemongrass Hotel, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Thank you "AL" for your candid review.

We have taken on board that you said there was some problem with a smell coming from the toilet.
We assure you the cleaners are thorough with their cleaning of bathrooms. We do not know why this happened but now we have supplied air fresheners to all bathrooms to assure that this problem doesn't occur again. We will also monitor it from now on to be certain. I do also appreciate your kind words about the hotel and the restaurant. We hope to see you again soon.

UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

I arrived around 2am as I had a night flight, first thing I saw was that all the lights in the hotel were out. Thought it was closed but apparently a power cut. I was shown to my room in the dark, after checking in, the staff member put card in the room, power lasted no more than 3 minutes then cut out. I was left to my own devices, literally. I had to use my light on my phone to search through my bag for toothbrush. The room was fairly hot as it had no aircon, the power kept coming on and off throughout the night. Breakfast was not included but had breakfast here roughly 200 baht and was quite nice. Rooms were clean and spacious. All fairly modern inside. Downside was that it was quite noisy (outside traffic) though apart from that excellent stay. Patong beach roughly 10 minutes walk from hotel. Bangla Road roughly 20 minutes walk from hotel. Taxis expensive in Patong, a taxi from Patong beach to Karon beach 1 person cost 300 baht.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Terry M, Owner at Lemongrass Hotel, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
We sincerely apologize for any discomfort this may have caused. Unfortunately sometimes during a storm the power supply in Thailand fails. It happens from time to time but the power is normally restored within an hour or so. I do remember this time it happened, the power was out longer than normal and took some hours to restore. This was unfortunate and sorry it had to happen upon your arrival.

Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

We booked 2 rooms on Agoda for 2 nights, based on the reviews and we were not disappointed. The rooms are clean, bedding and all; bathrooms, too. No complaints about the rooms. An elevator is available, however, it is narrow and was quite a squeeze for 4 people with backpacks.

This hotel is located right at the junction of the Patong beach's entry road. It is a 10-minute walk to the beach, but this walk is surrounded by eateries and shops so the distance did not seem all that far. As it is not directly next to the beach, the amount of noise is greatly reduced. Bangla road is further away still, 20-minute walk, so there is definitely not much of a noise pollution problem in this hotel.

There is a minimart next to the hotel, and also a taxi stand. Would recommend renting a motorbike to get around the island, as multiple small trips (e.g. beach to beach) in a taxi would eventually add up. The taxi from this hotel to the bus station in Phuket town costed us THB500, but it is a fair price as the town (in the southern part of the island) is far away from Patong.

The guy at the reception was very helpful. Helped us to secure tickets to the cabaret and cultural shows, and gave us much information on what to do on the island.

All in all, loved this hotel (the extra night that we stayed is testament to this) and it is definitely our top choice if coming to Phuket again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Terry M, Owner at Lemongrass Hotel, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Thank you so much for your review. We always strive to make sure our guests are comfortable and we are happy to help with any requests for tour bookings, shows and general information about Phuket. We want you to feel like this is your home while you are with us. We hope to see you again soon.
Balloch, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

This Hotel is well back from patong beach, maybe 10 minute walk to get their. the hotel is nice, rooms are big with large bathroom. The only problem I had was the noice from outside, the hotel is on a busy road, My room overlooked the road. I had a word with manager and was moved to back of hotel no view, but room was quite, good night sleep. breakfast was large and filling, good resturant top marks.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Terry M, Owner at Lemongrass Hotel, responded to this review, July 25, 2013

Yes, if you are a light sleeper then the Superior Rooms or Standard Rooms would be better suited for you.
I have slept many times in the deluxe rooms myself with no problem as have many guests, and had a good night's sleep. I think it also depends on what sleeping environment you are used to back at home. We will always do what we can to make sure you have a good night's sleep. If you are not satisfied then we are happy to move you to another room if one is available. The upside of the Deluxe Rooms is they have a view with small balcony and good natural lighting. All room types have nice clean interiors. We just finished repainting all the rooms.

Thank you for your compliments about our restaurant. Today we opened our new kitchen which is a big improvement for staff to work in and we can now get the meals to the tables without you having to wait longer than normal. Last high season it was difficult to keep up with the orders because we didn't expect the restaurant to be so busy and we had such a small kitchen. Now we are ready to take on the next high season and we are confident every customer will be satisfied with the service and quality of food.

Please come back again!!

Terry

Been to Lemongrass Hotel? Share your experiences!